Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 03-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
RatedZ

Drives: Camaro SS
Tampa Bay Chevrolet Dealers/Service

Does anyone have any positive/negative experience when dealing with taking in your Camaro in for service and/or warranty work? I have heard some negatives about Dimmit on US19 and now am getting frustrated with the dealer we bought our Camaro at Ferman in Tarpon Springs. I was thinking maybe taking it to Stingray in Plant City?
RatedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
I have always had a great experience with service at Ferman Tarpon. Would never buy from them though as they charge too much for cars. Yet their service is way better and cheaper than Dimmitt. I know people in the Dimmitt service dept and still won't go there. The Ferman downside is no loaners on site and you get Enterprise rental.

Stingray has always been good and IMO the best place to buy from. Service is good but, too far away just for service.

Gordon has done some good work for local people on this board.

Ferman Tampa stinks bad for everything.

What are you needing to get done?

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
RatedZ

We noticed a couple of things one being the drivers seat has a surface tear. It's not all the way through but obviously over time it will get worse and tear all the way so that is the first thing. Second is the rear deck stripe has a surface scratch and since you can't buff it out, it needs to be replaced even though the sales manager swears he doesn't see it but one would think that if it wasn't there why would I ask for it to be fixed. Also the rear blade spoiler ends are not even straight and they need to be adjusted so it looks level. It's not a deal breaker there but it should line up a bit better I would think.

They are giving me a hard time saying I did all that and since it just turned 1,000 miles, I only had a week to bring it back in to get all that fixed after we picked it up. They went on to say that Chevy won't cover these items and they are going to have to pay for it and if they don't, I do.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
id3ej4y

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I would recommend Daniel's Chevrolet!
id3ej4y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjla67 View Post
We noticed a couple of things one being the drivers seat has a surface tear. It's not all the way through but obviously over time it will get worse and tear all the way so that is the first thing. Second is the rear deck stripe has a surface scratch and since you can't buff it out, it needs to be replaced even though the sales manager swears he doesn't see it but one would think that if it wasn't there why would I ask for it to be fixed. Also the rear blade spoiler ends are not even straight and they need to be adjusted so it looks level. It's not a deal breaker there but it should line up a bit better I would think.

They are giving me a hard time saying I did all that and since it just turned 1,000 miles, I only had a week to bring it back in to get all that fixed after we picked it up. They went on to say that Chevy won't cover these items and they are going to have to pay for it and if they don't, I do.

Odd. Ferman Tarpon replaced my wifes drivers seat in the Traverse at 35k miles zero questions asked. Replaced entire seat over 1 small tear in bottom portion. Just did this maybe 6 months ago.

As for blade spoiler. It's just misaligned? That shouldn't be any issue for them to just correct it. The vinyl yes i can see them balking at that due to having 1k miles before you mentioned it. Sucks but, i can see that as they don't really view that as a warranty issue. A scratch that is. Try some Adams super VRT. While it won't remove it it may make it far less noticeable. Mine still look new after 2 yrs and have always used that on them.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
tw3ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 SW/IOM
Gordon has been great with all 3 of my vehicles. See Tina in service.
tw3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
RatedZ

Yeah, the stripes I really don't care too much about as I do hide it with VRT as I will most likely have them redone myself sometime later but the seat is the biggest thing. I myself didn't notice it until I put the stripes on the spoiler. I'll wait to see how it goes when the parts come in and they fix it all for her.

On a different note, I did end up getting a CAI for it and should have it by next weekend. It's real tough to not want to drop a little cash on the motor and get it tuned so I could get a better exhaust/headers to really open it up.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #8
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
My personal experience with Gordon was horrible and a significant part of why GM bought my first convertible back. Others say fine. Literally told me, there was nothing more they could do and "suggested" I find another service department.

I am very happy with Dimmitt, but others say they have had issues.

I guess it can be hit or miss wherever you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
The standard rub marks. Actually wore a hole in the outer canvas over the passenger window. There's an entire rant with pictures in the "does your top have rub marks" thread about how the service manager was not willing to believe it was a defect vs consumer error (tried to blame it on a burn hole).

1 top replaced and created a leak like a sieve. Now at a different service department withe a GM case opened. Carpet, seat cushion, and more being replaced. Today is 1 week in the shop.

Don't get me started. Although, the new service department seems to be doing a good job and definately treating me like more of a valued customer than the first service department that told me to take a hike. sheesh.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
My personal experience with Gordon was horrible and a significant part of why GM bought my first convertible back. Others say fine. Literally told me, there was nothing more they could do and "suggested" I find another service department.

I am very happy with Dimmitt, but others say they have had issues.

I guess it can be hit or miss wherever you go.
This is as true as it get's. Everyone get's a different experience it seems. Very hit or miss everywhere.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
RatedZ

No doubt. The best story I ever had was I took my Mustang GT info routine service about 2 years after I got it (oil change) and later in the morning I got a call that my water pump was broke and there was no radiator fluid in the car. I told them that the service light never came on and that sounded strange.

I drove back up up the dealer and talked with the mechanic and asked them to show me the problem. I explained that I never saw any fluid on the ground, never smelled it nor did any lights come on for if it was low I would know it. I asked him to show me the pump (it was still on the car) so I can see where it was "leaking". I saw no signs of any leakage from staining which you would see and was told that as soon as it comes out it evaporates. I laughed.

They then told me the repairs was $500. I said go ahead and send the bill to Ford for it was still under warranty. They said it wasn't for I had gone past my 3 years and this part was not covered under any warranty, and after I showed them my paperwork (which I brought) that it was only 2 years old and this part was covered under the drivetrain warranty anyways for 5 years, they kindly replaced it for free. Never had a problem with them ever since.

It's amazing how much they try to not do or tell people all kinds of stories and sad thing, many fall for it never knowing.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I used to go to the Autoway in Clearwater. They always treated me good but that was years ago.

I'm now dealing with Stingray they seem like a good bunch but I'm just starting out with them. The body shop did some work on the wifes Impala SS after she got hit. They were excellent.

Ferman in Tampa I've dealt with their service department and they seemed competent enough. The sales department leaves a little to be desired. I helped my Grandmother buy a Cobalt there and it was great expirience but when I went back to inquire about a Camaro I got treated like crap. I'm now done with them...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #12
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
We've used autoway and stingray. While autoway is only 5 minutes away we've started going out to stingray as they've actually tried to fix issues and not just say its our driving. Ie. breaks squealing because they needed replaced
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #13
RatedZ

I've heard good things about Stingray myself. I know they were at the Camaro Rally so that is a nice positive that they supported everyone.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #14
RatedZ

So I took the Camaro to Stingray on Saturday. Unbelievable difference in terms of how they treat their customers. They are taking care of everything and I will be taking it there from now on for service. I would never set foot in Ferman ever again as I am sure they wouldn't be too happy with the complaint I filed with Chevrolet Customer Service and let them know what they did.