Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Put 1000 miles on baby this weekend :)

Alright ,last weekend was my Silver State race.So here are some pics of the event,and the video of the race.But first things first,i really got to let baby stretch her legs this weekend,as im sure most know we are speed limited to 155 mph.On 3 different attempts with in 10 miles,(this was not done with SSCC i would of been DQ) i hit the limiter,and as the DIC shows speed limited to 155 mph the car actually will run at 158 mph according to the round speedometer.

For those who actually want to see the whole 90 miles, i have posted the whole race,unfortunately some of the clarity was lost from my GoPro to u tube.In my video on the computer you can see the speed for the whole race,but not so much with the u tube video. At the start i get right up to 140 mph,and hold 137 to 140 mph for the first 10 min. I need to average 125 mph for the whole race so i spend most of the time at 136 mph.

At 3 min in part #4 i see my race flash before my eyes,and just realized i lost.This is a timed event and i need to cross the finish line at 43.20,impossible to do without a stopwatch.Im not sure what happened but my stopwatch was stuck on 30.14,this happened just before entering the narrows,the most intense part of the course.I went through here last year in my 2011 1LT RS at 120 mph,in my 1LE i was at 139 mph,these cars are something else!!!!!!!!! The grey camaro you see me catch is a friend,and i shouldn't of caught him,but he was slow and i was fast,so i figured i would pull up next to him,and say hi

So at this point i figured since i knew he had a navigator,and GPS i would just try and stay 30 seconds behind him,and to my shock i finished 5th.

Ok, to explain the pics, the 1st is where we gather at the high school for the parade of all the race cars. Now the second pic, im still laughing at,as we all know prostitution is legal in Nevada,While looking for some shade to detail the car real quick for the car show,this is the 1st shade i saw, and pulled over,not knowing where i was,that is a whore house right in front,and the other two are at my 9 o'clock,so i ended up detailing my car in front of whore houses......so funny! 3rd,4th,and 5th are at the car show.6th, 7th,and 8th are at the start line. The last one is i think a cool pic,i took this one on hwy 318.I had cruise control on for the 1st time ever.This is the hwy we race on,and if we get a ticket on it WE DONT GET TO RACE,so i just kept it at 72 mph for the entire 90 miles,and averaged 32.9 mpg,yes that is correct.

In part #5 at 2:42 is the finish line.

I know im forgetting some stuff,but im sure i will remember later.

Attached Images

cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
cornerspeed92

Just remembered one thing,for the entire 90 mile race at those speeds i averaged 13.9 mpg,that is simply amazing.I was in 6th tacking 3 K,but still.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
sweet pics, i'll have to watch vids later at home...man, i wish i could get into a race! :((

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
natmad

Drives: WTB '16 1SS Magride NPP Recaros 6m
Are you now gonna change your name to "straightspeed92"?
natmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
cornerspeed92

Hey now, watch the narrows (part #4) that's posted 60, i saw 139...so no, its still cornerspeed92
Old 05-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Alright ,last weekend was my Silver State race.So here are some pics of the event,and the video of the race.But first things first,i really got to let baby stretch her legs this weekend,as im sure most know we are speed limited to 155 mph.On 3 different attempts with in 10 miles,(this was not done with SSCC i would of been DQ) i hit the limiter,and as the DIC shows speed limited to 155 mph the car actually will run at 158 mph according to the round speedometer.

For those who actually want to see the whole 90 miles, i have posted the whole race,unfortunately some of the clarity was lost from my GoPro to u tube.In my video on the computer you can see the speed for the whole race,but not so much with the u tube video. At the start i get right up to 140 mph,and hold 137 to 140 mph for the first 10 min. I need to average 125 mph for the whole race so i spend most of the time at 136 mph.

At 3 min in part #4 i see my race flash before my eyes,and just realized i lost.This is a timed event and i need to cross the finish line at 43.20,impossible to do without a stopwatch.Im not sure what happened but my stopwatch was stuck on 30.14,this happened just before entering the narrows,the most intense part of the course.I went through here last year in my 2011 1LT RS at 120 mph,in my 1LE i was at 139 mph,these cars are something else!!!!!!!!! The grey camaro you see me catch is a friend,and i shouldn't of caught him,but he was slow and i was fast,so i figured i would pull up next to him,and say hi

So at this point i figured since i knew he had a navigator,and GPS i would just try and stay 30 seconds behind him,and to my shock i finished 5th.

Ok, to explain the pics, the 1st is where we gather at the high school for the parade of all the race cars. Now the second pic, im still laughing at,as we all know prostitution is legal in Nevada,While looking for some shade to detail the car real quick for the car show,this is the 1st shade i saw, and pulled over,not knowing where i was,that is a whore house right in front,and the other two are at my 9 o'clock,so i ended up detailing my car in front of whore houses......so funny! 3rd,4th,and 5th are at the car show.6th, 7th,and 8th are at the start line. The last one is i think a cool pic,i took this one on hwy 318.I had cruise control on for the 1st time ever.This is the hwy we race on,and if we get a ticket on it WE DONT GET TO RACE,so i just kept it at 72 mph for the entire 90 miles,and averaged 32.9 mpg,yes that is correct.

In part #5 at 2:42 is the finish line.

I know im forgetting some stuff,but im sure i will remember later.

Wow! It's indeed cool to be you! Thanks a bunch for sharing! I love it!

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Must of been a lot a fun hitting that rev limiter...
What's your review on the steering feel at high speed?
Especially the on-center feel?

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
Yeah, those curves at that speed in an off the showroom floor is cool. Thanks for sharing
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
Smooth and tight,you really cant feel that your going that fast,and like i say it will hold a solid 158 mph.Thats why i did it 3 times so i would have correct info to share.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #10
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Ahhh Nevada...such a wonderfull country! They should rename their state moto: Land of endless speed.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #11
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
Thought of a better synopses...planted and secure!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:51 AM   #12
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Wow, Mark! What an event. Look at all those cars at the end. Seems like quite an exotic affair. Was your catch can full of liquid at the end?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #13
Exigent

Drives: 2003 Porsche 996tt
Very cool, this is one of the events on my bucket list. Nice to see a stock car perform like that and even better to see someone using it that way.

Was this your first Silverstate?
Exigent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #14
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
If I read the results correctly, you ranked highest in your 125MPH class, and you were the fastest Camaro of the day including the yellow "one"
To be fair, that one placed better in their 110MPH class.

What's up with your high trap speed? Or is your car a time machine too?
Cant hardly wait for some downtime to watch the videos.

Very impressive outing (driver and car) !!!

p.s. We gotta get you a 1LE merit badge (patch)
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote