Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #15
Roll_the_Dice

Drives: 2012 Summit White Camaro 2LT
I haven't had any problems with my top either...as to the wind noise, I look at it as, it's a convertible. This is my 5th Convertible since 1999. Wind noise is expected. Every convertible I have had has had some sort of wind noise....especially with the top down.

I don't have any rattles or weird noises coming from my top or the car at all...I am happy with my Camaro.
2003 Audi A4 Convertible Silver Auto (sold)
1999 Ford F150 (sold)
2008 Porsche 911 Convertible Atlas Gray M6 (sold)
2007 Corvette Lemans Blue M6 (sold)
2004 BMW 645 ci Convertible Black Metallic (sold)
2000 Dodge Dakota sport Navy (sold)
1999 Porsche Boxster Black Metallic M5 (sold)
1999 Ferrari 360 Modena Titanium F1 (sold)
1992 BMW 325i 2 door Alpine white (sold)
1990 Nissan 240SX Burgundy M6 (sold)
1979 Celica Blue M5 (sold)
1974 Mustang II Ghia Green (sold)
Roll_the_Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #16
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Hard to tell on a wet top. But didn't Rogers Chev go through your whole top before you bought it to make sure it was perfect? I want to see a perfect top where the dealer has not touched it. I see two rubs in your picture and that is wet. Would love to see it dried off and in the sun.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
5 tops so far. i found a dealer that actually did all the adjustments and no more wind noise. however does still flood the rear floor pan when it rains, or i wash it. rattles are not normal, but i have had them also. they were caused by an improper install. g.m. just doesn't have clear instructions getting out to the dealers, and some dealers shortcuts (not adjusting the top) lead to other problems. in two years, i've had them all. they dont work with me any more, so i have to leave it at home when there is rain in the forcast, or any chance of rain. i love the camaro, but some of them are problematic. especially once they work on it. down hill all the way then.
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #18
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Had the problem, 2 bows broken and top replaced 3 times. Finally got GM and my dealership to take a late 2012 top and replace the Canvas, the mechanics, and install the larger water management bag. No problems since ! I do feel the road noise is a little loud but honestly I think its me
If you think its wrong push for a total replacement not just a canvas top and a GM rep to be there for the install. They really do know how to fix it correctly.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #19
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
Hard to tell on a wet top. But didn't Rogers Chev go through your whole top before you bought it to make sure it was perfect? I want to see a perfect top where the dealer has not touched it. I see two rubs in your picture and that is wet. Would love to see it dried off and in the sun.
Your reaching if you consider every rub mark a problem... What do you expect after a top has been lowered several hundred times? It is not going to be rub free. The type material it is I can rub my finger across it and leave a mark. As long as its not wearing there is no problem.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #20
95birdible

I agree with you. But I see one above the drivers door in the same place all the other rubs are located. It is circular. Not normal. There is a major problem with plenty of 2011 and 2012's tops. Go look around on lots at the used ones. Heck, I told many people last summer that there holes above the doors were not normal. You know what the dealerships told them? It was normal. The majority of the people are not on this board and have no clue. They are just listening to their dealer and going on their merry way. You were lucky. You had a dealer that actually gave a two shits about not only you the customer, but the car also. Rare in today's day and age.
"Green Flash"
Old 03-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #21
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
I agree with you. But I see one above the drivers door in the same place all the other rubs are located. It is circular. Not normal. There is a major problem with plenty of 2011 and 2012's tops. Go look around on lots at the used ones. Heck, I told many people last summer that there holes above the doors were not normal. You know what the dealerships told them? It was normal. The majority of the people are not on this board and have no clue. They are just listening to their dealer and going on their merry way. You were lucky. You had a dealer that actually gave a two shits about not only you the customer, but the car also. Rare in today's day and age.
I am not sure what you are calling a circular rub mark.
Yes Rodgers is a top notch dealership, if something starts wearing in the next couple years I guess I will have to jump through hoops to get it fixed. But as of now I am not going to over react at every little mark that may show at one time or another on the top. Life is too short to make something like that a focal point.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #22
95birdible

Easy for you to say that. You have not went through what myself and many others have. I got my first 2012 on 8/4/11. By 11/1/11 it was in the shop for 29 days. New top, flood, two window regulators replaced, door paint falling off, seat bottom tore when my wife sat in it. The second but ever in that seat. Brake reservoir cap leaking, top handle broke, rear window trim on both sides replaced. All said and done the car was in the shop or waiting on parts for 110 days. I only had the car on the road from 8/4/11 through 11/1/11. Then it was in storage or sitting at the dealer all winter getting fixed or waiting on parts. Not bad for a 40,000 car. I had less than 3k on it when it was bought back.
"Green Flash"
Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Easy for you to say that. You have not went through what myself and many others have. I got my first 2012 on 8/4/11. By 11/1/11 it was in the shop for 29 days. New top, flood, two window regulators replaced, door paint falling off, seat bottom tore when my wife sat in it. The second but ever in that seat. Brake reservoir cap leaking, top handle broke, rear window trim on both sides replaced. All said and done the car was in the shop or waiting on parts for 110 days. I only had the car on the road from 8/4/11 through 11/1/11. Then it was in storage or sitting at the dealer all winter getting fixed or waiting on parts. Not bad for a 40,000 car. I had less than 3k on it when it was bought back.
How's your 2012 been?
Old 03-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #24
95birdible

So far my second 2012 is doing ok. Watching a rub mark from the flapping on the back well but it hasn't progressed yet. Dealership knows about it. Once it comes out of storage, I will give it the once over again and keep my eyes out.
What some of you don't understand is I was accused of creating my damaged top by the dealership. They told me I was putting the top down wet. I proceeded to nicely tell them that was not the case. The top on my 95 Firebird Vert looked brand new when I sold it in May of 2011. My cars are never driven in rain nor winter. Stored 6 months out of the year.
"Green Flash"
Old 03-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #25
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
So far my second 2012 is doing ok. Watching a rub mark from the flapping on the back well but it hasn't progressed yet. Dealership knows about it. Once it comes out of storage, I will give it the once over again and keep my eyes out.
What some of you don't understand is I was accused of creating my damaged top by the dealership. They told me I was putting the top down wet. I proceeded to nicely tell them that was not the case. The top on my 95 Firebird Vert looked brand new when I sold it in May of 2011. My cars are never driven in rain nor winter. Stored 6 months out of the year.
You seem to take very good care of your cars, I don't understand some dealers why they have to play games with their customers.
I wish you all the luck with your 2012.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #26
95birdible

After being what I went through and many others, I am gunshy on this current car. Keep thinking not if but when. If I like the looks of the new CRT Cuda Vert my Camaro is going by by. I cannot in good faith sit around and worry about a potential flood, 5th bow, window regulators, etc and only having 3 years of warranty. As I said, my car is driven 6 months out of the year and only on nice days. That will be about 10K by the time warranty is up. My Firebird just turned 100K when I sold it. Bought it with 39K on it. So 61K in 14 summers of driving.
"Green Flash"
Old 03-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #27
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
How about posting some pictures of these problem free tops? Would live to see a close-up of the areas above both doors.
those were the 1st problems that the verts had - the "V" marks above each door. Not happening anymore.
The key is to find a dealership that has EXPERIENCE fixing these things...otherwise, you'll be going back more than once...
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #28
enyce0387

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs ls3
Come drive my coupe, no wind noise, no water, less weight, maybe I can make you a believer. I'm not gonna lie occasionally I miss dropping the top, but there's nothing like a real roof.
enyce0387 is offline   Reply With Quote