Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #15
thetournykid

Drives: 03 mustang, Upgrading!!
Wow, thank you all so much for the responses, they helped a ton!

greyghost, that car looks incrediabley awesome, is the hood the same material as the sides? it looks for i guess... glossy.. but looks awesome.

I'm trying to get a sick black look with some sick blue stripes, also would you or anyone know if, say i got the vinyal, or just the paintjob, could the blue stripes i want be done in the same material? or still applied no problem?

Thank you all!!
thetournykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #16
GreyGhost

Drives: Custom CGM/Pearl White 2010 Camaro
The top 1/2 of the car is the factory paint...Cyber Grey Metalic (CGM). The lower half and the hood spears are the pearl white flex paint. The orange accent stripe and "340hp" on the hood stripe are also flex paint. I had the bow ties and brake covers painted to match the orange material.

While it is all glossy, the factory paint (CGM) is definitely more glass-smooth than the flex paint material. The other nice things about the flex paint (besides being reversible, replaceable) are that it is a protective layer to the factory paint underneath and it is less expensive to apply than custom paint.

This work ran me about $3500, where a custom paint job could have been $7,000-10,000 from what I am told.

Of course, there are trade-offs. A wrap (vinyl or flex paint) is still a wrap. It has edges and limitations. But from a couple of feet away, it looks incredible and was well worth the cost.

As far as stripes, sure you can have them done if you paint, vinyl wrap or paint wrap. Mine are the same paint wrap material as my white color. You could wrap or paint yours and add vinyl stripes. Or paint it include new stripes as you do it.

Lots of options and ways to get what you want. The challenge is balancing all the trade-offs (cost, time, durability, removeability, maintenance requirements, distance to find an installer, etc).

Good luck with your project.

CGM w/ Pearl White and Kandy Kopper FlexPaint wrap, matching bow ties and brake covers, amber halos & fogs"
Awesome image by: Hazman
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote