Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #29
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I looked at a 2010 SS/RS manual in rally yellow with 2000 miles on it for $29000. Id offer 27,000 for 9000. I was told 29000 is a great deal for it on another forum. The car looked better then new. But I would probably do the 53000 mile one if I got a extended bumper to bumper on it. what ever one looks better is what id do. Id get the 3yr 36000 extended bumper to bumper on either. 2010 is out of bumper to bumper warranty. It will cost you around $10 a month on the payment so why not Have that piece of mind.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:54 AM   #30
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Had my SS since June 2009 & no rattling sounds. My car is just as solid and tight as tge day I got it. No squeaks or rattles....except 1 very annoying intermitant rattle when I turn up the volume on my sub. I have yet to figure out where it's coming from.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:46 AM   #31
ss2nv

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SSRS
Do you know if the car has an aftermarket exhaust ? . Some systems have been known to have clearance issues at the tunnel brace.
ss2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:52 AM   #32
skirush

Drives: 2013 1LS
I hate sales people, especially car sales people. They are so annoying that I have purchased my last two cars online and over the phone just to avoid having to deal with them. They take the fun out of looking for and buying a car. Too many lies and bs.

Who is worse, lawyers or car salesmen?
skirush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #33
redhotcandy

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
I looked at a 2010 SS/RS manual in rally yellow with 2000 miles on it for $29000. Id offer 27,000 for 9000. I was told 29000 is a great deal for it on another forum. The car looked better then new. But I would probably do the 53000 mile one if I got a extended bumper to bumper on it. what ever one looks better is what id do. Id get the 3yr 36000 extended bumper to bumper on either. 2010 is out of bumper to bumper warranty. It will cost you around $10 a month on the payment so why not Have that piece of mind.
This is the 53K mile SS. Very pretty car IMO. Just concerned about the mileage. Looks like it's been well taken care of as far as I can see. Here's what they say about it: This Camaro is one of a kind! You will not another Camaro for sale like it! This car was custom done for a local friend here in Springfield, MO. All of the body panels were painted black to match, including rear tail lights, side skirts, front and rear bumper lips. This car was built off the "Black Night" theme and was used for promoting the Black Night movie. 2-owner, NON-Smoker, local trade! We just sent this car through a full interior/exterior detail! Car will remain in a climate controlled building until new ownership is taken

Here's the SS they are asking 29,000 for w/ 9K miles with the noisy shifter:
redhotcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #34
redhotcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2nv View Post
Do you know if the car has an aftermarket exhaust ? . Some systems have been known to have clearance issues at the tunnel brace.
I don't know that yet, but I'll be sure to find out. Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #35
redhotcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_warrior View Post
For the second vehicle your interested in the mileage is a little high for the year but should still have the factory power warranty. If maintained well and not abused the milage shouldn't scare you.
I just posted a few pictures of each car. the 53K one looks like it's been taken care of. I know my V6 just hit 60K (sad day) and it's in awesome condition. I've taken very good care of it and added some things. But of course I won't get anything out of that. They offered me 14K which I thought was low. IDK tho.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #36
Lemmy

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotcandy View Post
I just posted a few pictures of each car. the 53K one looks like it's been taken care of. I know my V6 just hit 60K (sad day) and it's in awesome condition. I've taken very good care of it and added some things. But of course I won't get anything out of that. They offered me 14K which I thought was low. IDK tho.
Don't worry about the mileage. Find out what has been done in terms of modifications from stock configuration. Mods often make the car go faster, but they also decrease its value. This isn't me saying it; it is the banks. I think 14K on a V6 trade is fine. But find out everything that has been done to it first. Then bid accordingly.
Lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #37
redhotcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
Don't worry about the mileage. Find out what has been done in terms of modifications from stock configuration. Mods often make the car go faster, but they also decrease its value. This isn't me saying it; it is the banks. I think 14K on a V6 trade is fine. But find out everything that has been done to it first. Then bid accordingly.

I know they don't give much or anything on upgrades or mods, but I have a CAI, axleback exhaust and America Racing wheels, plus some cosmetic things. I just thought 14 was kinda low seeing how well it's been taken care of. I know everyone thinks their car is worth more I guess.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #38
CamaroJoe96

Drives: 2013 Full Bolt on LFX M6
Mine rattles and whistles like a turbo when I go fast!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #39
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirush View Post
I hate sales people, especially car sales people. They are so annoying that I have purchased my last two cars online and over the phone just to avoid having to deal with them. They take the fun out of looking for and buying a car. Too many lies and bs.

Who is worse, lawyers or car salesmen?
You forgot politicians....

For the record, you are correct. Most car sales people are awful and will say and do anything. Not all salesmen are this way however.

What is most fascinating about preconceived attitudes is you usually get exactly what you expect to get. You will probably always have issues with sales people b/c you probably come into any deal expecting a negative experience. If you treat a good salesman in a disrespectful way you will probably have a negative experience. Garbage in garbage out. Treat people the way you expect to be treated. If you don't get the service you expect, walk away.

I mention this b/c it would seem that from reading this thread that the sales person in question was correct. Some aftermarket shifters do rattle and there isn't much a dealer can or will do to correct it so long as it's not a safety or driveability issue.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #40
lobobuzz

Drives: Camaro SS Convert
On my second Gen 5 Camaro SS and no rattles!
lobobuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #41
skirush

Drives: 2013 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
You forgot politicians....

For the record, you are correct. Most car sales people are awful and will say and do anything. Not all salesmen are this way however.

What is most fascinating about preconceived attitudes is you usually get exactly what you expect to get. You will probably always have issues with sales people b/c you probably come into any deal expecting a negative experience. If you treat a good salesman in a disrespectful way you will probably have a negative experience. Garbage in garbage out. Treat people the way you expect to be treated. If you don't get the service you expect, walk away.

I mention this b/c it would seem that from reading this thread that the sales person in question was correct. Some aftermarket shifters do rattle and there isn't much a dealer can or will do to correct it so long as it's not a safety or driveability issue.
Most salespeople will lie to their own mothers to make a sale. You are correct that some are actually decent...but that's a pretty rare find. Most are lying scoundrels. They are not people...they are aliens.

I'm surprised that salesman didn't say..."Rattle, oh it's supposed to rattle. It helps get more horsepower that way". Sounds like he came kind of close to it though.
skirush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #42
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
No rattle from my Hurst
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote