Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #169
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
I wouldn't touch your car then. That would be the most annoying thing I could think of. At my shop I've had people leave their cars for a week. And they where irreplaceable cars worth more than a brand new ZL1.

That's fine I'm sure there are other guys/shops who do just as good a job and don't have a problem with some owner interaction.

The man with the wallet makes the rules.

As far as the irreplaceable cars... it's all budget related.

Also I've never had a guy complain. I'm helpful knowledgeable and I know how to stay out of the way.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #170
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
Quote:
Average mpg drops alot quicker when idleing than when driving. Some cars spend time at idle when hooked up to the computer for PCM updates and such when its in the shop.
But it wasn't a type of problem that a computer could fix so it wasn't idling in a bay. They drove it and I remember when they asked permission to do so their tone was sort of like "OK, we warned ya."
Crand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #171
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crand View Post
But it wasn't a type of problem that a computer could fix so it wasn't idling in a bay. They drove it and I remember when they asked permission to do so their tone was sort of like "OK, we warned ya."
But they also hook up to a computer and leave them idle to make sure the latest software is in all the modules. At least at the good dealerships we do that. But I don't work for GM. But where I work if something comes in for a service besides an oil change and tire rotation we try to update everything to avoid the customer having any issues in the future.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #172
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
That's fine I'm sure there are other guys/shops who do just as good a job and don't have a problem with some owner interaction.

The man with the wallet makes the rules.

As far as the irreplaceable cars... it's all budget related.

Also I've never had a guy complain. I'm helpful knowledgeable and I know how to stay out of the way.
It was a car worth about $65k. And I'm flat rate. So I want to do my job and not have some guy that thinks he knows what's going on asking questions and wondering what I'm doing. I want to do my job and do it correctly with no distractions and move on to the next one. I'm at work to do a job not hold somebody's hand.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #173
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
It was a car worth about $65k. And I'm flat rate. So I want to do my job and not have some guy that thinks he knows what's going on asking questions and wondering what I'm doing. I want to do my job and do it correctly with no distractions and move on to the next one. I'm at work to do a job not hold somebody's hand.

I understand the making money routine and that's fine. I understand and I would go elsewhere.

You need to remember the typical Chevy dealership is not let's say a Ferrari Dealership. The level of trustworthiness of the tech who works there is different.

I was a Chevrolet tech in the late 80's early 90's I was the roughneck who would beat your car. Now that I'm older and more mature I wouldn't do that to someone else's property.

I don't know your shop but there is no way I would go to any dealer or an independent shop and NOT watch what was going on.

More often than not my car is so modified (by me) that the Tech is glad to have me there.

Anyways the only time my car goes to a shop is for warranty or something that needs a ridiculously expensive machine ie. alignment or automatic transmission work.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #174
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
Quote:
But they also hook up to a computer and leave them idle to make sure the latest software is in all the modules. At least at the good dealerships we do that. But I don't work for GM. But where I work if something comes in for a service besides an oil change and tire rotation we try to update everything to avoid the customer having any issues in the future.
But do you understand how long that car would have had to have idled to reduce the average MPG .5 with 5k miles since the last reset? It just didn't happen, man. It's way easier to reduce it by hitting some freeway on ramps WOT. Plus, there's a bug in the HUD software that they've never acknowledged so I doubt they give a damn about software being current when they don't even fix known problems.
Crand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #175
Inferno1LE

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange 1SS 1LE
I've got a little over 5,000 miles on my 1LE. It grinds when up shifting from 2nd to 3rd around 6,000 RPMs about 1 out of 10 times. I do this a lot because I for the most part only drive the car on road courses (and to and from the track). I asked my dealer about it and they said that's probably what happens when you shift at that high of an RPM, and I should wait until it gets worse or fails to bring it in. It'll probably be easier to have Rockland Standard rebuild my trans than it will be to deal with the GM Service and Warranty game. It's a shame though considering I bought the 1LE so I wouldn't have to spend money modifying it and messing with aftermarket parts.
Inferno1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #176
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
I'm a little lost. In the early pages of this thread a GM rep asked twice for the OP to provide his VIN, the name of the dealership, and some details about the car so he could look into the OP's problem. I didn't see the OP reply ... did OP ever send off that info? Was GM ever able to help?
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #177
Schluney

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I hover over my Tech when they work on my car and there is NO way they go on a test drive without me. I also tip them when the job is done.

If the dealer/tech doesn't like it I'll take my work elsewhere. Many moons ago I was that "young tech" and I know the crap I did...

Wanna know how fast an early 90's ZR-1 goes? I've done it a bunch of times... lol

I don't blame you! Last time I was at a dealer I saw a tech I recognize as a friends little brother jumping in a Camaro SS . He must be 19-20 when I was 19 I definitely wouldn't have been sideways in someone's car but is wouldn't drive there 1LE or ZL1 without going full throttle a few times
Old 01-31-2014, 02:51 AM   #178
Drew2010SS

Drives: '14 black 1SS/RS 1LE
I'm late to the party. just bought my '14 1LE September 2013. i am getting terrible feel in the 1-2 shifts in my camaro. i have about 3k miles and when the transmission is cold it's a a lot worse. When everything warms up the 1-2 is still clunky feeling and does not feel as smooth as a 40k performance car should feel. 2-3 3-4 and so on feel fine. this is my 2nd 5th gen camaro and 3rd camaro since i've been driving. I am not a beginner when it comes to driving the 6 speed manual. Seems like i have to get the rpms JUST RIGHT in order to get a smooth 1-2 shift. i have a feeling the dealer will tell me its normal if it isn't grinding. i searched for rough 1-2 shifts ls3 and what do you know.. bothers me

Last edited by Drew2010SS; 01-31-2014 at 02:53 AM. Reason: added words
Drew2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:56 AM   #179
B-_-RAD
Banned

Drives: ...
You guys should go drive an 11 and up mustang and see if you can still say the camaro shifts poorly. Lol. At 12xx miles with zero issue, except that garbage skip shift which has been deleted now.
B-_-RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:08 AM   #180
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
I have 1200 miles on my 1LE, and dont notice any of the notchiness you are describing. I did however have that issue in my 2009 corvette. It was very noticeable when cold. Sounds like you need some new synchros in the tranny.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:40 PM   #181
ilir14

Drives: Camaro ss 1le
same exect problem here on my 2014 1le. I post a thread here every one said is normal i took it to the dealer and car was there for a week inspecting they called an engineer about this issue and they said is normal its just characteristic of the car it bothers me every time but i hope they call a recall on this
ilir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #182
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Has any one tried changing the fluids?!