Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #15
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
i don't think it cost that much.. lol
I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

after all, look at an SLP ZL575. they sticker for something like $68K (which is absolutely insane). I can't imagine what the HPE800 stickers for.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #16
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Guessing around 35k upgrade
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #17
LC
ou mai gad

Drives: SW 2SS x2
35k for a built engine and twin turbos isn't that of a crazy tag you know....

12k for a built engine
7 to 10k for ALL turbo parts, YES turbos are that expensive,

and after that
you have to add all the little parts like:

complete new fuel system,
lots of dyno hours,
lots of labor,
PROFIT
etc...

35k? sounds about right to me...
Old 05-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #18
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
35k for a built engine and twin turbos isn't that of a crazy tag you know....

12k for a built engine
7 to 10k for ALL turbo parts, YES turbos are that expensive,

and after that
you have to add all the little parts like:

complete new fuel system,
lots of dyno hours,
lots of labor,
PROFIT
etc...

35k? sounds about right to me...
Don't hold me to this but I THINK MSRP for the basic HPE 800 package runs around $45k on top of the car itself. I brought the car to them and we started out building a 650 plus a bunch of stuff and ended up doing the 800 plus a bunch of stuff which is why I can't really say for sure how much the base package is. Heh! I do know they've done a LOT of labor on my car since most of the development was done on mine. AND all the other stuff I added took some work too.
The fuel system and oil cooling upgrades they put on as part of the kit are pretty expensive pieces too!
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #19
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMerc View Post
Don't hold me to this but I THINK MSRP for the basic HPE 800 package runs around $45k on top of the car itself. I brought the car to them and we started out building a 650 plus a bunch of stuff and ended up doing the 800 plus a bunch of stuff which is why I can't really say for sure how much the base package is. Heh! I do know they've done a LOT of labor on my car since most of the development was done on mine. AND all the other stuff I added took some work too.
The fuel system and oil cooling upgrades they put on as part of the kit are pretty expensive pieces too!
Man congrats with your beast, but PLEASE be careful with all that power. Just over the weekend the two owners of House of Boost were in an accident were one is killed on scene and the other one with major injury in coma.

Turbos are very dangerous sometime, I've had them and still do and can fool you with the lag and then the boost can come on when the car is turning or is not positioned for a sudden massive power coming down. Please respect the power and refrain from responding to people who push you to show off.

From a [car] brother to another!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #20
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Does anyone else see the rear wheels flex right after it hits maximum velocity, and begins to decelerate? Those are HRE wheels right?

This is an insane clip!!! Well done.

Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #21
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post
Does anyone else see the rear wheels flex right after it hits maximum velocity, and begins to decelerate? That is an insane clip!!! Well done.
Actually, more interestingly, is when he let's go of the gas at end and you can see the rear wheel changes shape for a split second. That's from the excessive speed and the weight on the car. You can actually see the wheel itself changes shape...

click on .44 seconds and let it run for one second and repeat, and you can see the flex. Wow!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #22
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post
Does anyone else see the rear wheels flex right after it hits maximum velocity, and begins to decelerate? Those are HRE wheels right?

This is an insane clip!!! Well done.

I actually think what we're seeing is the TIRE changing shape like you see on high power drag cars more than anything else. The tire gets taller which pulls the sidewall away from the wheel which kinda makes it look like the wheel is changing shape too. I suppose the wheel MIGHT be changing shape a little but I actually think its an optical illusion caused by the tire which is most definitely distending from the centrifugal force.

YES, they're one piece forged HRE P43 Monoblok's.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:35 AM   #23
dracer98
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Hugger Orange
Is this car auto trans or stick? it sounds like they are locking he converter on and off in every gear. I would also love to see the under shot of this car - Hennessey love to show his stuff off but here he shows no turbo pics
dracer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #24
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracer98 View Post
Is this car auto trans or stick? it sounds like they are locking he converter on and off in every gear. I would also love to see the under shot of this car - Hennessey love to show his stuff off but here he shows no turbo pics
Its a manual. There should be mag articles coming soon and those will have full undercarriage pics up on a lift along with tech details from Hennessey. I'll also get lots of my own shots of it up on a lift too and once the mags have their swing I'll post more shots here.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #25
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
I NEED this in my life......

time to try that "fake my own death" plan I've been working on...
Old 05-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #26
376TT

Drives: 2010 Nickey/Chicago FLP Twin Turbo
What time frame did all of this take? And how did people manage to live with you during this period?

To me if it takes longer than a month I would be getting very impatient! Just can't wait! Varooooom!!!!
376TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #27
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 376TT View Post
What time frame did all of this take? And how did people manage to live with you during this period?

To me if it takes longer than a month I would be getting very impatient! Just can't wait! Varooooom!!!!
Since we started out doing a 650 which is supercharged, then upgraded to a twin turbo along the way, it took awhile... And it takes awhile to develop a set up like this so it most definitely took more than a month! LOL!

NOW it wouldn't take that long since its a 'known' set up.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #28
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Looking good Larry... Can I see under the hood....

Great having you in the HT Camaro Club... Someday I need a ride in that beast...