Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

Drives: 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Send a message via AIM to EAkrish
Exclamation MBRP TECH... WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!

MBRP TECH, I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR TWO WEEKS WITH YOU ALL WITH NO AVAIL!!!! YOU ALL SENT ME OUT A NEW MUFFLER IN HOPES THAT THIS WAS THE PROBLEM. WELL I TOOK OFF EVERYTHING FOR THE THIRD TIME AND BOLTED IT ALL BACK UP WITH THE SAME PROBLEM! THE PASSENGER SIDE TIP STICKS OUT WAY MORE THAN THE DRIVERS SIDE!!!!! NOW, TO TOP IT OFF THE DIAMETER OF THE NEW PASSENGER SIDE MUFFLER IS A BIT TO SMALL TO ACCEPT THE TIP!!!!!! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO???????????!!!!!!????/

Forgive the yelling but this is ridiculous!!!!

UPDATE!!!!!!! Everything is taken care of. MBRP stands by their work!!!!!

Now I drive a F150 Supercrew

Last edited by EAkrish; 09-21-2009 at 01:00 PM.
EAkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

lol, what do you know...... nothing

Old 09-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
How is this possible when the tips both move at least 1" each, allowing you to put them wherever you want? I found quite a bit of flexibility when moving all the pipe joints around. Did you try unbolting the rest of the joints and sliding things towards the front on one side, and towards the rear on the other side?
Old 09-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

yes sir, there is another member with the same issue

Old 09-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
MBRP Tech 1

Drives: 2009 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAkrish View Post
MBRP TECH, I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR TWO WEEKS WITH YOU ALL WITH NO AVAIL!!!! YOU ALL SENT ME OUT A NEW MUFFLER IN HOPES THAT THIS WAS THE PROBLEM. WELL I TOOK OFF EVERYTHING FOR THE THIRD TIME AND BOLTED IT ALL BACK UP WITH THE SAME PROBLEM! THE PASSENGER SIDE TIP STICKS OUT WAY MORE THAN THE DRIVERS SIDE!!!!! NOW, TO TOP IT OFF THE DIAMETER OF THE NEW PASSENGER SIDE MUFFLER IS A BIT TO SMALL TO ACCEPT THE TIP!!!!!! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO???????????!!!!!!????/

Forgive the yelling but this is ridiculous!!!!
My name is Steve Nairn, and on behalf of Jeff(MBRP Tech) and MBRP Inc, I would like to be the first to apologize for your system not fitting as it was intended...

As for your post yesterday...Sunday...we work Monday-Friday 50+ weeks a year, and do our best to get back to customers in a timely manner. I hope you can understand that we need our time off as well.

Now to resolve your problem...Jeff has been on the road since last week at a show in Indy, so it is difficult for him to find a computer to keep up to speed on the forums at all times. Jeff will be in contact with you as soon as he gets a chance to pull off the highway now that he is on his way home. We would like to get this resolved.
MBRP Tech 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #6
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

Update, after taking it off one more time and re mounting everything, I am still having the same issue! Plus the diameter issue of the passenger side muffler. I brought it to a muffler shop, and after 1.5 hrs and 50 dollars of cutting approx 1 inch of total piping on the passenger side piping and welding the tips.... I am a satisfied customer.

Last edited by EAkrish; 09-21-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #7
MBRP Tech 1

Drives: 2009 SS
Glad you were able to get everything worked out. I just got off the phone with Jeff and you have at least one message on your voice mail.
MBRP Tech 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

Jeff is a great dude, I got everything worked out! Thanks guys

Old 09-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #9
camaross14

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS,2008 Silverado
ok the problem i am having with my mbrp is with the pass. side also the tip is way far out....next its like the system no matter how i twistg and turn rubbs my rubber ujoint on the rearend and hits the suspension plus my system hangs down at the xpipe so far it hits the cross plate i was sent. any help?
camaross14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #10
MBRP Tech
Manufacture

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaross14 View Post
ok the problem i am having with my mbrp is with the pass. side also the tip is way far out....next its like the system no matter how i twistg and turn rubbs my rubber ujoint on the rearend and hits the suspension plus my system hangs down at the xpipe so far it hits the cross plate i was sent. any help?
Not sure what exactly is the cause for your situation, but I've sent you a PM to get your contact info to get this taken care of for you.

Jeff Carr
Sales & Special Events Coordinator
MBRP Inc. Performance Exhaust
1-888-636-7223
www.mbrp.com]
MBRP Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #11
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
I am glad to see a MBRP rep here. I wrote about some of my issues which these people seem to be having. (And others which I was called picky about. Like the polish on the pipes not being great and the welds looking pretty poor.) My kit was installed and removed multiple times to get it to fit and it required the driver's pipe to not be seated all the way to match the passenger's side. As I stated a professional install was the way to go.

I have linked my posted (with pics) so that MBRP can be aware of my issues.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=54

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=57

My tips stick out farther than stock too but I don't think they look to bad. I do wish they were the factory depth.

The system sounds great and does look nice from behind the car. So far no rattles either.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
MBRP Tech
Manufacture

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
I am glad to see a MBRP rep here. I wrote about some of my issues which these people seem to be having. (And others which I was called picky about. Like the polish on the pipes not being great and the welds looking pretty poor.) My kit was installed and removed multiple times to get it to fit and it required the driver's pipe to not be seated all the way to match the passenger's side. As I stated a professional install was the way to go.

I have linked my posted (with pics) so that MBRP can be aware of my issues.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=54

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=57

My tips stick out farther than stock too but I don't think they look to bad. I do wish they were the factory depth.

The system sounds great and does look nice from behind the car. So far no rattles either.

Good to hear that you are all set up and enjoying the system now.

As for the pipes, the raw tubing is polished before we bend it, so where the bends are made it does dull and the mandrel bender does leave slight clamp marks on the outside. Any pictures that we put on our website are literally straight from production, wiped with glass cleaner and pictures taken. They are then boxed and added back to our stock. We only fully mirror polish the tips on the systems as that's what you can see.

The system itself has the adjustability that can make the system easily tweaked to where you want it before clamping it all down.

If anyone at all is looking at, or has purchased a MBRP Inc system and has any questions, please contact me through PM, email, or at the office and I will do my best to answer any questions you might have.

Jeff Carr
Sales & Special Events Coordinator
MBRP Inc. Performance Exhaust
1-888-636-7223
www.mbrp.com]

Last edited by MBRP Tech; 09-23-2009 at 07:33 AM.
MBRP Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:01 AM   #13
SMPdude

Drives: 2010 Camaros and more
I just wanted to say that we have installed several of their systems, not just the Camaro, but many others and have had nothing but good results along with great customer service when having questions about new upcoming kits.
I have installed a few of the Magnaflow kits on the Camaros also and have the same issues with them, some times it takes just a little patience and time to get them just right.
MBRP gets a Thumbs up from us
SMPdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRP Tech View Post
Good to hear that you are all set up and enjoying the system now.

As for the pipes, the raw tubing is polished before we bend it, so where the bends are made it does dull and the mandrel bender does leave slight clamp marks on the outside. Any pictures that we put on our website are literally straight from production, wiped with glass cleaner and pictures taken. They are then boxed and added back to our stock. We only fully mirror polish the tips on the systems as that's what you can see.

The system itself has the adjustability that can make the system easily tweaked to where you want it before clamping it all down.

If anyone at all is looking at, or has purchased a MBRP Inc system and has any questions, please contact me through PM, email, or at the office and I will do my best to answer any questions you might have.
Thanks for the reply. Being available to you customers is a big thing towards being a top notch company. In an enthusist market it is critical to success. So for being here.

The shipping damage my system had I wanted you to be aware of so you can evaluate your packaging. When I ran my own business one of the hardest things was getting the items to the customer in one piece. It is hard to believe that a shipping company can bend up an exhaust system (even though I am certain they did) but mine had dented ends and hangers that were bent. I am sure that you did not ship the system in that condition so I wanted to post my experience in the hope that MBRP would see it and "keep an eye on it" to see if the packaging needs to be revised. Hopefully mine was just a isolated issue...

As for the polish... what I would like to see is just a clarification that the pipe is not perfect. Maybe an closeup picture or two? The finish was not a major issue for me but for some it could be. I recommend that you provide a little more detail so they can make an informed purchase and do not feel disappointed once they see the system.

As I have said. Overall I am happy with my system and love the sound.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote