Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
Unhappy Cyber Grey Metallic, 2SS/RS, Manual, R6P available.

It's a sad day for me today. I've waited as long as I can for my car to come in and it looks like it's going to be another 4 ~ 5 weeks before it shows up. It's one of the M6 cars locked down in QC at the factory since 7/25.

I ordered it back in early March so it will have the R6P code. It was built during the 4th week of June and just before being loaded on the train it got caught up in the quality control lockup.

The new delivery timeframe (mid/late August, to early Sept.) makes it financially impractical to follow through with the deal. :( I would use the car VERY little, if at all, after Sept. 12th. Then by late Oct or early Nov. it would just be stored until next Spring. I would be better off ordering a new one this winter to be delivered late March or early April.

But, my loss could be your gain!!

Here are the spec's if anyone is interested:

Cyber Grey Metallic, 2SS/RS, Black interior, Manual Transmission, Front carpeted floor mats and the Early Order Code R6P. Vin# 21,863.

The exact delivery time is still up in the air. All GM has said so far is that the M6 cars stuck in QC will start to be shipped in early August with hopes that they will all be shipped by the end of August.

The car is scheduled to be delivered to a dealer in Southeast Wisconsin.

If you are interested and would like more info such as the dealership name and who to contact at that dealership, please send me a PM and I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

I was going to be buying this car for MSRP. I can not guarantee that the dealer will let it go to someone else for the same amount. (they very well may, I just don't want to speak for the dealer) But if they do decide to ask over MSRP I'm sure that it would only be a couple of hundred, not several thousand like most dealers seem to be doing.

To be fair, I'll give out the information on a first come first serve basis. If your interested, don't delay too long.

And if your do buy it............ please take good care of my baby!

Dan
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
It's a sad day for me today. I've waited as long as I can for my car to come in and it looks like it's going to be another 4 ~ 5 weeks before it shows up. It's one of the M6 cars locked down in QC at the factory since 7/25.

I ordered it back in early March so it will have the R6P code. It was built during the 4th week of June and just before being loaded on the train it got caught up in the quality control lockup.

The new delivery timeframe (mid/late August, to early Sept.) makes it financially impractical to follow through with the deal. :( I would use the car VERY little, if at all, after Sept. 12th. Then by late Oct or early Nov. it would just be stored until next Spring. I would be better off ordering a new one this winter to be delivered late March or early April.

But, my loss could be your gain!!

Here are the spec's if anyone is interested:

Cyber Grey Metallic, 2SS/RS, Black interior, Manual Transmission, Front carpeted floor mats and the Early Order Code R6P. Vin# 21,863.

The exact delivery time is still up in the air. All GM has said so far is that the M6 cars stuck in QC will start to be shipped in early August with hopes that they will all be shipped by the end of August.

The car is scheduled to be delivered to a dealer in Southeast Wisconsin.

If you are interested and would like more info such as the dealership name and who to contact at that dealership, please send me a PM and I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

I was going to be buying this car for MSRP. I can not guarantee that the dealer will let it go to someone else for the same amount. (they very well may, I just don't want to speak for the dealer) But if they do decide to ask over MSRP I'm sure that it would only be a couple of hundred, not several thousand like most dealers seem to be doing.

To be fair, I'll give out the information on a first come first serve basis. If your interested, don't delay too long.

And if your do buy it............ please take good care of my baby!

Dan
Sorry to hear that. My car was 2 behind yours on the line, and I completely understand the frustration, fortunately for me the summer is when you least want to drive a car here in the desert.

You have to do what is right financially, and I applaud you for making a tough decision.

I just hope that someone gets word of this, and realizes that this is a very frustrating situation... especially since all we can do is speculate. We have NO time-frame for when this will be resolved, all we can do is wait, and hope we don;t lose more people due to these unfortunate circumstances.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
Sorry to hear that. My car was 2 behind yours on the line, and I completely understand the frustration, fortunately for me the summer is when you least want to drive a car here in the desert.

You have to do what is right financially, and I applaud you for making a tough decision.

I just hope that someone gets word of this, and realizes that this is a very frustrating situation... especially since all we can do is speculate. We have NO time-frame for when this will be resolved, all we can do is wait, and hope we don;t lose more people due to these unfortunate circumstances.
Thanks Buddy!

Yeah it really does suck. But I could very well be two loan payments into this thing before it even shows up. And then basically just park it until April??? Doesn't make much sense.

On the bright side...... I get to get all excited again next April!!

I hope your car comes in soon. I'll rejoin the Brotherhood in another 7 months or so when I climb behind the wheel of my 2011 2SS/RS.

Rock on Dudes!!!!!
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote