Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #15
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom SS View Post
no disrespect but what is so special about this maggie heartbeat?
Probably one of the biggest things with the Heartbeat kit are the integrated intercoolers obtained from the same technology used in NASCAR heat exchangers. Heat soak is one of the biggest problems with losing power.

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #16
Team STILLEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman View Post
Not the same...similar.
Rotors are the same. Camaro version has a bigger lid allowing for larger charge air coolers vs the Corvette design.
You are correct!

Thanks

JT
Old 05-28-2014, 09:54 AM   #17
Anaconda

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 6-speed VR
http://www.magnacharger.com/p-113-co...arger-kit.aspx

The most powerful underhood Corvette Supercharger on the market
Magnuson is proud to announce our brand new under the hood HeartBeat supercharger system for the Chevrolet Corvette C6. We ran back-to-back tests with our original TVS 2300 modular supercharger, and the competition's TVS 2300 underhood supercharger. With the provided tune and pulleys, Heartbeat made 25 more horsepower at the wheels than our modular kit, and a whopping 46 more horsepower at the wheels than the competition's underhood system. Tested by two of the most respected engine builders in the industry, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering and Duttweiler Performance, Heartbeat made over 900 HP at a mere 10-11 psi, a credit to it's unsurpassed airflow and inlet design.

Run cooler with the most advanced intercooler system available
Heat soak can be a problem in underhood supercharger systems, robbing more than half the power gain in the summer heat or after a few dragstrip runs. Heartbeat features integrated intercoolers derived from the same technology used in Formula 1 and NASCAR heat exchangers. Unlike other underhood supercharger systems, customers report low IATs and consistent performance all day long.

Bolt on 120+ HP in a day
Magnuson Products supercharger kits are complete with all the components necessary for installation, and Heartbeat fits under the factory hood. Included in the kit is our brand new “HeartBeat” cast aluminum intake manifold, factory ‘push-lock’ connectors are utilized in the fuel system for installation ease, Twin dual-pass charge-air-coolers use Formula-1 racing thermal-control technology, coolant circulation pump, heat exchanger and all necessary hardware to make a complete installation package.

What our customers are saying
"The new under hood Magnuson Heartbeat supercharger is engineering excellence. The placement of the intercoolers and runner design nets maximum efficiency. This unit is far superior to ANY under hood, positive displacement supercharger currently on the market".

- Steve E, Owner of Davenport Motorsports

"This is the most power we've ever made with a TVS2300 supercharger".

- Jason Haines, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #18
Team STILLEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaconda View Post
http://www.magnacharger.com/p-113-co...arger-kit.aspx

The most powerful underhood Corvette Supercharger on the market
Magnuson is proud to announce our brand new under the hood HeartBeat supercharger system for the Chevrolet Corvette C6. We ran back-to-back tests with our original TVS 2300 modular supercharger, and the competition's TVS 2300 underhood supercharger. With the provided tune and pulleys, Heartbeat made 25 more horsepower at the wheels than our modular kit, and a whopping 46 more horsepower at the wheels than the competition's underhood system. Tested by two of the most respected engine builders in the industry, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering and Duttweiler Performance, Heartbeat made over 900 HP at a mere 10-11 psi, a credit to it's unsurpassed airflow and inlet design.

Run cooler with the most advanced intercooler system available
Heat soak can be a problem in underhood supercharger systems, robbing more than half the power gain in the summer heat or after a few dragstrip runs. Heartbeat features integrated intercoolers derived from the same technology used in Formula 1 and NASCAR heat exchangers. Unlike other underhood supercharger systems, customers report low IATs and consistent performance all day long.

Bolt on 120+ HP in a day
Magnuson Products supercharger kits are complete with all the components necessary for installation, and Heartbeat fits under the factory hood. Included in the kit is our brand new “HeartBeat” cast aluminum intake manifold, factory ‘push-lock’ connectors are utilized in the fuel system for installation ease, Twin dual-pass charge-air-coolers use Formula-1 racing thermal-control technology, coolant circulation pump, heat exchanger and all necessary hardware to make a complete installation package.

What our customers are saying
"The new under hood Magnuson Heartbeat supercharger is engineering excellence. The placement of the intercoolers and runner design nets maximum efficiency. This unit is far superior to ANY under hood, positive displacement supercharger currently on the market".

- Steve E, Owner of Davenport Motorsports

"This is the most power we've ever made with a TVS2300 supercharger".

- Jason Haines, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering
There you go!

JT
Old 05-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #19
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STILLEN View Post
Probably one of the biggest things with the Heartbeat kit are the integrated intercoolers obtained from the same technology used in NASCAR heat exchangers. Heat soak is one of the biggest problems with losing power.

JT
Meanwhile, in every build thread by Davenport or magnacharger I have asked to see some logs to substantiate this claim of great IAT temps.

Never got a response, and proof was never put up. Until I see some, I wouldn't even consider a change to this unit.
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:48 AM   #20
ramairetransam
Internet Car Tech

Drives: 99 formula
what is so special about the heat exchangers and intercoolers they use. I know they say they are special but whats the deal on them ? Curious and researching this for a friends maro .
ramairetransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #21
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
Meanwhile, in every build thread by Davenport or magnacharger I have asked to see some logs to substantiate this claim of great IAT temps.

Never got a response, and proof was never put up. Until I see some, I wouldn't even consider a change to this unit.
I would think if your not going to trust the Companies in question at their word why would a log convience you? That could be made up right? Do some checking on some assuie sites and you will see a lot of guys ditching the Eldelbrock for the new HeartBeat to get there IATs down.I will be switching from the old 2300 to the new Heartbeat and will report my findings . Thanks for the post and we look forward to seeing what the Stillen guys do with this new piece!
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #22
realcanuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
I would think if your not going to trust the Companies in question at their word why would a log convience you? That could be made up right? Do some checking on some assuie sites and you will see a lot of guys ditching the Eldelbrock for the new HeartBeat to get there IATs down.I will be switching from the old 2300 to the new Heartbeat and will report my findings . Thanks for the post and we look forward to seeing what the Stillen guys do with this new piece!
Its not a question of trusting the companies. I just don't see why no one will put up some numbers. It could only help sales as far as I can see.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Old 05-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #23
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
Its not a question of trusting the companies. I just don't see why no one will put up some numbers. It could only help sales as far as I can see.
PM me your email addy and I'll send you the logs on my dyno runs. I don't have a clue how to post them here. Low tech redneck that I am
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:49 AM   #24
realcanuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
PM me your email addy and I'll send you the logs on my dyno runs. I don't have a clue how to post them here. Low tech redneck that I am
Thanks for those logs. They are the first real data I see concerning IAT's on the heartbeat.

The temps, at least on the dyno, are very similar to my eforce. Yours are slightly lower but with 3-4 lbs less boost that would be expected. Comparing your logs to mine I would say that they would probably be about the same under the same conditions.

They confirm my thoughts that if I was buying one or the other now, I would consider both and probably make my decision based on preference of the look and/or cost. Already having an eforce, I would not change to the heartbeat looking for lower temps.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #25
Team STILLEN

Good Morning Y'all!!

After speaking with my Rep at Magnuson last night, we are now taking Pre-Orders for the new Magnuson Heartbeat Supercharger kit for the L99/LS3!!

This kit will fit under the stock hood for the 2014 with NO modification!!

The kits will be shipping out next month!

The other great thing about this kit...50 State Legal!!

The sooner you place your order, the higher up you are on their list! They currently have a good amount of pre orders in!

Please PM or Call me with any questions or if you are ready to place your order!

Thanks

JT
Old 09-20-2014, 02:52 PM   #26
NYYFan325

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
What is the price of this kit? What are the gains over running this over say the SLP TVS2300 kit?
Old 09-22-2014, 09:28 AM   #27
Team STILLEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYFan325 View Post
What is the price of this kit? What are the gains over running this over say the SLP TVS2300 kit?
PM Sent!

JT
Old 09-22-2014, 07:44 PM   #28
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Price?
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote