Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-26-2010, 06:34 AM   #15
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
why trash talk before any REAL specs are revealed.

The real specs that matter have been revealed. 470hp/470tq. No mention of a transmission upgrade so it's most likely the same 5 speed automatic as before.

The marketing by Chrysler is horrible on this car. They claim it will be available right after Thanksgiving, but there is no full spec sheet out yet.

I suppose they have already spoken about the positive new parts(new engine, new paint scheme) and let the old carry-over technology get swept under the rug in hopes that the consumer won't notice the uncompetitive and old technology.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:07 AM   #16
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
why trash talk before any REAL specs are revealed.

Didn't know I was trash talking. I was stating facts. If that car out runs a GT500 I'll buy you one.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #17
MaddogZ28

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28, 2011 SS/RS
The problem with the challengers is weight. So even though the new SRT-8 will have 470hp, it will probably be just about the same, performance-wise, as a camaro SS. Thats no big deal, unless of course it costs significantly more than an SS.
MaddogZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #18
jordan 572

Drives: none
Why are we having this argument? It's a Chrysler. Who cares?
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #19
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Now matter how you try to slice it ,they are still behind in the HP department.
I would pay 60 for one if it performed like the GT500.
How are they behind? Their HP is in the middle of the SS and GT and the GT500 as is the price, seems right on to me.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #20
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
The real specs that matter have been revealed. 470hp/470tq. No mention of a transmission upgrade so it's most likely the same 5 speed automatic as before.

The marketing by Chrysler is horrible on this car. They claim it will be available right after Thanksgiving, but there is no full spec sheet out yet.

I suppose they have already spoken about the positive new parts(new engine, new paint scheme) and let the old carry-over technology get swept under the rug in hopes that the consumer won't notice the uncompetitive and old technology.
You realize YOU are leaving a lot of facts out. It is not just a new engine and seats, the rest of the interior is upgraded with the new steering wheel and other soft touch materials, the suspension is completely retuned, per that article, giving it a Mustang GT like .93G on the skidpad, this is a far more revamped cChallenger than it seem to be just looking at the outside skin. Ever hear the old impression about not judging a book by it's cover?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #21
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogZ28 View Post
The problem with the challengers is weight. So even though the new SRT-8 will have 470hp, it will probably be just about the same, performance-wise, as a camaro SS. Thats no big deal, unless of course it costs significantly more than an SS.
Actually it is only around 2-3 10ths slowe rthan an SS right now, add 50 HP and 90 pound feet of torque, along with a better suspension for better launching, and my guess puts the SRT8 at 2-3 tenths quicker than the SS on average (not counting freak runs).
Old 10-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #22
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
How are they behind? Their HP is in the middle of the SS and GT and the GT500 as is the price, seems right on to me.
If you read my post I was comparing it to the GT500 not the camaro. Look I love the challenger. I just didn't go that route because it didn't have the performance of the GT500 ,and at the time it wasn't that much less in cost. I settled on the camaro because I liked the looks better than the mustang and I could run as good as an str-8 challenger for a lot less money. What I'm getting as is, I'm disappointed that they didn't get the Srt8 well over 500hp like it should be. I think they could sell more at a higher price if they made them run with fords top dog. Look what GM is doing. They're building the Z/28 ,and I'm sure it will run the Ford top dog. I just wish dodge would get on board. They need to stop building hideous looks packages and put some muscle in they're top muscle.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #23
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
Why are we having this argument? It's a Chrysler. Who cares?
Move on if you have nothing add other than crap talk.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #24
alrox

Quote:
You realize YOU are leaving a lot of facts out. It is not just a new engine and seats, the rest of the interior is upgraded with the new steering wheel and other soft touch materials, the suspension is completely retuned, per that article, giving it a Mustang GT like .93G on the skidpad, this is a far more revamped cChallenger than it seem to be just looking at the outside skin. Ever hear the old impression about not judging a book by it's cover?
The interior is not upgraded, it is just changed. It is a lateral move.

Comparing this 43K+ Chrysler suspension to a 31K Mustang GT suspension does not bode well for this cars future at its price point.

It will be another failure for Chrysler, purchased only by a small handful of enthusiasts who shun Ford and Chevy.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #25
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
it looks good.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #26
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
The interior is not upgraded, it is just changed. It is a lateral move.

Comparing this 43K+ Chrysler suspension to a 31K Mustang GT suspension does not bode well for this cars future at its price point.

It will be another failure for Chrysler, purchased only by a small handful of enthusiasts who shun Ford and Chevy.
Ugh, not you again..... So, since the M3 and CTS-V coupe pulls the same or less lateral g as a Mustang GT, does that mean they are not worth 63k+? And yes, the interior IS upgraded with even better materials (it was already screwed together well with good materials), new guage faces, and the 2 main complaints the interior, the steering wheel and the fact the driver side seat does not slide for rear seat access, have both been remedied for 11, how can you tell me these are not upgrades? And it has not and will not be a failure, it was alsways meant to be a relativelky low volume car. go to a consumer reports fanbase or something and spread you total BS over there please as I really don't think you are here because you are ANY type of car enthusiast.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #27
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Move on if you have nothing add other than crap talk.
O sorry you must own a chrysler. Damn
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #28
alrox

Quote:
Ugh, not you again..... So, since the M3 and CTS-V coupe pulls the same or less lateral g as a Mustang GT, does that mean they are not worth 63k+? And yes, the interior IS upgraded with even better materials (it was already screwed together well with good materials), new guage faces, and the 2 main complaints the interior, the steering wheel and the fact the driver side seat does not slide for rear seat access, have both been remedied for 11, how can you tell me these are not upgrades? And it has not and will not be a failure, it was alsways meant to be a relativelky low volume car. go to a consumer reports fanbase or something and spread you total BS over there please as I really don't think you are here because you are ANY type of car enthusiast.
M3 and CTS-V are not worth the money.

It doesn't matter about the functionality of the interior or the quality/color of plastic to Challenger buyers. They are going to buy the car regardless of what the interior is because they are enthusiasts. People only mention quality of plastic in car interiors to talk themselves out of something they were not going to buy in the first place. It is a hot topic issue with little real worth.

I am a car enthusiast. Chrysler makes poor cars. There is no way to get over that.