Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #43
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
To bad not home to install it lol....Going to take you awhile to install so be ready
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #44
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Before I had a Camaro I thought Lambo doors were stupid on cars besides Lambos, but on certain cars like Camaro's they look alright.

The main reason I would get Lambo doors is because the Camaro doors are so long.... The first week I got my car my girl friend opened the door right into the gas pump.. she made it up to me and I got it fixed but like comon these doors are to long lol.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #45
2fullgarage
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 SS Vert
My kids are all 12 and under (girls), who have NO control when opening those big a$$ doors....

Just to protect other people's property at a car show is worth it. I drive 25k miles per year, that is a lot of opportunity to inflict damage to myself and others.

They open normal to keep the trolls quiet and vertical when the need arises.

To do it for "cosmetics", I admit is silly

2fullgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #46
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
I have them and I love them. I agree with everyone else that said VDI is the only way to go. It is. Other kits won't last the life of your car. These doors are so long so verticle doors actually serve a function. Someone said "you could hit the car two spots over" and that's pretty much true. Plus yeah, as they are so long, they do look pretty cool standing 8 feet in the air. I live in a main street town and opened the door (up) for my fiance. Some teenagers drove by and one yelled, "lambo doors suck!" He was in a Neon with a spoiler and fart-can muffler by the way - A Dodge Fart. But I would bet my next pay check if that kid stood next to them for 5 seconds, he'd be impressed. They're awesome. And like everyone else said, if you don't want to open them "up," don't. True it doesn't work for all cars. I saw an Escalade with all four doors done and it looked kinda dumb. The Camaro? Sure. I have no regrets doing my doors at all. Do it, just go VDI. Here's a pic from the side and from the front...
Attached Images

Last edited by Libertypilot; 09-26-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #47
JoshuaJP84

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6 Stock package
LibertyPilot, This was by far my favorite response. Dodge Fart. That crap cracks me up so bad I'm dyin. Funniest part of it is my second car was a Dodge Neon with spoiler and super tint and a bad a$$ Spitfire sticker covering half my back windshield. I thought I was tough $h!t. lol That was 11 years ago. Glad I saw the light. haha Thanks for your response guys. VDI it is.
JoshuaJP84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #48
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I pulled up to my girl's house the other day to see a black camaro parked right behind where I usually park, with the 18" steelies bumping loud rap music, I come outside again about 2 hours later and the lady is still there in her car with another friend. I get to my door to get in and she pops open the lambo door with the window down and does some sort of body expression as if to say, "sup, you ain't got lambo doors you ain't shit"

And it was hilarious.

It's your car, but I remember that ghetto lady who would rather have hard to lift, constantly needing to be adjusted doors instead of some decent wheels or a spoiler every time I see vertical doors on a car that it doesn't belong on.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:55 PM   #49
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
I have vertical doors on my Camaro from LSD a company out of germeny and they are top quality . My installer had only installed chepe universal kits , now he only installs LSD . My door is not heavy at all in fact the hinge is so strong that when I open the door all the way out the doors go up by themselves , even my 100lb wife opens em no problem . Got pics in my build thread . Theirs a lot of members on here with vertical doors that are tastefully modified and not "ghetto'

Last edited by Black Knight; 09-24-2014 at 11:07 PM. Reason: .
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:54 AM   #50
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaJP84 View Post
LibertyPilot, This was by far my favorite response. Dodge Fart. That crap cracks me up so bad I'm dyin. Funniest part of it is my second car was a Dodge Neon with spoiler and super tint and a bad a$$ Spitfire sticker covering half my back windshield. I thought I was tough $h!t. lol That was 11 years ago. Glad I saw the light. haha Thanks for your response guys. VDI it is.
Whoops, that kinda backfired. LOL!!! Keep us posted and post some pics after install. You won't regret it, they really are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
I have vertical doors on my Camaro from LSD a company out of germeny and they are top quality . My installer had only installed chepe universal kits , now he only installs LSD . My door is not heavy at all in fact the hinge is so strong that when I open the door all the way out the doors go up by themselves , even my 100lb wife opens em no problem . Got pics in my build thread . Theirs a lot of members on here with vertical doors that are tastefully modified and not "ghetto'
Like mine! And Joshua's now! I'm kinda jealous of your hinges though. Mine go up really easily but not automatically!
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #51
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
. Thank you . You got a sweet camaro
Old 09-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #52
JoshuaJP84

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6 Stock package
You're the man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertypilot View Post
Whoops, that kinda backfired. LOL!!! Keep us posted and post some pics after install. You won't regret it, they really are awesome.

Like mine! And Joshua's now! I'm kinda jealous of your hinges though. Mine go up really easily but not automatically!

You're the man. Thanks, bro. I'll definitely be posting some pics after install.
JoshuaJP84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #53
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Please don't. Lambo doors were made for lambos. A $175,000 price difference. That's my opinion, do what you wish. At least mod your LS to look like it would fit in. Don't look like a ...
Old 09-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #54
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Yup Lambo doors were made for Lambos...
But Vertical doors look killer on the 5th gen.
VDI FTW
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #55
Packers1

Drives: 2015 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
Yup Lambo doors were made for Lambos...
But Vertical doors look killer on the 5th gen.
VDI FTW
That looks great! Getting my vertical doors next Monday, can't wait!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:34 PM   #56
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
One more for vdi. I always thought "vertical doors on a camaro... Ewwww" but went to a local car meet and saw a member with the vdi kit and it looked absolutely awesome. Quality was great and it blended perfectly. I don't personally have the kit but he had nothing but great things to say about them. For those talking bad... I would have been joining you 3 months ago, but see it in person and it might change your mind.
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lambo doors, vertical doors