Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-27-2023, 03:57 PM   #1
Broskee13g

Drives: 2010 1SS / 2002 SLP/SS
Post SS Differential Clutch Pack Rebuild (1 wheel peel solution?)

First post, searched awhile for information on rebuilding the differential clutch and couldn't find much other than people dropping in a TrueTrac. Some G8 forums had info on the JRE Posi mod.

The other day was sliding around doing figure 8's (in an empty parking lot) and differential let go after 1. Was quite disappointing. I've noticed the 1 wheel peel's have been happening more often with the new tires and it really hurts my manhood.

Anyways, ordered a new clutch pack off of gbody.com, (https://gbodyparts.com/product_info....oducts_id=2221) in their description they mention shims in order to preload the spring. .0625" to .1875" depending on how aggressive you want it to be.

Curious if anyone else has had experience shimming the stock differential for more preload?

Anyone have experience with the JRE Posi mod? Correct me if im wrong, but seems instead of shims, JRE uses 1 extra steel and 1 extra double sided fiber in order to put more preload.

Any input is appreciated...

Thanks

EDIT: Just noticed this should be in the Transmission Subsection, dont know how to move it, apologies
Broskee13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 04:42 AM   #2
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Just my opinion, if you can afford a trutrac & complete install kit that might be the way to go.
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1 wheel peel, burnout, differential, jre posi