Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

Drives: '11 Camaro LS M6,'09 Daytona 675
Town of Fishkill PD

I was on my way to work this morning around 6:30 and as I came up on a green traffic light, it turned yellow, I was 60/40 I could make it so went for it. I was wrong, as I see the light turn red as I'm about to go thru it I realize the Durango in the right turning lane was a cop. So sure enough as I look in my rearview he pulls intonthe straight lane. At this point I'm hoping against hope he just is going south as well. He gets up to my bumper quick and I know what's coming next. The lights come on, so over I pull. Get my info out and he gets to the window. License and registration??? So I give him my info, and then comes...do you know why I pulled you over? I played dumb, he said that light was "very red". He takes my info and goes back to his truck. At this point I'm kicking myself. I always stop at yellows, and i can usually spot a cop a mile away, even unmarked, let alone giant Durangos. I've been driving since I was 16, got one ticket at 16 and not one since. I'm 22 now. So I figure, at least it's not speeding, and 6 years without a ticket isn't too bad. So he gets out of his car and walks up to my window, he says "I know you knew that light was red." I go yes sir. He then goes, so does this have the 6 or the 8 it. I say the 6, didn't wanna pay gas for the 8. He says, your insurance would skyrocket with a ticket in this, so from now on only go thru green lights. I thanked him repeatedly, he shook my hand and said the car looks good in all black, Have a good day. And off he went. I was so sure I was getting a ticket the thought of him letting me off never even crossed my mind. Totally awesome cop. Didn't have a bad attitude, and it just goes to show that not all cops are as bad as people make them out to be, and if youre polite and respectful, they will be polite right back.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
cops are just regular people like you and me (minus the whole carrying a gun and handcuffs thing). 99% of cops are great guys, and the 1% that's a dick; he might just be having a bad day. Congrats on getting off with a warning though.

Also, just as a side note; I'm 21 with the SS. I checked with my insurance company on this part. If I get (1) speeding ticket, doesn't matter if it's 5 over or 45 over, my monthly payment gets doubled.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
dutchnrican
brevard

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6.
cool maybe he was just glad he got to pull you over so he could take a closer look at the car

I grew up in Kingston
Old 09-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
dutchnrican
brevard

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Also, just as a side note; I'm 21 with the SS. I checked with my insurance company on this part. If I get (1) speeding ticket, doesn't matter if it's 5 over or 45 over, my monthly payment gets doubled.
wow
Old 09-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchnrican View Post
cool maybe he was just glad he got to pull you over so he could take a closer look at the car

I grew up in Kingston
Haha I was gonna be like, if you wanted a closer look at the car you could have just asked. But whatevs, he's was a cool guy and didn't **** up my day.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
You have to be cool to work for a place called "Fishkill". Big city cops are having a chuckle with that name.
Good thing you weren't stopped by a police officer from Gun Barrel City, Texas.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Barrel_City,_Texas
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

Haha, the Dutch, who first settled here (dutchess county) in their language, or at that time, kill means creek so it's fish creek. You can't throw a stone and not hit a "kill" around here, peekskill, walkill, catskills, beaver kill. PETA once protested that the nAme was too violent. But I'll take Fishkill to gun barrel any day.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
TROndrey

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT/RS
Awesome and lucky you!

Also, good to see you post on the Hudson Valley C5 thread. We're going to the Healey Chevrolet show tomorrow morning and we meet up every Friday night at TGIF on Route 9 in Pokip
MRT v2.0 Axle-Back
RX Performance Catch Can
TROndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #9
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

Across from the galleria? I'll try to make it up there, that's where I bought the car.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
...Fishkill? lol We have Powder Springs and Happyville...No, man... no way.

I'd do everything I could to go county or state
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #11
melvinakshay
Vrooom Vrooom

Drives: Camaro 2011 black LS
sounds better than roadkill.
melvinakshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #12
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
i was born in peekskill, ny. moved to ok as a child. all my relatives are still spread out over westchester county though. it is almost time for a visit. we are thinking xmas. anyone want to let me drive their camaro in the snow? haha
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #13
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by okyankee View Post
i was born in peekskill, ny. moved to ok as a child. all my relatives are still spread out over westchester county though. it is almost time for a visit. we are thinking xmas. anyone want to let me drive their camaro in the snow? haha
That's cool, I work right in the Peekskill Yorktown area. If any of your relatives go to the McDonalds on 202 I've probably seen them.