Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-21-2015, 09:58 PM   #1
WatchThis

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Got My Car Done!

Picked up my car from the shop yesterday afternoon from getting twins and a catback put on and this thing blows my mind This is my first FI car and first car over 400ish hp at the wheels but this thing puts a big smile on my face every minute I'm behind the wheel. Idk what to say other than this thing is amazing from all aspects Here are a few dyno videos as well as the dyno sheet:

https://youtu.be/MOOrvjKqwc0

https://youtu.be/QVRilAWKzyI

https://youtu.be/5WIw_mzxljQ

These numbers were on a dynojet dyno, a completely bone stock 2010 L99 with just the AGP kit at 9 lbs of boost and a Magnaflow 3" comp series catback. Tuner said that when they first put the kit on and put it on the dyno, the kit was putting out over 17 lbs of boost. Obviously the springs had to be changed lol.

The only thing I'm a little concerned about is the white smoke at the end of each pull. Also had the wife following behind me in her car this morning and punched it and she said the same thing happened. Not sure if it's something to be concerned about but when I asked the tuner, he chalked it up to the oil pump on decel causing the white smoke...

WatchThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
Install an oil catch can, will stop the white smoke
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:00 AM   #3
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Geez that's the base turbos? That's awesome.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:44 AM   #4
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
The base turbos are rated at 800whp, yeah they're badass lol

for the smoking are the catch cans hooked up?
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:50 AM   #5
WatchThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
Install an oil catch can, will stop the white smoke
I'm assuming the catch can is installed, I wanna say I remember seeing it when I popped the hood. I'll check again just to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Geez that's the base turbos? That's awesome.
Yep, that's on the base turbos with all the fuel upgrades AGP offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fif_gen_powa View Post
The base turbos are rated at 800whp, yeah they're badass lol

for the smoking are the catch cans hooked up?
I agree, these base turbos are legit. I'm on boost at 2k rpm and its pulls HARD from 2k up. Spun the tires at like 60mph the first time I punched it on the way home and I definitely didn't expect that.

I'll post up a picture of under the hood probably tomorrow afternoon and you guys can confirm but I'm pretty sure they put the catch can on. Idk why they would leave it off, the shop I went to does a ton of vettes and gen 5 camaros.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:18 AM   #6
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
AGP kit comes with a catchcan and complete PCV setup. Just another thing that makes it a bit better than other kits out there.

Great numbers. You can easily make another 100rwhp if you wanted.

Smoke could be a number of things. Could be a little rich after a pull, could be condensation, could be blow by, etc.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:42 AM   #7
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Fantastic Numbers Buddy!!!
Old 04-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #8
Cool AirZ28

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Convert.
What injectors and fuel pump did you go with? Also are those the 54/57 turbos?
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS-Smoked tail lights and side markers, HID log lights, & LED lighting inside/outside the car, SJM LED Cupholder, SJM full dashboard ABL lighting, ZL1 Rockers, 1LE Splitter, Showstopper LED Mirrors, Showstopper LED Side Markers, & Showstopper Heat Extractor Hood, 20" Niche Concourse ZL1 Styled wheels 20X8.5 & 20X10 with 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 Nitto Invos, Black Gorilla Lug Nuts/Locks, Black Billet Elite Camaro License Plate Holder, and Hydro Dipped Speedo/Shifter/AC-Heat Bezels.
Cool AirZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:30 AM   #9
TheBandit18

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss M6
Awesome!! Get a video of normal driving so we can hear those turbos!
TheBandit18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:00 AM   #10
Unreal

Price out a PD blower setup to make 580rwhp on an auto and be shocked at the cost difference. All you need now is fuel/meth and you can just turn dial and make 650+ if you want.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #11
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Dam thats awsome! It's frustrating reading these TT set ups. I just got supercharged last October and I love the power but these TT's are looking better and better to me.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:44 PM   #12
WatchThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
AGP kit comes with a catchcan and complete PCV setup. Just another thing that makes it a bit better than other kits out there.

Great numbers. You can easily make another 100rwhp if you wanted.

Smoke could be a number of things. Could be a little rich after a pull, could be condensation, could be blow by, etc.
Yeah the PCV setup and catch can was a nice touch and not taking anything away from the other great kits out there for the gen 5 but the AGP kit fit my needs perfectly, every piece was top notch quality and they were always very willing, able, and quick to answer my many questions.

As for the smoke, I thought it might be due to the fact that all the components are brand spanking new so it may take some time to "break in" so to say. Are there solutions to the possible causes you pointed out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Fantastic Numbers Buddy!!!
Thank you, I appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool AirZ28 View Post
What injectors and fuel pump did you go with? Also are those the 54/57 turbos?
Yeah I went with the base 54/57 turbos with the ZL1 pump, MSD BAP, and ID850's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit18 View Post
Awesome!! Get a video of normal driving so we can hear those turbos!
I will for sure. Gotta charge up the gopro and grab a suction cup mount for it so I'll probably post a few either tomorrow or Friday.

Quote:
Price out a PD blower setup to make 580rwhp on an auto and be shocked at the cost difference. All you need now is fuel/meth and you can just turn dial and make 650+ if you want.
I actually wanted to go that route in the beginning so yeah the cost difference is pretty shocking. I also considered doing meth at the same time but I didn't think it was a necessity. I definitely want to stay on pump gas 93 tho. To be perfectly honest, I was hoping the kit would make 650ish and would love it if I could get there easily and reliably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post
Dam thats awsome! It's frustrating reading these TT set ups. I just got supercharged last October and I love the power but these TT's are looking better and better to me.
Trust me, when I started down this FI path, I had my mind set on a blower and there wasnt anything changing my mind. Then I opened up my mind some and I'm definitely glad that I did. I'm not saying TT are for every car, every driver, and every situation, but I tell you what, I am over the moon about how PERFECT my car drives the way I've always wanted it to. I actually took a ride in an 800hp whipple gen 5 at the shop who did the TT install for me before I actually pulled the trigger with AGP... Yeah the car ran like a beast, I mean it was an 800hp car at the touch of the pedal, it's just not exactly what I wanted after taking it for a spin. If you love the supercharger definitely stick with it, they are a lot of fun.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:52 PM   #13
Unreal

650 is cake. Just turn boost up 2-3psi if you have the fuel/octane to do it. You can go back and make that today if you wanted. Just turn it up a little. That being said, for 650+rwhp on auto I would do meth/torco or some sort of octane additive. A few gallons of 100, something.

Then again, if you have good 93/94 octane, probably not. Let it eat. Set boost to 12-14psi, and keep going until you hit 650.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #14
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Yea your not kidding!

My LS3 makes 567@wheels and that took about $14k
Add another $4K for Cam setup with added fuel and its crazy money for 650wheels

If the TT setups were as good when i got supercharged as they are today i would of gone that route!