Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Old 01-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Wekfest is 97% imports with a ton of ricers. Also, the line to get in is usually 3 hours. No thank you. Have fun though josh
Old 01-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #16
Riddikulus5Gen

Drives: 2010 ABM RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
They do have a lot of imports there; but there were GTRs there, corvettes, old school muscle cars, a lambo was there last year, so there are plenty of other cars to look at as well!
Ha, what are GTR's JOSH!?! AND LAMBOS?! ..... IMPORTS! lmao... like how you had to point them out like their not, haha, you will learn I tell you!

Quote:
I registered on 12/28 and heard back on monday
Haha, and that's a bunch of bs! you barely registered last week, (January), and heard back this monday, so it took them maybe a week? *noooogies!*

Pretty cool nod to Josh tho, considering just in the first 2 and a half weeks open to registration, they had over 800 submissions, and only select ~300 cars to post up in the show, and the 'BEEST' made it in! *tips hat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Wekfest is 97% imports with a ton of ricers. Also, the line to get in is usually 3 hours. No thank you. Have fun though josh
and Rice is somehow frowned upon? to each their own, it's cool they actually will show a car that isn't 'rice', such as Josh's; or the badass Shelby and Chevelles that were their last year. They are open to it, but considering the company is locally based and started by people who support mostly import cars, the demand to show these cars is much greater than that of the demand to see more american muscle or otherwise. Most of the people who come out are happy to check out a good car, no matter the make. They can respect good taste and cool mods.

Should be a fun show! Yes, the line last year was insane, that's why it's kind of nice to be one of the cars in the show too, the driver gets to bypass the line.

Hope some of you guys who are interested do come check it out, they get some nice cars in this show, Fort Mason was a REALLY nice venue to showcase the cars last year, can't wait!

Built: October 2010 / ABM Chevy Camaro RS 2LT
Grey/Ebony Leather Interior / 6-Speed Manual Trans.
Gauge Cluster / Silver Rally Stripes (May remove?)
20" Polished Aluminum Rims.
K&N Cold-Air Intake / Corsa Exhaust.
Riddikulus5Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #17
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
I don't mind showing my car next to imports. There are a lot of nice ones out there that are done up nice and have the power to supports the looks.

The show you went to in San Mateo had a lot of imports and ricers, but it didn't stop you from showing your car either. The Lexus show a group of us went to at the dealership was 90% imports and ricers, but we still all had a good time and our cars got plenty of attention. No one at the Lexus event was talking crap about our cars and quite a few were interested in the different work we have done on our cars.

They cut the line down so average wait is expected to be 30-45 mins.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:12 AM   #18
Ronin_2SS
Loving My LS3

Drives: 2010 Summit white 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_2SS
I like rice...almost everyday:slice:
Old 01-12-2012, 02:36 AM   #19
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
I don't mind showing my car next to imports. There are a lot of nice ones out there that are done up nice and have the power to supports the looks.

The show you went to in San Mateo had a lot of imports and ricers, but it didn't stop you from showing your car either. The Lexus show a group of us went to at the dealership was 90% imports and ricers, but we still all had a good time and our cars got plenty of attention. No one at the Lexus event was talking crap about our cars and quite a few were interested in the different work we have done on our cars.

They cut the line down so average wait is expected to be 30-45 mins.
EAF was because someone wanted to show my car with a shop car of theirs. I had no intention of going, and after the scraper and ricer crowd that was there, I won't be going again... There were some REALLY nice tuner cars but maybe 1:25 ratio.

The Lexus dealership show in fremont was because we had a large concentration of camaros as well as no line to get in. We went to support Brent and his manager who both like american cars. The camaro crowd mainly kept to ourselves and chatted in the tunnel because of the heat. I overheard quite a few scoffs and insults thrown around the lexus exhaust thing after someone revved their engine.

I was going to go to wekfest last year. I got there and then saw the line as well as the atmosphere and decided to forgo it. I don't feel like even trying to go this year is all. I'm glad they fixed the line issue though. I hope you have a blast.

And btw, ricers are not tuners. My definition of ricer are the people that put body kits om the civics and leave it prered then go try to race a corvette actually thinking their car will win.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #20
Riddikulus5Gen

Drives: 2010 ABM RS 2LT
Quote:
EAF was because someone wanted to show my car with a shop car of theirs. I had no intention of going, and after the scraper and ricer crowd that was there, I won't be going again... There were some REALLY nice tuner cars but maybe 1:25 ratio.

The Lexus dealership show in fremont was because we had a large concentration of camaros as well as no line to get in. We went to support Brent and his manager who both like american cars. The camaro crowd mainly kept to ourselves and chatted in the tunnel because of the heat. I overheard quite a few scoffs and insults thrown around the lexus exhaust thing after someone revved their engine.

I was going to go to wekfest last year. I got there and then saw the line as well as the atmosphere and decided to forgo it. I don't feel like even trying to go this year is all. I'm glad they fixed the line issue though. I hope you have a blast.

And btw, ricers are not tuners. My definition of ricer are the people that put body kits om the civics and leave it prered then go try to race a corvette actually thinking their car will win.

All good J, just sayin, it's not a bad event, they get great turn outs, and it's a good opportunity to get the car seen. That 'ricer' mentality doesn't seem to be a problem at the show, so we'll definitely just have to see how this year goes. It's been a monster year for Wek so this should be even bigger than last year.

I justy think the price for the general public to get in should be a little less, I think last year it was 20$/head.

Built: October 2010 / ABM Chevy Camaro RS 2LT
Grey/Ebony Leather Interior / 6-Speed Manual Trans.
Gauge Cluster / Silver Rally Stripes (May remove?)
20" Polished Aluminum Rims.
K&N Cold-Air Intake / Corsa Exhaust.
Riddikulus5Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #21
SS Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
Went to Wekfest 2 years ago with my team when it was still in an underground parking garage in J Town. Fun event, crazy crowded! That's what competition shows are all about though! That's what I live for had a few friends go last year and heard it was just as crazy! Hope you guys have fun, represent domestics for the rest of us! Btw one of the pics in my sig is from Wekfest a couple years ago.

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #22
Neriahs_Friend

Drives: Corvette Z06
I'll be there as a an on looker. Went 2 years ago when it was underground in JTown not a bad show.

Neriah should enter his flat black civic commuter haha
Old 01-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #23
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
too bad. too far from austin. -___-"

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #24
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neriahs_Friend View Post
I'll be there as a an on looker. Went 2 years ago when it was underground in JTown not a bad show.

Neriah should enter his flat black civic commuter haha
cool, you got any friends that are showing their cars? you bringing the lotus? didnt get a chance to check it out last time

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 01-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #25
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Have fun Josh!!
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #26
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

So I heard through the grapevine that a photographer may want my car at this show. I may be going afterall. Who knows.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #27
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
So I heard through the grapevine that a photographer may want my car at this show. I may be going afterall. Who knows.
Quote:
I got there and then saw the line as well as the atmosphere and decided to forgo it. I don't feel like even trying to go this year is all.
if the photographer wanted your car at the show why wouldnt he just contact you? I'm surprised your going after saying you didn't like the atmosphere and didnt even feel like going this* year. but guess that means we'll have 1 more non-import car there.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #28
Neriahs_Friend

Drives: Corvette Z06
Quote:
cool, you got any friends that are showing their cars? you bringing the lotus? didnt get a chance to check it out last time
Yeah I'll prolly bring the Lotus, just praying it won't get keyed
as for other friends showing, prolly not :(