Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #15
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Any ideas why the passenger front is so much heavier (23 lbs) than the drivers front?
I'm guessing larger airbag, ABS controls, ECU, wiring etc
Old 07-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #16
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Any ideas why the passenger front is so much heavier (23 lbs) than the drivers front?
A 2% variance is no big deal. You measure another car and it might go the other way.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #17
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
I'm guessing larger airbag, ABS controls, ECU, wiring etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
A 2% variance is no big deal. You measure another car and it might go the other way.
Thanks. Just wondering what the 23 lbs would be. Usually the drivers front is heavier in most cars. Isn't washer bottle drivers right?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #18
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Damn that is 44 pounds lighter than my 3867 invoiced weight on this 2SS and you have 3/4 of a tank of fuel!!
What do you mean by invoiced weight? I'm not familiar with the term but if it is the same as the curb weight then it is calculated with a full tank of gas. Which would be about 35lbs so you'd be just 10lbs off, not 44lbs.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #19
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
What do you mean by invoiced weight? I'm not familiar with the term but if it is the same as the curb weight then it is calculated with a full tank of gas. Which would be about 35lbs so you'd be just 10lbs off, not 44lbs.

On my invoice there was a weight for shipping purposes...

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #20
KlugSS

Mine weighed in at 3740 with half a tank roughly 10 gallons.
1SS with GM Track Axle Back

I never was able to get pictures but hopefully soon I will throw it on the scales again with less fuel and get my 36xx pound weight.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:49 AM   #21
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlugSS View Post
Mine weighed in at 3740 with half a tank roughly 10 gallons.
1SS with GM Track Axle Back

I never was able to get pictures but hopefully soon I will throw it on the scales again with less fuel and get my 36xx pound weight.
So lets say my 3/4 tank had 4 more gallons at about 6lbs per. Tht would put me just under 3800. I can't beleive the NPP weighs 60lbs more than the GM track back.

Did you weigh the car with the stock exhaust on it? Any options on the car at all? What kind of scales were used?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #22
Phorecyte

Drives: Black 1SS/RS 1LE
I used to owe a Genesis 3.8 Coupe, which before looking into the camaro 1LE, I thought had to be significantly lighter and thus have a performance advantage. I even had the Track model. weighed in at 36xx i wanna say. But it was stock, 2012, so 306hp. Given the difference in weight and HP, the 1LE shits all over the Gen in straight line and corners. For everyone saying their 1LE weighs too much, my lighter, "more nimble" asian vehicle never pulled a G on the skidpad, ever. It under steered more, the power steering was not very helpful(very heavy steering wheel movement), and even the turning radius cant compare to the 1LE. If anything, going from a Gen coupe to a 1LE, There is wayyy less understeer, engine power and response are no comparison either. Sometimes I feel like Im driving a car lighter than my Gen was. As much as everyone complains about the quality of GM parts, the Gen coupe won so many different accolades and still can't come close to to the 1LE, even ruling out power and just accounting for the handling department.

In particular, the traction control made the car almost annoying to drive around town. Anytime I needed to step on it, the TC literally would cut power momentarily. IMHO, this is a safety concern, bc you never know when you NEED wheel spin or to whip the tail end around. One last bit, for everyone who thinks hyundai parts and vehicles are made with quality, my gen coupe had a laundry list of issues from a brand new car. Oil leak after oil leak yielded these repairs: Replaced both head gaskets, the entire head, the throttle body control system, the steering angle sensor, TC light would stay on(they said it was related to Steering angle sensor), the heater had issues... Total POS. Havent had a single issue with my 1LE, and couldn't be happier. Alot of the weight on a camaro has to do with the frame of the car though, gets 5 stars in all 4 categories, front, back, side, and rollover.
Phorecyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #23
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlugSS View Post
Don't care for it. So I never put it on.
It is certainly up to you, and I am not trying to get in your business, but I was under the impression that front splitter was a big part of the handling of this car. Does that not make it worth putting on? I ask in case you or others have heard different and the splitter is only cosmetic, and does not figure in the handling.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #24
KlugSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
So lets say my 3/4 tank had 4 more gallons at about 6lbs per. Tht would put me just under 3800. I can't beleive the NPP weighs 60lbs more than the GM track back.

Did you weigh the car with the stock exhaust on it? Any options on the car at all? What kind of scales were used?

Thanks,
Matt
I never weighed 100% stock. The car does not have a single option. The scales I used here probably aren't the best but have always been real close but in the next couple weeks I will be putting it on some real nice ones that I know are accurate. I will take a picture and everything to confirm it. Really hoping to get a 36xx.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #25
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I was at Gingerman yesterday and put my 1LE on the scales: 3823Lbs

Details:
  • 1SS/1LE: NPP Exhaust, BA stereo, B/U camera are the only options
  • 3/4 tank of gas
  • All stock: wheels, tires, suspension, battery...ect.
  • All badges have been removed (1-2 lbs??) and floor mats were out...all stock items in the trunk were left in.
-Matt
Interesting, I never new that was there. I will have to check that out.

What did it cost if anything? and who did you talk to to get it on there?
Old 08-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #26
dixonk

Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
Just weighed my 2SS 1LE today. Bone stock from the factory with 1/2 tank of gas was 3860. No sunroof and no RS package. Only Nav.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #27
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Don't take weights very seriously(especially if you use a large truck scale). I weighed my 1LE with 1/4 tank of fuel in VA and it was 3815. After moving to SC I had to weigh it again in SC and it was 3942(again with a 1/4 tank).

That is a difference of 127lbs with an identical car and fuel level.

The scale in VA had a calibration sheet posted but it was almost 3 months old. The SC scaled guy said thier was recalibrated "just a couple weeks ago".
Old 08-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #28
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Mine was on a set of race scales. Truck scales do not work as the are often not calibrate for months or years at a time.