Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
I would love to be able to roof mount it without having to tape a cable on my roof going into the trunk.

Where are you getting the mic screens?
I will try it on the roof for you, For that matter, if anyone else has a mounting suggestion, I'll try that too. I would think the roof mounting would take on the most wind.

As for the windscreens, there are many available online for about $8 apiece. I made mine from miscellaneous headsets that I had laying around. They are low-quality, so I'm going to see if I can source something locally that is better quality, before I test further.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #16
dixonk

Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
I will try it on the roof for you, For that matter, if anyone else has a mounting suggestion, I'll try that too. I would think the roof mounting would take on the most wind.

As for the windscreens, there are many available online for about $8 apiece. I made mine from miscellaneous headsets that I had laying around. They are low-quality, so I'm going to see if I can source something locally that is better quality, before I test further.
I have heard the wool is the best as it reduces the most amount of noise while maintaining clarity. The gray fuzzy looking stuff. Just teyingn to find it that small.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
I have heard the wool is the best as it reduces the most amount of noise while maintaining clarity. The gray fuzzy looking stuff. Just teyingn to find it that small.
If my foam doesn't work well, I'm going to buy the "Storm Chaser" cover on the bottom of the page in the link below. I called and spoke to them about it; it's a one-piece affair that covers the entire mic. Looks like it might be a good option:

http://thewindcutter.com/shop/index....path=1_137_139

Tags
burnout, gopro, jre 480, jre rough idle cam