Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Camaro thoughts from a Mustang owner.

Now before you all start any of the "Ford Sucks" stuff, let me go ahead and explain my thoughts on the Camaro. I've always been a die hard Mustang fan; my first car was an 04 Mustang and I bought my current 07 GT on my 17th birthday. However, the day I saw the 2010 Camaro I was simply in awe with its sleek lines and especially it's powertrain. I was so enamored, in fact, that I convinced my dad to go out and preorder an Inferno Orange 2SS 6-speed from our local Chevy dealer. Now I won't go as far as saying the Camaro is better than the Mustang, but I will say it's a welcome challenge to the Mustang's dominance over the muscle car market. I genuinely can't wait until this Spring when my dad's Camaro is delivered; I trust it'll be a great Summer after.
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Your dad will love it
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
Eyeguy2020

Drives: Mustang BUT Camaro soon!
I want the best of both worlds, I own a Mustang GT and I will own a 2SS Orange in the future!!
Eyeguy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
yo
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
First off Welcome to the site! And no I dont hate fords, I also have a 1934 Ford coupe(even though its got a 383/350 combo in it). Not being rude or anything but the mustang is only dominant because of the V6 and the 16 year old girls driving it. Camaros are not known for being a girly, nice, grocery getter car like MOST of the mustangs on the road today. Seems like almost every Mustang GT with an exhaust, cold air induction, and aftermarket tail lights is the fastest thing on the road if you ask ford guys. But congrats on getting your dad to order the new camaro! I think both of you will love it.
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #6
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Welcome to the site and no worries, you don't have to say it. I (we, well some of us) will say it for you.....The Camaro is better than the Mustang.....go ahead you can do it...you will feel much better.

Kidding of course. Mustangs are cool, my sister owns one. I told her she could park in the driveway when she comes over until the Camaro gets here...Then she has to park on the street!!!
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #7
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
First off Welcome to the site! And no I dont hate fords, I also have a 1934 Ford coupe(even though its got a 383/350 combo in it). Not being rude or anything but the mustang is only dominant because of the V6 and the 16 year old girls driving it. Camaros are not known for being a girly, nice, grocery getter car like MOST of the mustangs on the road today. Seems like almost every Mustang GT with an exhaust, cold air induction, and aftermarket tail lights is the fastest thing on the road if you ask ford guys. But congrats on getting your dad to order the new camaro! I think both of you will love it.
Saying that all Mustangs are inherently popular because of 16 year old girls is quite a broad generalization. I'm pretty sure there are equal ratios of Camaro owners that drive cheaper V6s for their own reasons. It basically goes back to Ford's marketing strategy of a Mustang for every buyer. Like I said, though, serious Mustang owners like myself will always welcome anything that GM throws at us, be it more powerful or better performing. But either way, I can't wait to see you guys on the road.
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
ok, now I'm not hating on Fords or anything. I had a real kick stang, but Ford will need to step it up more than a few notches real soon! I know first hand how much time, money, and energy went into building up a '99 Cobra so it could actually produce 400 hp naturally aspirated. It was a SICK amount!

Fix this- break that! Snap a half shaft. UGH!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyndar/...4904/?edited=1

Now comes the Camaro? Off the line I get 400+ and a warranty to boot! IMO, the Stang is history!
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
Saying that all Mustangs are inherently popular because of 16 year old girls is quite a broad generalization. I'm pretty sure there are equal ratios of Camaro owners that drive cheaper V6s for their own reasons.
I am a camaro lover, but agree with stang on this one....

It is VERY clear GMs target is NOT the ethusiast such as the V8 gas burning camaro or mustang owner...its the mothers, highschool/college students, and middle of the road buyers who will benefit from a fuel efficient V6 with a competitive price in the low 20s.

Was it not a projected for sales to be 70-80% in favor of V6? That would mean those 16 year olds my friend....here is your present...daddy loves you
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #10
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Hey, nice to have you on the board. I to love Mustang but I think I am a bigger Camaro Fan. They are both respectable cars and I hope that you guys enjoy your new toys. Take care
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:46 PM   #11
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Welcome to the site. And thanks for a nice post. You could have come on here like some other Stang owners just to cause trouble. So kudos to you. And I agree with you that having Camaros AND Mustangs (and Challengers) on the road together is a good thing.

And BTW, Purcellville, VA?
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #12
TonytheTiger

Drives: 1999 camaro rs
I too am a big camaro fan my current camaro is what i got for my 16th birthday and i was also considering a mustang if case there was no luck with the camaro search, but i prefer to get a camaro becuase i like the looks and is a tick faster than the v6 mustang (1999-2004) and im also a big chevy fan like the rest of my family but other than that i would have easily taken a mustang at a good price, and the mustang has more space.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #13
BigTrap1967

Drives: 1969 396SS yellow w/ black str
Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
Hey, nice to have you on the board. I to love Mustang but I think I am a bigger Camaro Fan. They are both respectable cars and I hope that you guys enjoy your new toys. Take care
I am truly a chevy guy.But i just bought a 2009 shelby that I love.:flag2:
BigTrap1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #14
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Welcome. Most people here are respectable and understand that being a true auto enthusiast means there are things to respect about every car. The Mustang is an automotive legend, and honestly this new Camaro wouldn't have seen daylight were it not for the runaway success of the '05 Mustang. Competition in the market is good for everyone regardless of brand preferences, as it requires automakers to give us more for less.

I'm a huge Mustang fan, but I also love Camaros and even Challengers.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote