Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #393
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
So was this testing done with the first generation AIRAID CAI, the one that I would have probably received back in January 2010?
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:06 AM   #394
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS10BMX View Post
So was this testing done with the first generation AIRAID CAI, the one that I would have probably received back in January 2010?
yes
Old 05-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #395
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Alright, thanks. Hopefully the new tube will be better then, and from the sound of the testing it is. Besides all the "testing" seen from others, some of the complaints I saw and heard from other people, were some of the same problems I saw and felt in my car.

A close friend of mine who has experience in this field best explained it to me this way, and said he has seen this before:

The length of the air sensor on the car, is designed for the OEM tube diameter.

The AIRID tube is a lot larger, therefor allowing more air to be shoved in by the large air filter, which is understandable.

But, the air sensor may still be trying to give the car the same reading as if the factory air box was still on it. With the AIRAID tube there is a lot more air being pushed in, but the sensor does not know how to account for that large of a tube. Even though fuses were pulled and the engine was reset. This also effects the measurement of air/fuel ratio, and isn't allowing it to achieve its full performance. The car may still be mixing the ratio for the stock intake, and not accounting for the AIRAID CAI.

So this is what I seemed to experience, and is what I felt went wrong with my car.

Forget the money, I just wanna see a honest company fix the problem, or help others who seem to be having trouble. AIRAID hopefully seems to be doing so. We must not forget, not everyones car is going to work like the flawless testing in the video.

2LT Camaro : Black billet bow ties, tinted windows, 20" SS polished wheels.
VIN#:4,205

Keepin' it simple, Keepin' it clean.

Name:  25156_1415159980203_1268696901_31181280_4245137_n.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  46.8 KB

Last edited by AUS10BMX; 05-08-2010 at 12:10 PM.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #396
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Alright, thanks. Hopefully the new tube will be better then, and from the sound of the testing it is. Besides all the "testing" seen from others, some of the complaints I saw and heard from other people, were some of the same problems I saw and felt in my car.

A close friend of mine who has experience in this field best explained it to me this way, and said he has seen this before:

The AIRID tube is a lot larger, therefor allowing more air to be shoved in by the large air filter, which is understandable.

But, the air sensor may still be trying to give the car the same reading as if the factory air box was still on it. With the AIRAID tube there is a lot more air being pushed in, but the sensor does not know how to account for that large of a tube. Even though fuses were pulled and the engine was reset. This also effects the measurement of air/fuel ratio, and isn't allowing it to achieve its full performance. The car may still be mixing the ratio for the stock intake, and not accounting for the AIRAID CAI.

So this is what I seemed to experience, and is what I felt went wrong with my car.

Forget the money, I just wanna see a honest company fix the problem, or help others who seem to be having trouble. AIRAID hopefully seems to be doing so. We must not forget, not everyones car is going to work like the flawless testing in the video.

maybe. injen tube is even longer than the airaid, and doesn't seem to affect the sensor..
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #397
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
it is the diameter of the tube not the length. Can write more on this later....
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #398
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
I wouldn't exactly call this a larger diameter....

Old 05-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #399
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Hi Everyone!

I apologize for being out of the loop on this deal but I did want to let the customers who purchased Airaid 250-242 from JDP Motorsports to know you will automatically receive your V2 tube once they begin shipping. We just finished moving into our new facility and unfortunately it ate up more time than expected. The list is being sent to Airaid on Monday and we'll send everyone tracking info once they ship. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions you may have regarding this issue.

We appreciate everyone's support and understand! Airaid is a stand up company and they're working very hard to make this right for everyone. This is a great community and we're proud to support it! Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #400
Agent Atomic Orange

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Thanks Dave! Looking forward to your communicae about the beta tubes.
Ditto!

Airaid CAI (V2 Tube)/ Flowmaster American Thunder/ Barton Shifter Kit/ Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars/ Hotchkis Sport Springs/ AAC Lights/ GM Trim Kit/ Tint/ Pioneer Premier Champion Series Sub/ Pioneer 1500 Watt Amp
Agent Atomic Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #401
bamaproshop

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to bamaproshop Send a message via Yahoo to bamaproshop
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
Hi Everyone!

I apologize for being out of the loop on this deal but I did want to let the customers who purchased Airaid 250-242 from JDP Motorsports to know you will automatically receive your V2 tube once they begin shipping. We just finished moving into our new facility and unfortunately it ate up more time than expected. The list is being sent to Airaid on Monday and we'll send everyone tracking info once they ship. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions you may have regarding this issue.

We appreciate everyone's support and understand! Airaid is a stand up company and they're working very hard to make this right for everyone. This is a great community and we're proud to support it! Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,

Thats great to hear thank you....
Proud Litho Owner #28.
bamaproshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #402
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
I wouldn't exactly call this a larger diameter....

true... then their is the whole laminar flow thing... what ever the reason, the computer is thinking there is less air than there really is...
Old 05-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #403
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:

Mostly correct...

The are a few companies that will sell a CAI with a larger tube. This cause the car's computer to think there is LESS air going in than there really is causing the car to run lean, which usually makes a bit more power, but apparently not in our case.

Also, it's not that the sensor can't account for the extra air, it's actually the car's computer... the computer is doing the calculations and determining the proper amount of fuel to use based on the calculations. And those calculations are based on knowing the size of the intake tube. Change the size of the tube without telling the computer and you throw off the calculations... which results in the wrong amount of fuel...

The other thing that can throw off these calculations is an incorrect MAF sensor reading. The MAF sensor can provide inaccurate readings to the car's computer. This can be due to a variety things... like not having a smooth (laminar) flow across the sensor...

Now I'm not sure what the issue is with the Airaid, i just know that the computer is thinking that there is LESS air going into the engine than there really is, resulting in the car running a bit leaner than with the stock intake.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #404
Landshark

Drives: 1LT/RS
Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Kind regards,
Great job JDP, another fine example of customer service...........
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #405
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
How do I get on this list ?or is it first come first serve.I've had mine sin's oct / nov
have to find my receipt or no?
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #406
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Kind regards,
If we bought the Airaid CAI from another company will we still get one from Airaid automatically? Do we have to let Airaid or the other Vendor know?
Thanks
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote