Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #29
Lineman

Drives: 04 Tahoe and 2010 2SS M6
Noise in my car came back after two blocks.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #30
Alvin@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 IOM RSS
damn that sucks!

I would really like to have this fixed long term!
Alvin@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:30 PM   #31
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
had it done 3 weeks ago. Noise hasn't come back.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #32
T_MECO

Drives: 2013 SS/RS 1LE
My noise has not returned.
T_MECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #33
Alvin@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 IOM RSS
Well I dropped it back off at the dealer. They are real nice and I'm sure they will take care of me. I'm waiting for this to be fixed because I got some parts like a set of headers I want to install. If I wait till after I'm afraid they will blame the noise on the aftermarket parts
Alvin@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #34
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Well I dropped it back off at the dealer. They are real nice and I'm sure they will take care of me. I'm waiting for this to be fixed because I got some parts like a set of headers I want to install. If I wait till after I'm afraid they will blame the noise on the aftermarket parts
There is a TSB for it, means it is a known issue and installing your after-market parts will not make an impact. check their work when you pick up the car. Make sure the 1-way valve is installed and installed on the correct heater hose. Also, check the coolant reservor to make sure the coolant level is correct. They have to drain coolant when they perform the work and you just wanna make sure they put coolant back afterwards. I didn't check mine until the other day and the reservoir was bone dry. There is a minimum (cold) and max (hot) making on the dipstick. You'll see.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #35
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Hey guys, I have the same issue. Dropped the car off at the dealer friday and mentioned I heard there was a TSB on this issue. They drained the coolant, and rebled it. I left with it making just as much noise as it was when I dropped it off.

I'm going to go back monday and mention this again.

I hope this fixes it as the noise is very annoying to me.

Guys who have had this done has it seemed to fix your issue long term? or did the noise come back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineman View Post
Noise in my car came back after two blocks.
Quote:
damn that sucks!

I would really like to have this fixed long term!
ATTENTION ***

Those that are taking their car in to get the rice crispy sound fixed coming from the heater core...the dealer has to install a "one-way" valve in the heater core system in order to resolve the issue. Applying the TSB that addresses the loose spoiler, reprogramming the HVAC to prevent freeze up on long trips, and adjusting the hoses and clamps in the engine bay WILL NOT RESOLVE THE PROBLEM. I just took my SS in for the first oil change and mentioned the girgling, rice crispy sound from the heater core as well as the rear spoiler being loose and the sevice guy said "AH, theres a TSB for all that" I told him that I didn't think that TSB addressed the heater core issue and he said he would note that and see what happens. They applied the TSB last night, and started the car up first thing this morning, revved to about 3000 RPMS and heard rice crispys still. Then contacted GM and GM said it is a known issue and that they needed to install a one-way valve to resolve the issue. MAN IT'S COOL BEING RIGHT!!! (Thanks to this site ) So now the part has been ordered and I'm going to have to drop the car off again tomorrow for that valve to be installed. I tried to tell the guy but hey, this is still a new car to these dealerships so I can't really blame them. In fact, he wants to use my car as the learning tool for the other mechanics since it will be the first repair like this that they have done on a Camaro. Anyway, be sure to insist on the one-way valve repair if they come at you with that other TSB that reprograms the HVAC. That TSB is totally unrelated.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #36
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Yep. HVAC tsb is different from the rattle TSBs.

#09207A: Service Update for Service and Customer vehicles – HVAC Reprogram, Engine Harness Position Inspection, Rear Spoiler Fasteners – (Sept 23, 2009)

#09-01-37-001: Gurgle Type Noise Coming from Instrument Panel (IP)/Heater Core Area (Perform Repair as Outlined) - (Jun 24, 2009)

#09-08-49-007: Instrument Panel Cluster Trim Plate Squeak and Rattle Noise (Install Anti-Squeak Fil Tape and Adhesive-Backed Flocking Material) - (May 4, 2009)

#09-08-48-003: Creaking/Itching Noise from Lower Windshield Area/Upper Instrument Panel Area (Add Foam Tape to Air Inlet Panel, Re-fit Windshield) - (Apr 9, 2009)
Old 11-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #37
Lineman

Ed: Get us a part number.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #38
Edrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Yep. HVAC tsb is different from the rattle TSBs.

#09207A: Service Update for Service and Customer vehicles – HVAC Reprogram, Engine Harness Position Inspection, Rear Spoiler Fasteners – (Sept 23, 2009)

#09-01-37-001: Gurgle Type Noise Coming from Instrument Panel (IP)/Heater Core Area (Perform Repair as Outlined) - (Jun 24, 2009)

#09-08-49-007: Instrument Panel Cluster Trim Plate Squeak and Rattle Noise (Install Anti-Squeak Fil Tape and Adhesive-Backed Flocking Material) - (May 4, 2009)

#09-08-48-003: Creaking/Itching Noise from Lower Windshield Area/Upper Instrument Panel Area (Add Foam Tape to Air Inlet Panel, Re-fit Windshield) - (Apr 9, 2009)
Great post!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #39
Edrock

Quote:
Ed: Get us a part number.
See post #4. That has all the detail.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #40
Lineman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
See post #4. That has all the detail.
In re-reading your post I see that you haven't applied TSB 09-01-37-001 yet. You are about to. Well -looks like about half the time it fixes the problem and half the time it doesn't. Hope it fixes your problem. Let us know.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #41
Camarorss350
camaro blogger

Drives: 2010 Black on Black SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Camarorss350
id rather deal with it than have some goof ball touch my car
Camarorss350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #42
Edrock

Quote:
In re-reading your post I see that you haven't applied TSB 09-01-37-001 yet. You are about to. Well -looks like about half the time it fixes the problem and half the time it doesn't. Hope it fixes your problem. Let us know.
Oh. I was basically saying be sure that they know to do 09-01-37-001 for the gurgle noise and not the other one thinking it was the fix. That's what almost happened to me. They thought the other TSB would address the gurgle issue but I insisted that it didn't but the dealership had to find out for itself. Luckily I let them keep the car overnight so they could test it the next morning and sure enough, the other TSB did not resolve it. So this led me to believe maybe this had happened to you guys. But if they say they performed TSB 09-01-37-001 and it still did not fix it, I guess that is another story all together. Will drive mine a couple of days and let you know if the noise comes back too. Cheers.