Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #29
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rham48 View Post
I have an RT and it will hold it's own against a stock SS (or SRT for that matter). Yes it is modded and not all mods are public (no forced induction) and no, it's not stripped down, nor have I invested thousands of dollars into it.

Real muscle car lovers enjoy friendly rivalry, but when you intentionally put other muscle cars down... Frankly, I don't know what to say, other than you must be new to the muscle car world or just want attention. While not a big fan of challengertalk, it's funny how some people here make fun of other forums because of their attitude, but I see the same thing happening here. I joined this forum for camaraderie in the muscle car world and to make some local friends, but I'm starting to have second thoughts. Too bad, the Camaro is an icon in the muscle car world and I wouldn't dream of putting it down.

As for the "RT Kills" thread on challengertalk, I thought it was so stupid I posted a comment stating such and it killed the thread (until just recently). Check it out (post #512, last page). You might be interested in reading the very first post of "My R/T" on this forum: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37172

In closing, I just bought a 2010 Mustang GT Premium for my wife because she liked it, more so than the Challenger or the Camaro and she could have had either. I can also honestly state she knows more about new muscle cars than most salesmen (she embarrassed one). She too is a muscle car lover, goes to Barrett/Jackson every year and has bought 95% of the dozens of muscle rags in our house. Here's a pic of the 'stang- enjoy!
Should have bought a VW...lol jk. Well said, but what made you not want to wait for the 2011 mustang?
returnofcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #30
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by rham48 View Post
I have an RT and it will hold it's own against a stock SS (or SRT for that matter). Yes it is modded and not all mods are public (no forced induction) and no, it's not stripped down, nor have I invested thousands of dollars into it.

Real muscle car lovers enjoy friendly rivalry, but when you intentionally put other muscle cars down... Frankly, I don't know what to say, other than you must be new to the muscle car world or just want attention. While not a big fan of challengertalk, it's funny how some people here make fun of other forums because of their attitude, but I see the same thing happening here. I joined this forum for camaraderie in the muscle car world and to make some local friends, but I'm starting to have second thoughts. Too bad, the Camaro is an icon in the muscle car world and I wouldn't dream of putting it down.

As for the "RT Kills" thread on challengertalk, I thought it was so stupid I posted a comment stating such and it killed the thread (until just recently). Check it out (post #512, last page). You might be interested in reading the very first post of "My R/T" on this forum: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37172

In closing, I just bought a 2010 Mustang GT Premium for my wife because she liked it, more so than the Challenger or the Camaro and she could have had either. I can also honestly state she knows more about new muscle cars than most salesmen (she embarrassed one). She too is a muscle car lover, goes to Barrett/Jackson every year and has bought 95% of the dozens of muscle rags in our house. Here's a pic of the 'stang- enjoy!
It's going to happen on ANY forum, car, sports, interior design. Point about the the aforementioned Challenger forum is that it is so prevalent. You can't make one move without stepping in it and sinking up to your nose. I've met and talked to a few Challenger and Charger guys. They always seem to start their side of the conversation with how they beat up on this car or that car and how much HP they are running. I didn't say ALL of them do this but the vast majority do.

Last edited by REEFBLUE93; 10-30-2009 at 08:41 AM.
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #31
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
Well said, but what made you not want to wait for the 2011 mustang?
For one, it's pretty safe to assume the price will go up from the 2010s price. And it's quite possible the 2011s will have dealer mark-up too. And the guy did post the GREAT deal he got on the 2010. He really stole that car.

Two, some people are hesitant to buy the first model year where it's a new platform being used.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #32
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
For one, it's pretty safe to assume the price will go up from the 2010s price. And it's quite possible the 2011s will have dealer mark-up too. And the guy did post the GREAT deal he got on the 2010. He really stole that car.

Two, some people are hesitant to buy the first model year where it's a new platform being used.
My wife has waited a long time to get her very own muscle car. While I suspect she would have rather had an off body restoration 68 Camaro (professionally done), it wasn't in the cards right now. Considering I practically stole the Challenger from her, all the late nights and holidays working as a cop, two years of combat deployments (one when my son was 7 mos old) and all the other BS I have put her through, when she said "I want a car," I said go get one (under $40,000). She did and she got a smokin' deal on it. She's happy, so I'm happy. I don't think what 2011 has in store was ever a thought for her, to be honest.

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:58 AM   #33
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Hey! Challenger and Mustang guys get out of here. This website belongs to Camaro dudes. lol
SamSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #34
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
i too take no offense to those vids and i got the "slow" one!

i will add though, all the smack talk about the challengertalk forum is kinda silly when there are posts like this here. this place is better than that, c'mon!

oh and i did take a look at the "kills" thread over there again. its been a while since i've perused that thread, there was a vid added that i'm sure will "piss off camaro owners" because i as well as all of you know who should of won heads up:

as you can see the camaro was clearly sleeping at the light or spun like crazy and it once again came down to the DRIVER for the heads up win, as the camaro still recorded a better 1/4 time, which it should. that SS was really catching up too.

i'm not starting trouble, just wanted to show that it goes both ways and we should all be glad we are even having these discussions of which muscle cars are "better" then the others.
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:02 AM   #35
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post

as you can see the camaro was clearly sleeping at the light or spun like crazy and it once again came down to the DRIVER for the heads up win, as the camaro still recorded a better 1/4 time, which it should. that SS was really catching up too.

i'm not starting trouble, just wanted to show that it goes both ways and we should all be glad we are even having these discussions of which muscle cars are "better" then the others.
Shame on that Camaro driver. lol
SamSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #36
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Wink

Quote:
i too take no offense to those vids and i got the "slow" one!

i will add though, all the smack talk about the challengertalk forum is kinda silly when there are posts like this here. this place is better than that, c'mon!

oh and i did take a look at the "kills" thread over there again. its been a while since i've perused that thread, there was a vid added that i'm sure will "piss off camaro owners" because i as well as all of you know who should of won heads up:

By my count, you need to produce at least 3 more videos because the OP on this thread posted 4 and I don't think there were any missed gears....LOL
Old 10-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #37
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Is anyone keeping track of how many of these dumb threads we have?
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #38
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Is anyone keeping track of how many of these dumb threads we have?
But you keep posting on them too...
Old 10-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #39
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
By my count, you need to produce at least 3 more videos because the OP on this thread posted 4 and I don't think there were any missed gears....LOL
so that doesnt count?

not trying to outdo the original poster, just trying to make a point that it can go both ways.
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #40
SVT_SRT

Drives: 2009 Shelby GT500
I think the challenger was mostly bred for looks. It is the closest to it predecessor IMO. If you really want that old school feel I felt the challenger did it the best. But if you want POWER the Camaro SS and GT500 is where its at. (not the mustang GT)

SVT_SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #41
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
so that doesnt count?

not trying to outdo the original poster, just trying to make a point that it can go both ways.
A win is a win at the track, you're correct. The videos posted by the op show many of them in succession....LOL
Old 10-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #42
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=SVT_SRT;1111246]I think the challenger was mostly bred for looks. It is the closest to it predecessor IMO. If you really want that old school feel I felt the challenger did it the best. But if you want POWER the Camaro SS and GT500 is where its at. (not the mustang GT)[/QUOTE]

But for little to a moderate amount of money, the GT can provide that POWER as well. I have seen a few GT's that are built up N/A and are running in the 11's with cams, heads and a tune.