Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-24-2008, 05:35 AM   #71
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Just think guys, you buy the LS and get the steel wheels, well it won't feel so bad as having to replace those Fancy rims that come on the LT and RS and SS if you want to upgrade, plus you have a spare set that you can put snow tires on and not ruin your good (expensive) rims in the winter...
By the way If you damage one of the steel ones I am sure it will be less expensive to replace than one of the other Rims. My first Sky I had to replace one of the chrome rims and it cost.. Hold on to your hat.. $750.. for just ONE!

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-24-2008 at 05:55 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:43 AM   #72
christianjax

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@TestTrack View Post

Its actually not on one of the turn tables.. Once you get off the ride and walk into the show room its on display off to the right. Its a permanent display for better viewing rather than the 30 or so seconds the turntables allow.

Ah, I know exactly where you are talking about. That's where that funky electric car of the future was. Very cool. However, that area can attract quite a crowd as it is right at the ride's exit, so it might be a little crowded there.
christianjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:08 AM   #73
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
That steelie could be a lot uglier. I'm pretty happy with it.
To each their own regarding the steelies....personnally it's like an ugly baby...only something that a mother could love.

and I like the 1st Gen steelies....with this being a "pre-pro", guess the right thing to do is cut The General some slack until a production model is photographed.

Josh!!! You da man! Wish this had been there when I was there over Halloween but such is life.

THANK YOU for taking, posting, and helping others get pics to feed our "addiction" to the new Camaro.

josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:44 AM   #74
punkdrum01

Drives: 1999 z28 Vert Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1147 View Post
To each their own regarding the steelies....personnally it's like an ugly baby...only something that a mother could love.

and I like the 1st Gen steelies....with this being a "pre-pro", guess the right thing to do is cut The General some slack until a production model is photographed.

Josh!!! You da man! Wish this had been there when I was there over Halloween but such is life.

THANK YOU for taking, posting, and helping others get pics to feed our "addiction" to the new Camaro.

Which is exactly why I'm speaking up about it. I'm not slamming anyone at GM, just offering some constructive criticism Input from enthusists like ourselves will be one of the many reasons this car is sucessful. If I see something that makes me throwup in my mouth a little bit, I'm gonna tell you about it!!!! Not because I'm trying to be mean, its because I believe that you can do much better Example....remember when we first found out there would not be a blue color available on the SS model????? Fixed that real quick now didn't we.........

Looking at the larger picture....... If the only complaint I have with this car is with the wheels on the base model, you know GM is on to something truely special.
punkdrum01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #75
Josh07

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianjax View Post
Ah, I know exactly where you are talking about. That's where that funky electric car of the future was. Very cool. However, that area can attract quite a crowd as it is right at the ride's exit, so it might be a little crowded there.
No thats not quite it..lol Once you enter the show room where there is a small stage thats raised about 8" or so off the ground off to the right. Its right next to the Information Booth.. We used to have the Richard Petty Race car there, before that was a tricked out GMC Acadia and boat, before that we had a Pontiac Vibe and G8 that we were giving away, and the Petty Car again (in case anyone has been there in the past year..lol)

If some one still doesnt know what im talking about just walk straight into the show room, once you get into the center of the room just stop and turn right.. you'll see it
Josh07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #76
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Jalopnik has posted an article...and wrongly called this an RS. Oops.
http://jalopnik.com/5117468/2010-che...e-style-wheels
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #77
niki1

Drives: 00´Z28
wheels look nice on it!
niki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #78
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Don't care for the wheels myself, and the lack of spoiler too. This is what the majority of what most 'lot' Camaros will look like. So therefor, you see more like these on the roads than ones like what have special ordered. Should make my nice 20" polished concept type wheels stand out more.

BTW - I'm asuming those are 17" - 18" wheels? What was the smallest size offered on the base model?
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #79
ToddyC

Drives: 1993 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@TestTrack View Post
I will try and take more pictures when i go back to work after Christmas. ToddyC when you come in I can take pictures of the front and rear for you as the stage kinda restricts all angles for pictures from where the guests can stand. I cant take them on my phone or own camera in costume per Disney policy, but i can take them for a guest
Josh, I will definitely try to find you when we are there. I'll have my digital camera in hand!!!
ToddyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #80
glazr69

Drives: 2011 Charger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Don't care for the wheels myself, and the lack of spoiler too. This is what the majority of what most 'lot' Camaros will look like. So therefor, you see more like these on the roads than ones like what have special ordered. Should make my nice 20" polished concept type wheels stand out more.

BTW - I'm asuming those are 17" - 18" wheels? What was the smallest size offered on the base model?
You're looking at 'em
Old 12-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #81
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecobaltkid View Post
I love this car..but my LS will be white...I might paint the steelies green...(hate me now) photoshop anybody?? But the green I might be painting them is a unique shade of green. Its on my rescue squads 2006 GMC C5500 4x4 rescue truck. Its a color that has been with my squad for 55 years. Ill try to post a pic of my rescue truck so yall know what I'm talking about..
Actually, I think that might look really cool. You have my support!

I'd love to see steelies made in the smallest size possible to fit over the SS brakes and mount some all-season tires on them for bad weather (bad for Southern California, that is).

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #82
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
Nice ole Ralley Sport rims, yuck! I do love the color, reminds me of IROC Blue
Old 12-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #83
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Those look much better than I thought they would... Interesting. I may just get these while I wait to to get my aftermarket wheels.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #84
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkdrum01 View Post
Sorry........ not a fan of those wheels at all I'm glad some of you like it though The rest is looking great!!!!! These are the first pics of an LS trim are they not????
I hate those rims . But the complete look of the car is much better than the ace of base challenger and mustang. Btw it doesnt look too bad without foglamps
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote