Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #29
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
I was witness to an accident to day in KS. There was a camaro that wrecked very bad. I herd the car coming and the driver lost control of the car. It must have been moving better then 100mph. The car fish tailed at least 3 times and went over the median and slammed into a guard rail. when the cat hit it spun around 6 times before coming to a stop. I found out the driver was an 19 year old college student It was her first sports car, and sadly her last. Also If someone wants pics you can kiss my ass. you never take pics of something like this.
V6 or V8?
lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #30
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Try being an EMT that deals with the aftermath of this kind of driving.
*Sigh.* Working on it.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #31
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Yet another tragic story of a young, inexperienced driver thinking that they are invinsible because they have a sheet of metal surrounding them to protect them from injury. Another reason my 16 yr old daughter did not get the base Camaro as her 1st car that she just begged to have. Too much temptation.

I am all for posting up pictures of the demolished vehicle and/or scene (no victims though). If one young person learns from another's mistake, it has value.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #32
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Sad.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #33
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
Well, if she's dead, the EMT doesn't really have much to deal with.
Very I'll informed statement, How many of these senseless incidents does it take to cost the career of a first responder... I know some that quit after only one or two calls... but the average career life expectancy is between 5 and 7 years of first line emergency responders...I made it 25 years as a Professional Firefighter Paramedic... with substantial counselling and alot of strong peers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Hmmmmmmm............care to reconsider?

Death and its aftermath is a ghostly thing to witness first or second handed....EMT's, Passengers, Police, Eye Witnesses, Coroners, Family, Friends, and at times total strangers at minimum generally participate in the grieving processes to some degree or another...................... Casper.
Well said...and very well informed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr1950 View Post
I have many times working in an ER had to go with the physician to tell a family that their loved one has died as a result of a street race...
I can tell you've been there done that, got a few t-shirts and lots of ghosts in the closet...Thank You for what you do.... Nurses and other ER personnel are heaven sent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
If she died of cancer or was hit by a drunk driver, that would be sad. In this case she caused her own death and risked the lives of others. To her family its sad and tragic. To society as a whole...more of a teaching moment. Pictures are important.

We need to educate young drivers better.

No more young people complaining about insurance rates on this forum, please.
It's sad regardless of how it happens..I agree on the better education point though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
*Sigh.* Working on it.
If this means you are studying to be an EMT/Paramedic, then good luck, and the best advice I can offer along the lines of this thread is leave the personal (mental, emotional) trauma at work... Too many families cease to be because of bringing the mental trauma home.... Seek counseling when it's needed, and you'll know when it is...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #34
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
No you "do" take pictures of something like that!!
No you don't thats not our job, we used to in my neck of the woods if she were still alive on arrival our Chief would. He would take pictures so we could show the ER Doc and Emergency Surgeons the mechanism of injury. That was at the request of the Doctors. We stoped since it appeared to the public who usually have no clew what is going on that we were taking a souvenir. Some were used for training aids or EMS textbooks. Still even if he took them the right thing is not to post it.

Quote:
Let me see.... you have to asses for viability then maybe move on to search for other victims in or around the car. Sometimes you can't tell because how bad the wreck is or because of dense vegetation. Then assist the coroner department or PD/Sheriff in cutting out the body out of the car using hydraulic tools (Jaws of life/cutters) or making the car able to be loaded up in a flat bed with the body still on it. Then after all is said and done hours latter we get called back. being both Paramedics and firefighters we get to use our big fire engine with those big hoses and wash the bloody meses, tissue reisdues , gray matter ect left behind down the gutter. So some of us do have a part in the cleanup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
V6 or V8?
Does it matter? Whats the point? When I owned a 86 accord I hit 120 a few times. Your invinsible when your a teenager and/or early 20s. Thats what they all feal I was probably less stupid than most but we were all there and speak out of experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby View Post
It is important that "young" drivers who could be influenced get a chance to "witness" what could happen to them. I believe this is why around here a few weeks before prom/graduation a badly wrecked car is placed on many school's property. That being said, most young drivers are not very impressed by these types of displays (pictures too) because they do feel invincable. So in my opion you may make a few younger drivers to rethink their driving habits but not too many. Is this enough to warrant taking pictures at a fatal wreck? Maybe.
In florida your required to take a class showing you those type of pictures
before you can drive , people still do stupid things. Now it's this guys job to respect the person either dead or alive stupid or normal. Not to mention his job is on the line if pictures where taken and posted without the proper authorization , the department can get sued along with him/her. SO STOP ASKING and go talk to your kid you can also take him to a firehouse that's near a highway and see what guys there will tell them. Our department allways put on a simulation at the local highschool with wrecked cars and live and dead (moc) victims.

Last edited by fireresq157; 08-08-2010 at 03:20 PM.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #35
superstockcam

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
R.I.P.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #36
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Try being an EMT that deals with the aftermath of this kind of driving.
Or the Police Officer that responds WITH the EMT's. ...and the one that has to go talk to the parents to give the death notice.
Quote:
I know what you meant...but that just came out wrong.
Quote:
If she died of cancer or was hit by a drunk driver, that would be sad. In this case she caused her own death and risked the lives of others. To her family its sad and tragic. To society as a whole...more of a teaching moment. Pictures are important.

I "like" this post.

Well said.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #37
racer515

Drives: Various
For a short time after college in 1991, I worked at a DFW area Ford dealership in F&I, as I had done that during college so I had experience. On Saturdays though I had to help sell. sold a very nice middle aged lady an Explorer. She came back two days later and bought her son a loaded Mustang GT for his 16th birthday. He was a great kid and was ecstatic about it. I read his obituary in the paper a couple of months later. He had wrapped the GT around a tree.

These cars are not to be taken lightly, especially with the HP numbers today. Things go wrong in a hurry at 100+. I feel for the poor girl in this story and her family. Please everyone be careful in these magnificent machines.
racer515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #38
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
The Car was a 2SS RS, modle. Just an FYI. It was her first car as a B-Day gift, from what i was told. IMO a new driver should never have a car like this ever. New drivers need to start off with a little Avo or somthing like that and need several years behind the wheel befour getting into a car like this. I am 32 years old and have driven cars ranging from 250hp-700hp. The best I have ever done was 165mph in germany at the A7 autobaun. I was driving a BMW M3 and had taken several driving cources to learn how to drive at these speeds.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:08 PM   #39
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
One thing some drivers do not know is a little does a lot. Changing lanes at speeds above 100mph is not so easy. Turning the wheel only 1/8 inch does quite a lot to the car. Making corections like turining the wheel 1/2 inch or greater have devistating ends. Plus to slow down, just touch the breaks, I.E. rub them not to apply even 10% force can make a huge diff. Driving fast is a whole lot of fun, but if and only if you have the proper training and know what you can do and what the car can do.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #40
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:

Where did this occur, perhaps we can find more info about this at the local level. Usually the local station would have a story when it involves death of a young one..
Old 08-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #41
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
One thing some drivers do not know is a little does a lot. Changing lanes at speeds above 100mph is not so easy. Turning the wheel only 1/8 inch does quite a lot to the car. Making corections like turining the wheel 1/2 inch or greater have devistating ends. Plus to slow down, just touch the breaks, I.E. rub them not to apply even 10% force can make a huge diff. Driving fast is a whole lot of fun, but if and only if you have the proper training and know what you can do and what the car can do.
at that speed you totally have anticipate anything and everything just so you don't over correct.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #42
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Sad story...

I for one....if I ever sell my baby...it won't be sold to some 16 year old kid...

My dad had an old Fury sport he sold to some kid....it was wrapped around a telephone pole less than a week later...

When and if I have a kid...he won't be getting a sports car for his/her first vehicle.