Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #43
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
I must say stoutfiles, it appears someone has peed in your cornflakes this morning.
I actually don't care when I get my car, but I feel for those that want their car now and were "duped" into preordering because when you ordered has zero effect on when your car comes.

I find it insulting that someone who has their car is telling people to stop whining. It's like telling a kid he can't have a candy bar as you're eating the candy bar in his face. He didn't have to wait long at all compared to what some people will have to wait. Good for him but the people who are waiting can whine as much as they wan't, because the preorder and allocation process is just awful.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #44
Hyperknight
Band.

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
I actually don't care when I get my car, but I feel for those that want their car now and were "duped" into preordering because when you ordered has zero effect on when your car comes.

I find it insulting that someone who has their car is telling people to stop whining. It's like telling a kid he can't have a candy bar as you're eating the candy bar in his face. He didn't have to wait long at all compared to what some people will have to wait. Good for him but the people who are waiting can whine as much as they wan't, because the preorder and allocation process is just awful.
Agreed. Everyone seems to jumping on the "Let's have patience! Whee!" bandwagon and it's just as annoying as us "whiners". If people want to be pissed, then let them as they have every right to.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #45
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
You know, all I can say is a brief statement here:

"Sorry you feel that way."

It's your perogative to feel how ever you wish. I do feel somewhat taken aback that you find this all so "insulting!"

Geez, there are kids dying in the streets, there are people out of jobs, there are wars going on, and many other issues in this world for which one could be insulted. On the other hand, there is a heck of a lot for which to be thankful.

There are some very critical things about which to be insulted, I just don't think my comments rank as one of them.

I get insulted by Gangs, who senselessly kill innocent people because they just happen to be on their "turf.' I get insulted by loss of jobs for hard working people.

But, to each his/her own.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #46
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvb549 View Post
VIN 1049, built last day of the first week of production. Ordered first hour of the first day of Pre order cycle from behind a computer in Iraq. Only paper trail is the e-mail messages. No clue what status is, no clue where it is, no means to find out, still in Iraq. No way to contact my dealer, and they do not contact me very often. Last word was maybe between 16 and 22 May. Fair enough, I wait. I am patient.

So now I say, chill out, be cool, be patient, and most of all....

KEEP THE FAITH!

The OP was dead on and if you research my posts you will find this has been my message throughout, on this and the other forums. Even if mine showed up tomorrow, I would not be able to take delivery, I am still sitting in Iraq. How is that for patience? Based on the ideology of the quoted post, I think I am well founded to support the OP comments and reinforce them and say that "Patience is its own reward!"

I can't wait to take delivery of that car. And when I do it will be a truly great experience. No bad memories, because I did not allow anything to give me any!

Take care, have fun and enjoy your new ride when you get it. Be patient, it will come and it will be worth it. Oh, and did I mention....

KEEP THE FAITH!

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts on the subject.

And thank you for all that you and all our soldiers do.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #47
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
You know, all I can say is a brief statement here:

"Sorry you feel that way."

It's your perogative to feel how ever you wish. I do feel somewhat taken aback that you find this all so "insulting!"

Geez, there are kids dying in the streets, there are people out of jobs, there are wars going on, and many other issues in this world for which one could be insulted. On the other hand, there is a heck of a lot for which to be thankful.

There are some very critical things about which to be insulted, I just don't think my comments rank as one of them.

I get insulted by Gangs, who senselessly kill innocent people because they just happen to be on their "turf.' I get insulted by loss of jobs for hard working people.

But, to each his/her own.

And Congratulations Greenrail. Enjoy your weekend. Can;t wait to see the photos.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #48
Cam10RS

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Congrats

I also could only find one dealer that would sell a MSRP, all other said also they would keep my deposit if for any reason i backed out.
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast-- 09/14/09
3800, Order produced. VIN# 9/22/09
4000, Available to ship
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped
4300, Intermediate Delivery
4B00, Bayed
5000, Delivered to the dealer. 9/27/09
6000, Delivered to the customer. 9/29/09
Cam10RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #49
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

CAM10RS. I hear ya. I called seven Dealers in our area before I settled on the one from whom I bought my car.

Also - I added some pics of the car as it looked this evening awaiting, prep and stripes.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #50
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
That was a great post! Thats also the same car I ordered which made it even better!
Old 05-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #51
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
This is a good thread

I see both sides of this issue and I've been guilty of slipping into the impatient mode myself. I do feel that the pre-order process has been screwed up.

All that said, my reality check came when greenrail pointed out there are other more important issues in the world than obsessing about this car.

My money's been down since last July, car is built and has been in QC for three weeks now. Frustrating? You bet but I can still step back and count my blessings that I'm able to afford this car in the first place, still have a job to be able to pay for it when it does arrive and I have the health to be able to drive it!

Maybe more than patience what should be focused on here is PERSPECTIVE.

Thanks, greenrail, for reminding me to keep my priorities in perspective. I'm trading my funk for some rays of sunshine. (aka, instead of crying in my beer I'm gonna drink the whole six pack!! )
#5336, 6M, Racing Bone Stock; lookn' to spoil.
can't cut a light...can't run the number...can't even quit.
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #52
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Greenrail, you're mighty good at making a point! And pretty sharp for one of us old farts.

Quote:
Explain to me why someone who already has their car is telling others to be patient? Wouldn't this speech have more value coming from someone who doesn't have their car yet?
People's current leases are running out, people who ordered in March are getting their cars faster than people who preordered...don't try to tell people to be patient just because you're finished with the whole process.
I see you haven't changed a bit Stout. I'm not sayin' that's a bad thing. The problem is that nowadays too many people think they're a victim of one sort of unfair treatment or another. Too many think they're "special".

Quote:
Only the ignorant were duped, and that was solely their own fault. The informantion was out there to those who searched. Such as GM stating from the beginning that NO CARS were guaranteed of being delivered, EVER!
"Has zero effect on when your car comes?" Contraire, Mr. Stout, not to the hour or even day, but to nearly the exact month each of us would have predicted at the outset. Not bad in my estimation!
Old 05-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #53
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSONLY View Post
I see both sides of this issue and I've been guilty of slipping into the impatient mode myself. I do feel that the pre-order process has been screwed up.

All that said, my reality check came when greenrail pointed out there are other more important issues in the world than obsessing about this car.

My money's been down since last July, car is built and has been in QC for three weeks now. Frustrating? You bet but I can still step back and count my blessings that I'm able to afford this car in the first place, still have a job to be able to pay for it when it does arrive and I have the health to be able to drive it!

Maybe more than patience what should be focused on here is PERSPECTIVE.

Thanks, greenrail, for reminding me to keep my priorities in perspective. I'm trading my funk for some rays of sunshine. (aka, instead of crying in my beer I'm gonna drink the whole six pack!! )

Heck, I'd be happy to buy the first round!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #54
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezacant View Post
That was a great post! Thats also the same car I ordered which made it even better!
Good for you. No offense to GM, but even at my advanced age, I just couldn't see myself in a Buick. (Not that there is anything wrong with a Buick, I just can't even go there!
Old 05-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #55
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Good for you. No offense to GM, but even at my advanced age, I just couldn't see myself in a Buick. (Not that there is anything wrong with a Buick, I just can't even go there!
I always felt as if the Camaro was one of those cars that didn't have an age group associated with it. I think muscle cars in general are that way. Buicks to me screams "I'm too old to have fun." Camaros for a young guy like me (25) says, "I respect American Muscle Tradition" and for an older guy it says, "Still feeling young, still having fun!."

My manager, who really convinced me to go Camaro (he didn't have to try hard trust me) was waiting to get himself a Vert Camaro in 2011. Yesterday a woman at work (in her mid 40s) told him he's too old for a Camaro. Now he doesn't want one. I said that was . But don't worry, I'll make him go Camaro once again.

Once again: Great thread.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:44 PM   #56
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Boy, that's sad. SHe was probably jealous.

My Lovely Bride and I are tickled to death with what we saw last night.

She's sure pretty!