Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
SummitWhiteLS

Drives: 2011 Mustang V6 Automatic
COMPLIMENTS: Camaro vs. Almost Any Other New Car

Just when I think I've received the last compliment on my Camaro, I get another one. And this one was the best:

Coming out of a convenient store after I payed for gas, 2 young girls in a small 4 door sedan said "Is that your car?"
"Yes" I replied.
Then one of the girls said "How does somebody get lucky enough to have a car like that!"

Stang, Challenger, and all the rest ... eat you freakin hearts out.

Camaro - 8 zillion
The Rest - 0
(okay, maybe 1)
Old 08-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhiteLS View Post
Just when I think I've received the last compliment on my Camaro, I get another one. And this one was the best:

Coming out of a convenient store after I payed for gas, 2 young girls in a small 4 door sedan said "Is that your car?"
"Yes" I replied.
Then one of the girls said "How does somebody get lucky enough to have a car like that!"

Camaro - 8 zillion
The Rest - 0
(okay, maybe 1)
the camaro really is an attention grabber!
AMPM1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #3
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
had a girl come out of hooters and ask me for a ride hahaha!
xBlackout_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
oldlugs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Bullitt + 2009 Shelby GT-500KR
Quote:
...Stang, Challenger, and all the rest ... eat you freakin hearts out. ..
Yeah; OK.

oldlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:16 AM   #5
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:

"Yes" I replied.

Camaro - 8 zillion
The Rest - 0
(okay, maybe 1)
This 2010 Camaro SS was my very first car, and so far Im still absolutely in love with this car! It couldn't be any more perfect. It has such a very defining look which makes it stand out from many other cars. I have a Silver Ice Metallic, the car looks very gorgeous as far as the paint quality-luxurious, in addition to the design, it looks mean and aggressive which almost always turns heads when I go out in public.

I remember I was on my way to work, I park on the 4th floor in the garage which is totally empty, but this time there was this young couple in a scion with this gigantic wing on the back of it, it looked very ricey, so I go ahead and double park my car and get out, and all of a sudden this guy and his girlfriend run up to me and literally start losing they're mind!

"Oh my god, your car is so gorgeous! Dude that car is f'n gangster! Holy f'n s***, I never got to see one this close up!"

I thanked them for the compliments and gave hand-shakes because I felt they had the same energy I had for the car before I owned it. I remember I use to be that guy who went nuts every time he seen the new,at the time rare, 2010 Camaro whenever it passed. I have limo tint on my car all around so you couldn't see much inside at all, so the guy asked me humbly if he could see the inside,....I was pushed for time, but I was just like him at one time, so I popped the lock and told him to get in and check it out! And when I say he totally went nuts, .....it was ridiculous. Felt very good, because it made his day. And his girlfriend was so in awe she didn't even want to get inside because she couldn't believe I was offering them a chance to get in.

Afterwards when he got out, we shook hands and laughed about it,....and he then tells me he's glad they brought the Camaro back because he thought Mustangs were "ugly" and had boring looks, and were definitely too common. He noted he had no problem with the Ford Mustang but noted that he thought it definitely needed a major redesign of it's exterior because it doesn't really change much from year to year and the look "just isn't working". And I agree with him. I have no gripe with Ford, I actually have respect for any car which has more than 400+ horsepower, but I think people would respond to any Mustang they see if the design were a little more distinct and different from anything else they've ever produced. The Mustang is like Porsche, they keep nearly the same design every year, only adding subtle changes which many people barely notice, but increase the efficiency of the power-plant.

I think with this new Camaro it has reserved it's place in history as a reborn iconic car, by having great power for the price and distinct looks which almost always turns heads. Camaro all the way baby........
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:23 AM   #6
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlugs View Post
Yeah; OK.

nasty!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Quote:
Yeah; OK.

Saw about 12 of these on my way home...very unique
the plastic side mirrors are a great touch
xBlackout_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 AM   #8
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackout_Camaro View Post
.........^
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 AM   #9
SoTHavok

Drives: 1
yo compliments on this car i dont even know where to start lets put it this way there hasnt been a day, a race, or a night when i havent had a compliment, havent lost a race in it yet either. lets see... that things a beast... holy f*ck thats your car.... you lucky ass m*tha f*ka.... daammm..... give me a ride plzzz.... thats the gangstas wimp ive ever seen... man i love chevys....that thing is sweet. and the rest i cant even remember being sixteen and showing this thing to my friends the compliments i just get used to im just like "yaah its an alright car" now when i get a compliment hahahaah
SoTHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:26 AM   #10
snakekiller

Drives: f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackout_Camaro View Post
really?? there must be allot of rich people around your town, at 80k wow 12!!!
snakekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:30 AM   #11
SoTHavok

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakekiller View Post
really?? there must be allot of rich people around your town, at 80k wow 12!!!
well they all look like the same, nobody even notices them. usually when i see one i yawn... makes me wanna fall asleep just looking at stangs these days
Old 08-18-2010, 03:28 AM   #12
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
Quote:
Yeah; OK.

come see me i got something for your pustang!!! im only right down the street from you lol
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:40 AM   #13
SoTHavok

why duz every stang owner gotta be a decepticon, cant we all just get along
Old 08-18-2010, 05:47 AM   #14
Bob Cosby

Drives: 2010 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPM1678 View Post
the camaro really is an attention grabber!
This is quite true, and while there are many more out on the road now than there were a year ago, it is still rare enough that they garner lots of positive comments on their looks.
Bob Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote