Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #267
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
I'd go MTs all the way the hook GREAT. Ah so your switching out the whole set? I thought maybe you'd just run the two rears at the track for now. Damn man good luck with all the surgerys and congrats on the son! Almost had my hands on a 2011 ZR1. Just wasn't the right color.
Save 50k and but a C7.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #268
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Save 50k and but a C7.
He only wanted 63k for it. I think it had like 8,000 miles on it. I'm not sold on the C7 looks wise. I might wait it out for a Z/28 or maybe a Z06 C7
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #269
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
He only wanted 63k for it. I think it had like 8,000 miles on it. I'm not sold on the C7 looks wise. I might wait it out for a Z/28 or maybe a Z06 C7
Well for 63k I would get the ZR1!!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #270
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
I'd go MTs all the way the hook GREAT. Ah so your switching out the whole set? I thought maybe you'd just run the two rears at the track for now. Damn man good luck with all the surgerys and congrats on the son! Almost had my hands on a 2011 ZR1. Just wasn't the right color.
The whole set. I just bought the 2 because $400 for brand new wheels, it was a really good deal. The only reason he didn't want them is because they're 10.5" and they stick out 1/2" past the quarter panel, so he decided to sell them.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #271
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
The whole set. I just bought the 2 because $400 for brand new wheels, it was a really good deal. The only reason he didn't want them is because they're 10.5" and they stick out 1/2" past the quarter panel, so he decided to sell them.
If you want to play at the track a few times a year I would just get some 18's with MT's and be done. It's not the best but its cheap and lets face it, the stick cars aren't going to produce great times regardless.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #272
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Well for 63k I would get the ZR1!!
My thoughts exactly it was White though and I just can't get over the color lol. If I can find myself a ZR1 in the price bracket again in Black I'll buy it. I mean even the Certified Used ZR1s are going for low 70s with < 10k miles. Save some loot buy that, buy the boltons and you got yourself a monster. Thats my current thinking.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #273
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
My thoughts exactly it was White though and I just can't get over the color lol. If I can find myself a ZR1 in the price bracket again in Black I'll buy it. I mean even the Certified Used ZR1s are going for low 70s with < 10k miles. Save some loot buy that, buy the boltons and you got yourself a monster. Thats my current thinking.
The only thing you'd need to bolt on would be some drag radials.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #274
VanquisherSS

Quote:
The only thing you'd need to bolt on would be some drag radials.
Exactly. And If I read the NHRA rules correctly since its stock I do not need a cage to run sub 11.5. That way I can just bolt up some DRs have fun at the track and drive home. Basically I'm looking for a straight from the factory car thats quick without major modification.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #275
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
If you want to play at the track a few times a year I would just get some 18's with MT's and be done. It's not the best but its cheap and lets face it, the stick cars aren't going to produce great times regardless.
Without a doubt. When my finances become better, it's on my list of things to buy along with a Ysi. If I can pull 10's with a 6spd, it would be a respectable time for most on here. Maybe then I would do a tranny swap, unless they lop my foot off during surgery.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #276
VanquisherSS

Quote:
If you buy a new car it's still going to be without a garage you dope!!

I understand the time for a change feeling. It's an awfully big hit on the wallet though to change things up.
Very true, but I wouldn't care much about buying a used car that I would leave stock really outside versus a car I invested so much money, time, and love into to just sit outside.

My wallet needs time to recover, now that all I have is the wrx I got nothing to spend money on. I guess saving isn't a bad thing after all
Old 08-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #277
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Dude you're crazy for 63K white being the color is the least of your worries. I personally think it is one of the best looking colors on a vette especially with the right wheels. 3300lbs and some change, pulley swap, cam swap, headers and you have yourself a monster. No brainer buy.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic

Last edited by Detoxx03; 08-23-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #278
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx03 View Post
Dude you're crazy for 63K white being the color is the least of your worries. I personally think it is one of the best looking colors on a vette especially with the right wheels. 3300lbs and some change, pulley swap, cam swap, headers and you have yourself a monster. No brained buy.
Where is this zr1 for sale? 63k is a good buy and like detoxx said a few small upgrades and its insane
Old 08-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #279
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by unforgiven View Post
wow. this thread went bad real fast.
As soon as these guys saw the author of it their little hamster wheels starting spinning. Lets face it, we were lucky to get any decent info out. I'm surprised it hasn't been closed..
Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #280
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx03 View Post
Dude you're crazy for 63K white being the color is the least of your worries. I personally think it is one of the best looking colors on a vette especially with the right wheels. 3300lbs and some change, pulley swap, cam swap, headers and you have yourself a monster. No brained buy.
I agree. White is right. The c7 is white. If white was available on the early gen 5's I would have gotten it!!