Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #57
heavyt100

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
Did anybody notice the light blue color on the Camaro - this reminds me of the Jetstream Blue. Is this the new Blue instead of Imperial Blue? If so, I'll get the light blue color - you can't see the pollen on the car as much with a color like Jetstream Vs. Imperial.
It's called Aqua Blue Metallic and both it and Imperial Blue Metallic will be offered.
heavyt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:08 PM   #58
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
id like to do either a red stripe with the hockey stripes on black or the red racing stripes on black.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #59
flaco106

Drives: F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
id like to do either a red stripe with the hockey stripes on black or the red racing stripes on black.

For me its the black with red hockey stripes and hood stripe
flaco106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:47 PM   #60
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
1979 Camaro...the stripes are STILL there, with no problems beyond fading. Different materials, possibly...but I can't say I'm super worried about it. (even though I won't be striping my car)
Old 10-05-2008, 07:23 AM   #61
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
1979 Camaro...the stripes are STILL there, with no problems beyond fading. Different materials, possibly...but I can't say I'm super worried about it. (even though I won't be striping my car)
How often do you wax your 1979 camaro and is it ke[t out of the sun most of the time? Vinyl stripes after so many years get very dry in hot/humid weather like we have in Miami, Florida. Couple that with waxing the car and rubbing around the edges once a week or more and after 5 years or so you will start seeing fading and or cracking if not both. The same goes with soft top convertible tops. They fade after years of being in the sun.. I will not be ordering with vinyl stripes and I will see who can do the best job painting in black or grey ones. WIth a clearcoat on top of the layer of paint, I wonder how that works? Do they have to strip the clearcoat down and sand the area the needs to be painted before applying the paint and then re-applying the clearcoat? Just curious..
Old 10-05-2008, 07:28 AM   #62
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZbandit View Post
Matte Black?
yes....

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #63
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
How often do you wax your 1979 camaro and is it ke[t out of the sun most of the time? Vinyl stripes after so many years get very dry in hot/humid weather like we have in Miami, Florida. Couple that with waxing the car and rubbing around the edges once a week or more and after 5 years or so you will start seeing fading and or cracking if not both. The same goes with soft top convertible tops. They fade after years of being in the sun.. I will not be ordering with vinyl stripes and I will see who can do the best job painting in black or grey ones. WIth a clearcoat on top of the layer of paint, I wonder how that works? Do they have to strip the clearcoat down and sand the area the needs to be painted before applying the paint and then re-applying the clearcoat? Just curious..
They can paint them over the factory clear coat and the clear over them. Of course you could also clear over the vinyl to.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:27 AM   #64
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
So this is probably a stupid question, but just to verify, the rally stripes are the dual stripes that are both on the hood and the back of the car right?
yes

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #65
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
On my current vehicle I have gold rally strips which go from the front of the hood ... over the roof .. and down the truck. They were put on back in 2000 and even though the car has mainly been stored in the garage, I noticed fading beginning about 4 years ago. This year, the 8th year for these vinyl decals, I've started to notice cracking and am now in the process of having them replace with new ones. Problem being is that it is very time consumming to do so and also, the paint underneath no longer matches the rest of the panels due to the fact that it has never been exposed to sun.

My bet for the camaro is to wait until the dealers start getting models for the showroon then have the body shop manager, a friend of mine, quote on what it would be to do the single stripe on the hood and trunk in silver metallic and leave it like that without the hockey stripes on the side. I'm guessing, but I think it sould come in around the $500 - $600 Canadian range. Hey, if this allows me to ge 20 years out of it, ... I think it would be well worth the expense!
Attached Images

RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #66
Yeahyouknwit

Drives: 2003 Mustang Gt Conv.
I have Painted on stripes on my stang and after 6 years there still is no fading what so ever. I am ordering a Black ss and then getting stripes painted on. It is well worth the money!
Yeahyouknwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #67
69er

Drives: 69 Z/28 , 83 Z/28 (L69), 10 2SS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Vinyl stripes after so many years get very dry in hot/humid weather like we have in Miami, Florida.
I would think it would be worse here in the Desert Southwest. My hood scoop decals on my 83 Z didn't last long at all. I eventually had the dealer paint them. I believe they did it for free, so they could have deteriorated within the 1 year warranty period! But this is probably comparing apples to oranges. Who knows what the difference in materials are today. Better, I would suspect.
69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #68
z28camaross

Drives: 02 z28
Send a message via AIM to z28camaross
the camaro is going to be my everyday driver so i will expect nic's and scratches here and there unfortunatly but down the line when i decide to get a truck prob a last gen silverado ss or lightning ill just have the whole car repainted with the stripes same as my dads 68 camaro ss/rs
Old 10-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #69
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Some nice silver rally stripes for myself!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #70
MEENGREENGTP
FLAWLESS PRODUCTIONS LLC.

Drives: Grand Prix GTP Comp G
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVThis View Post
In my opinion, painting them on would be the way to go. More money, but would look 100% better. Trying to wax or polish around the vinyl would be a real pain.
what happens if u get a little wax on them? (i've never had any decals on any of my cars like this so im just wondering)

[Inferno Orange (with inferno interior package) with cyber gray hockey stripes]....and some american racing 22" wheels

HUD isnt all its cracked up to be.. after a while u forget its there.. i have one in the gtp, who cares.. im getting this thing NOW. im done waiting
MEENGREENGTP is offline   Reply With Quote