Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Smooth and Cool

Drives: 2011 Camaro Lt Bumble Bee
Smile How/Possible/DIY headphones for music in car?

All laughing aside...I'm going on a road trip in a couple of months. I have a '11 1LT bare bones. Just have the aux and I've never tried the Bluetooth and dunno if it works.

Is there any way that I can like hookup headphones to listen to my music while the wife is reading/people watching/ sleeping??

I'd just like to figure out a way I can plug in earbuds and listen to the music as loud as I want while the wife does her thing. Any help?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chevy Camaro all the way!!
Smooth and Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
I do not now how but will warn it almost illegal to ware headphones while driving.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
Smooth and Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
I do not now how but will warn it almost illegal to ware headphones while driving.
Hmm...I wonder...I've got a couple of deaf friends who drive...they can't hear a lick...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
Decibel JJ
Car nut

Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
You should be able to use a line out converter hooked to your front speaker outputs along with a RCA to female phono adapter and switches or relays to interrupt the speaker line after the converter to get headphone output.

It's a bit of parts and effort to do something that's illegal anyway. Just get the passengers some earplugs instead.

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
is it different in each state? I know loads of people who wear the hands free sets and have bluetooth headsets on and never heard of anyone getting pulled over. This is in GA
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
if u have both left and right in your ear its illegal. thats why people can get away with bluetooths, its one ear. its technically illegal to jog with both on too. you can hear shit. somebody could be telling u its a pot hole and u run right into lol
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
Smooth and Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
if u have both left and right in your ear its illegal. thats why people can get away with bluetooths, its one ear. its technically illegal to jog with both on too. you can hear shit. somebody could be telling u its a pot hole and u run right into lol
Yah I can see your point in that. Ok, so if I wanted to "go around" that illegality, and just do one ear bud, how could I do it the least possible way? Bluetooth? Any ideas??

Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
drpotter

Drives: 2012 SS Vert
I would just run headphones from your phone and listen to Pandora or Slacker. Maybe use an Ipod? Or if you are just old school you could always go with a discman. Lol. IMO not worth trying to hook up headphones to your system.
drpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
you can get a stereo bluetooth headset. those will play music in them and be a regular bluetooth headset. here is a good one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-H17...item1c2e3811e8
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #10
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
http://lifehacker.com/5902802/ever-w...-youre-driving

not sure if you're in Kansas City, KS or MO but according to this link, it's legal to wear headphones while driving in either state (so long as no laws have been changed since this was posted). That being said, it's still very dangerous. There's quite a difference between being deaf (and not hearing a lick, where you';re fully relying on visual information) & wearing headphones (playing music as loudly as you want which is way more distracting than not hearing anything at all). One could make the argument that playing music loudly in your car is just as dangerous as wearing headphones and to that I say...

yes, you're right. It is very dangerous. Please be careful out there. Many people take driving as such a regular activity that they don't give it the attention is really deserves. There's any number of things that could go wrong out there and remember, the lives of others as well as yourselves could be at risk. Having your wife in the car, I would think it would be better for the two of you to find some kind of compromise rasther than to risk her safety by wearing headphones and blasting music.

sermon over. flame on...

Last edited by atma; 12-13-2012 at 12:32 PM.
atma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
I have an '11 1 LT and it did not come stock with bluetooth for phone or radio. I added the PDIM to get the USB and Bluetooth in the console and will likely have to add the new Onstar bluetooth module to get phone through the stock mic and speakers.

The best and cheapest way for you to get what you want is a portable device (ipod, phone, mp3 player with radio, etc).
Old 12-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #12
Decibel JJ
Car nut

Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
You could always wear one earbud and that'll be ok.

If your road trip is thru Vegas, I could wire it for you at the C&C show or something. PM me if you want.

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote