Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-24-2015, 09:23 AM   #1
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Hand Crank Towel/Chamois Ringer?

Anyone using a drying towel/Chamois ringer for their set-ups? A detailing friend of mine has one in his shop and it works very well.

Anyone use one for their home garage? Any complaints? Looking at options.

Thanks!

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 05:49 PM   #2
oldschool56

Drives: 2012 Auto Black/Black 2LT/RS
None of the towels / cloths I use require being run through a wringer. After washing, I use a blower to dry the car. Following that, I use detail spray and spray wax, neither making the cloths wet enough to be wrung out.
oldschool56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool56 View Post
None of the towels / cloths I use require being run through a wringer. After washing, I use a blower to dry the car. Following that, I use detail spray and spray wax, neither making the cloths wet enough to be wrung out.
How long does it take to do your whole car with a dryer? I assume you mean with a leaf blower. After towel drying I use one to blow the water out of the cracks and crevices, and that takes about 10 minutes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:48 AM   #4
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Same here, I've not found the need for a mechanical wringer with my procedure for drying a vehicle.
I use the MetroVac Air Force Master Blaster. Expensive? Yes, but it's one of those things that once you start using it, you wonder how you got along without it! It takes about 15 minutes to blow all the water off a vehicle that has a good coat of wax or sealant applied to it. I'll then go over any areas I need to with either a Waterless Wash or Detail Spray using a Waffle Weave microfiber towel. My choice for all these products is from Adam's Premium Car Care.
Gotta figure, the less you touch the paint, the less of a chance you have in marring its finish.
An electric leaf blower will work, but not as well as this tool, up to 8 horse power from two electric motors blowing warmed, filtered air, made specifically for the purpose of drying a vehicle. A gas leaf blower will leave little oil spots on the finish from the exhaust; ask me how I know.