Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

View Poll Results: Which orange color would you rather be able to order on the Camaro.
Hugger Orange 98 61.25%
Inferno Orange Mettalic 44 27.50%
I like them both exactly the same 18 11.25%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Hugger orange vs Inferno orange mettalic (IOM)

In this thread below, xl1200r described Hugger orange as bland, boring and flat. So to prove his point wrong that the majority on this forum would actually prefer Hugger orange versus what GM is currently offering as orange, I am creating this poll.. To me IOM looks too red, but that is my opinion and don't let it sway your vote.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...?t=9545&page=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xl1200r View Post
So do carbuerators and 8-track players. Times have changed.

Hugger Orange is a bland, boring, flat yet iconic color.
Hugger Orange

Inferno Orange Metallic

Taken from another thread, some more IOM pictures on Camaro.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9251

Last edited by Supermans; 11-12-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Fbodfather pointed out that the lack of metallic appearance makes Hugger Orange less appealing on the Camaro. Classic Camaros don't have the same lines as the new ones. With more definition, a color should be applied that makes the lines pop. I trust fbodfather's judgement.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Fbodfather pointed out that the lack of metallic appearance makes Hugger Orange less appealing on the Camaro. Classic Camaros don't have the same lines as the new ones. With more definition, a color should be applied that makes the lines pop. I trust fbodfather's judgement.
Well then why can't a metallic Hugger orange be created then? Either way, I would prefer ordering a non-metallic hugger orange than any other color offered. Chrysler has a metallic hugger orange in their lineup so there should be no excuse. And if I do say so myself, the concept convertible camaro had a metallic hugger orange on it if I'm not mistaken..

It seems another Camaro forum also had a poll about wether or not hugger orange should be offered.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/2010-c...ered-vote.html
Old 11-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #4
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
I agree 100%. As soon as I found out the Camaro was going into production I knew I wanted Hugger Orange, but they offered IOM instead. That color dosen't do it for me. So next I wanted bright blue. I looked through the colors, and they offered Dark blue, and some half breed blue/purple/teal mess called Aqua Blue Metallic. So theres letdown number 2. I would have ordered by now had either Hugger orange or a bright blue been offered.

Last edited by ctk1; 11-12-2008 at 11:21 AM.
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Well then why can't a metallic Hugger orange be created then? Either way, I would prefer ordering a non-metallic hugger orange than any other color offered. Chrysler has a metallic hugger orange in their lineup so there should be no excuse. And if I do say so myself, the concept convertible camaro had a metallic hugger orange on it if I'm not mistaken..

It seems another Camaro forum also had a poll about wether or not hugger orange should be offered.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/2010-c...ered-vote.html
They would name it something else, and then the purists would get angry that it isn't glossy like they remember it, and we'll have more polls posted about whether Camaro5 users like Hugger Orange or Hugger Orange Metallic. Basically, we'll end up in the same place as we are right now.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
They would name it something else, and then the purists would get angry that it isn't glossy like they remember it, and we'll have more polls posted about whether Camaro5 users like Hugger Orange or Hugger Orange Metallic. Basically, we'll end up in the same place as we are right now.
I disagree.. Show me any challenger forum where people dislike the metallic Hugger Orange on the new Challenger?? Yes there will be some purists, however the vast majority of enthusiasts by a large margin would choose Metallic Hugger Orange over Inferno Orange Metallic every time it is polled. That should tell GM something. If GM is waiting for that color to be released only with the convertible, then so be it, however it still should be offered as the more popular color at launch..
Old 11-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
the picture above doesnt do IOM justice, theres more sunlight on the 1st picture

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:26 AM   #8
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Could you have picked a worse photo for Inferno Orange Metallic? Try pics of same quality and resolution for a fair comparison. I refuse to vote until that's fixed.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #9
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
I'm honestly at a loss with the colors GM is offering on this car. You can always expect Red, Black, and White. Silver is nice because it looks like the concept. yellow is a nice choice and should have been offered on the 4th gens. After that though there is a significant drop off in the colors. I know GM dosent want to paint itself into the corner making the car totally retro, but many retro colors were very nice, do not look dated at all, and would have fit the Camaro nicely. My 1st 2 choices would have been Lemans Blue, and Hugger Orange.
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #10
glazr69

Drives: 2011 Charger R/T
personally, IOM is a little less HEEEYYYY LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT ME!!!! than hugger orange..
Old 11-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #11
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalometalik View Post
the picture above doesnt do IOM justice, theres more sunlight on the 1st picture
Find a better picture and post it here. I will then place it in the first post for the comparison. I did look for the most accurate representation of IOM I could find in a photo BTW.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #12
GEARHEAD

Drives: 2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp G
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
Could you have picked a worse photo for Inferno Orange Metallic? Try pics of same quality and resolution for a fair comparison. I refuse to vote until that's fixed.
IMO a color should look good in any picture in any light. There shouldn't be a "worse photo". Why settle for a color that only looks good some of the time when GM could come up with a bright orange color that looks good all of the time like other manufacturers? Are you only going to show your car off to people in your driveway at 4:00 in the afternoon when there are no clouds in the sky and the sun is shining because that is when the sun hits it just right to make the car look good?
GEARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:41 AM   #13
BigRigMike

Drives: 2010 Ford Fusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Find a better picture and post it here. I will then place it in the first post for the comparison.
I think about any picture from the below thread would make for a better comparison.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9251
BigRigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #14
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD View Post
IMO a color should look good in any picture in any light. There shouldn't be a "worse photo". Why settle for a color that only looks good some of the time when GM could come up with a bright orange color that looks good all of the time like other manufacturers?
Seriously? You're telling me there's no such things as good or bad photos? Alllllrighty then.