Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
My SS vs Nissan GT-R

Ok...I'll save you guys the trouble now. "TAKE IT TO THE TRACK BEFORE YOU KILL EVERYONE ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!"

So this past Saturday, I'm heading over to my sister's place to watch the Texas game (Hook 'Em!) and I'm just cruising along (80mph) on I-20 when I see a red GT-R coming up in the rear view mirror. He gets up behind me and just hangs around for I'd say about 30 seconds. I could see he was checking out my ride, which I thought was pretty cool considering this guy probably dropped $90K or so and he is interested in my $36K ride. I'm talking to my GF and telling her that a GT-R is behind me...she doesn't really care but I had to tell someone All of sudden, while in mid-sentence, he sling-shots around me and I don't know what came over me... I involuntarily drop the phone in my lap, drop my baby into 4th and we take off.

I'll interrupt this story to say that there wasn't any traffic in front of us and I wouldn't have done anything if there would have been traffic around us.

I hang with him up until I look down at the speedo and see 130 and then I back off. My windows were already down so I reach out and give him a thumbs up, he does the same and continues to roll on. Then an old Stingray flies by me and then those 2 guys take off.

It's always nice to get a from an owner of a great car like the GT-R...even if it is a Nissan.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Abygale

Drives: .
Sounds like a fun stretch of highway!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
IBTL

But grats on hanging with him.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Old 11-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Sounds like a fun stretch of highway!
Usually it is the opposite. Usually it's full of idiots who can't drive or don't know what cruise control is. For once it was a nice and extremely fun drive.

If you haven't seen a GT-R in person... pics don't do them justice. I'm a GM guy to the heart. I'm all about buying American, but damn... that is a car I wouldn't mind having in my driveway.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
Sounds like fun, sounds like he wasn't going full throttle, but hope you had a good time posting this thread because it will get locked shortly

Closed Thread