Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #15
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Drives: 2010 SGM
Got it .. cant believe after a whole year ! I just now read of a way to stream my iphones music wirelessly
Old 04-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #16
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
here's another option i have one of these plugged in my usb w/800 rock & heavy metal tunes plus my Iphone streamin.
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #17
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
I use an HTC Evo 4g and it works just fine with both PDIM and Bluetooth streaming (Pandora, Slacker Radio, etc.). To use the PDIM, I find it works more reliably to turn USB debugging on. Then you have to set the USB connection to mount the phone as a disk drive. The PDIM should recognize the Android phone and the steering wheel controls should work to advance to next song.

For bluetooth, I easily connect to music on my phone (either my own mp3 stuff or steaming) by selecting the Aux input source from my steering wheel button, then pushing the menu button (I think three times gets me to the correct menu option to select my phone).

Oh...make sure bluetooth is turned on on your phone first!

Good luck! Feel free to pm me if you need help and I will be happy to walk you through it over the phone

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #18
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
I use an HTC Evo 4g and it works just fine with both PDIM and Bluetooth streaming (Pandora, Slacker Radio, etc.). To use the PDIM, I find it works more reliably to turn USB debugging on. Then you have to set the USB connection to mount the phone as a disk drive. The PDIM should recognize the Android phone and the steering wheel controls should work to advance to next song.

For bluetooth, I easily connect to music on my phone (either my own mp3 stuff or steaming) by selecting the Aux input source from my steering wheel button, then pushing the menu button (I think three times gets me to the correct menu option to select my phone).

Oh...make sure bluetooth is turned on on your phone first!

Good luck! Feel free to pm me if you need help and I will be happy to walk you through it over the phone

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #19
FastEddie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS Camaro
I got another iPhone4 this week. It was not 4.3 already- as far as jailbreaking is concerned it works fine with all cone tivity between Pandora XM and YouTube I will never be at a loss for media! Since jailbroken my phone makes the sound proton packs make (ala ghostbusters ) when charged. So I leave it in my car with the speakers cranked up. When I start my car the exhaust and the sound effect blend perfectly and make people back away from the car or immediately buckle up if they are a passenger. I also listen to the local police scanner via iphone/ap/Bluetooth/car speakers. It's a hoot to let the alert and dispatcher play loudly all of a sudden when some fart can punk buzzes me and I see him again at the light. With 5 percent tint, I watch their dumb spines stiffen. Lol. The possibilities are endless! It's up to you how you capitalize in the technology, but right now the iPhone4 is the pinnacle of function And power.
FastEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #20
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonster View Post
How do I go about using the gm music connect wireless feature to play music from the iPhone ?
I know you found it already, but it is better to see the YouTube video for anyone else looking to do it.

Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #21
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I've done a lot of testing with the droid phones in my car.

Here are your options:
1) Hook up via USB in PDIM mode with playlist support
2) Connect via bluetooth
3) Hook up via headphone out to headphone jack under USB port

Option 1 does not allow you to stream music via apps like pandora, but you can use playlists that are stored on the phone
Option 2 works a lot like option 3 and you will hear whatever audio is playing including internet radio. However, you will lose audio quality. It is most noticeable with bass.
Option 3 plays all audio including internet radio. Audio quality is not degraded. You cannot switch songs with the car stereo, however.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #22
Tigg
Irreverent Schmoe

Drives: Black 2010 2SS
This is how I do it....everything on your phone can be played over the Radio..I haven't noticed any sound quality drop off....

This is a good tutorial on how to set it up.