Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #85
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Rare car , if you are looking for one , get a 1987 YUGO
Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #86
Saint_Shroomie

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-10 View Post
These threads kill me, so much stupidity in one place.
Op, just go get on a vette forum and post some pics of your vette, maybe you can add some green stripes to that so it'll stand out. Lol.

If you bought a Camaro with the intent of having a car that stands out, you succeeded. They do, ask anyone... anywhere. However, if you bought the car thinking the weren't going to sell a ton of them, then you were just being naive. The Camaros primary purpose is to outsell mustangs, perhaps the most popular muscle car in America.

Sorry about your paint problems, that does suck, but could have been remedied with a paint job. Instead, you bought a vette. Whatever floats your boat.

As for the waiving...well I don't know what to say.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #87
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Obviously your reasons for selling your car are valid for you in your situation.

Personally, I could never see selling my car because I do not get waved at......

Also, its so easy to make your car your own, even with other G5 camaros around that that could hardly be an excuse.

You list the price of a ZL1 camaro at $66,000. You do not own a ZL1, you can get a new SS for the mid $30K range or a fully loaded 2SSRS for around $42,000. I know that because thats what I paid for my loaded L99 2SSRS 2010. Since then I have dropped another $40,000 into it and have another $10,000 before its done with my upgrade plan. Yes, thats roughy $92K on a camaro. Thats around $20K less then a ZR1 vette and I will be putting WAY more power to the ground then the ZR1 has at the crank and on top of that a 100% unique car that is MINE.

Don't get me wrong. As soon as I get my Camaro project finished, I am going to be looking at the 2014 Corvette stingray.

Your reasons for selling a car just seem a bit strange to me. I bought a 2010 camaro because, since the first day I saw one, I HAD TO HAVE ONE. Could care less what others have, only care what is under my rear and nothing else.

Have fun with your vette, where I live, I see vettes about 3 to 1 compared to camaros. Also see Mustangs about 10 to 1 to camaros.

Listed price of the ZL1 because THAT IS HOW MUCH THE ZL1 AT BUCKALEW CHEVROLET IN CONROE TEXAS IS RIGHT NOW. TODAY. JULY 9TH TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN. Why, oh why did he have to come in here, and unzip his pants, throwing 92,000 bucks around. I'm the one trying to act like I own a Ferrari? Numbers don't lie. 10,000 production vettes to 40,000 camaros every year since the 5th gen camaro has been out. 92,000 bucks. 700whp isn't that much for that much money. Theres a place here that has a ZR1 for 71,999 with 10k miles on it.

Last edited by SSinisterLS3; 07-09-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #88
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
[/QUOTE=SSinisterLS3;6769089]Not worried about you. Your camaro is a 2013. Your warranty is still in, therefore you are still happy. I'll talk to you again in 2016 and 36,000 miles.

I love how people say "Never had that problem. Never that either, but there are TSBs for the spoiler." ROFL!!!! Never happens. GM just issues those for fun. It's the latest thing.[/QUOTE]

Not worried about me? What the hell does that mean?

And what happens in 3 years and 36,000 miles? You finally get that Smart car that everyone admires?
Old 07-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #89
SSinisterLS3

Not worried about you. Your camaro is a 2013. Your warranty is still in, therefore you are still happy. I'll talk to you again in 2016 and 36,000 miles.

I love how people say "Never had that problem. Never that either, but there are TSBs for the spoiler." ROFL!!!! Never happens. GM just issues those for fun. It's the latest thing.[/QUOTE]

And what happens in 3 years and 36,000 miles? You finally get that Smart car that everyone admires? [/QUOTE]

A guy that works at a dealer told me about the camaro. He said people keep them for 5k miles over three years, and do nothing but talk about how reliable it is. This 98 Camry can go 5k miles in three years too. Is that all of a sudden a great car now too? That's what you are doing. You have a brand new car. Strong support from someone with no experience. You gotta rack up some miles there rookie.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #90
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
After much deliberation, I decided to get rid of my beloved “green mile.” My 2011 2SS/RS LS3 just had to go. I’ve been asked at work why I got rid of it. The reasons are simple, unaddressed, and repetitive. So, as I was asked one hour ago, name 3 reasons you got rid of it. Here goes. I believe everyone should give a car like this respect when it is let go. I will, but feel others need to know why.

The number one reason why I got rid of it is the paint. Every wash. I MEAN EVERY WASH, there was another place flaking/chipping/peeling and scratching. I went to try to switch to a high rise spoiler. COULDN’T! Know why? The ENTIRE underside of my spoiler had peeled off. Yup. Down to the metal. Wow. Someone forked out 40 grand for this when they bought it. I only paid 26 out the door used. If I was the guy who paid 40, I would be tossing stuff around my front porch and constantly on the phone with GM. The paint absolutely ruins this car. It was designed to look good, and without paint, nothing looks good. Moving on.

Number two. Popularity. Down here in Texas, these things are like ants. I put green stripes on my black car just to try to look different. Well, it worked….for a little while. Then I realized that is why there are so many modded ones. This is a car you keep buying things for to TRY to make yourself happy. It works for a little while, then the car is just….boring again. There was a professional review that docked the Camaro because the style is its biggest asset, but biggest enemy. You buy one to stand out. When there are so many that you don’t stand out, you are left with a mediocre performing car that should be doing better for what it is. I didn’t say that, a professional did.

Number three is the people. Every Camaro owner I see on the street DOES NOT WAVE. They do not do anything except hammer it, and start weaving through traffic at 100 plus, hoping you will chase them. Umm, no. Go ahead. I can’t count how many times that has happened, and next time I see them is on the shoulder. Red and blues. Then we get to read about it on here about how the cop was a douche, the driver is innocent, and lots of people chime in about money (like cops work on commission or something). Car shows are the exact same. “Why didn’t you buy a ZL1?” Is all I heard. Hmm, let’s not get into that argument, because we all know how much I hate the ZL1.

It’s not being biased when you own one and are experiencing the same setup, just less. The crowd is just stupid. At a raceway, my brother took his 03 Cobra against one. The guy red lighted just to TRY to get ahead, and STILL lost by 3 cars. That happened a lot that night, and embarrassed me. People red light just to look cool going down the track, which, we experienced racers, are laughing at you on the inside. Just because you take pics of your GTECH telling you you went 12.5 does not mean you went 12.5.
So.

Final thought. The Camaro is overpriced. 66,000 for a ZL1 coupe? A ZL1 couldn't touch this vette, or really, a majority of them which are incentived to less! REALLY? You HAVE to be kidding me GM. I’ve been screwed before, but at least they have a truck called a Ram so I was ready for it. My Dodge caliber had better paint quality than the Camaro. My 2000 Z28 is STILL shining. See it all the time. So they put restrictions on you. Wahhh. Cry me a river. If I gave you billions, I’d put restrictions on how you make paint too.

Onto the real spot light. After looking around at all cars, I wound up with the ONLY car that GM has created that has always worked. You have to go to Britain to find a bad review on it. I went with this Corvette. Just to prove my point, this is a 2007. Looks like it just rolled out the show room. Not even a SCRATCH on this thing. Seriously, I looked for thirty minutes straight. Wasn’t the vette….painted….with the same….paint as the Camaro? When is the last time you saw a vette peeling two years after being made? Umm, never. It’s called ATTENTION to detail. The Camaro is being rushed out because of the high demand, and the consumers are paying the price. It was either this or a viper RT/10 since I found this baby for a steal. My insurance DROPPED 46 bucks A MONTH on this. REALLY? I love it. It looks better, its faster, cleaner, and draws more attention. Not to mention, I have seen multiple corvettes on the road ranging from early 90s to brand new grand sports. ALL…..have waved back. Every one of them. I even went to a corvette meet…on accident…on my patrol bike. I just so happened to drop in for a minute. More of an older crowd, but all very nice, and even offered me gatorades while I was out riding. It’s a great car that Chevrolet got right. The weight difference is crazy from the vette to the Camaro. I feel like my Camaro was crawling in comparison to the corvette. I’m still a GM guy at heart, and this corvette is proof of why. This is an absolutely stunning car, and I am very happy with it. I even have it inside of the garage since the Camaro….slept outside since the paint sucked anyway. The corvette is beautiful. There truly is an *** for every seat, but this one is mine. I was very disappointed with the Camaro and hope the next generation is better. Right now as it sits, I pay the same for this 07 vette (per month, insurance included) than I was for my SS. The vette just turned 30k miles also. My Camaro had 38k. So, officially, I say adios, sayanora, and let the fleur de lis fly proudly.
I Understand No 1 & 3... I drive a Z28 orange inferno as my DD under Sun, storms, Rain, Bugs and even a Mud and the paint is just Like new.....

Good luck W your new monster!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #91
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Congrats on the vette but if one of your top 3 reasons for getting rid of the SS is because people wouldn't wave at you, well then you probably didn't like it that much to begin with.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #92
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Not worried about you. Your camaro is a 2013. Your warranty is still in, therefore you are still happy. I'll talk to you again in 2016 and 36,000 miles.

I love how people say "Never had that problem. Never that either, but there are TSBs for the spoiler." ROFL!!!! Never happens. GM just issues those for fun. It's the latest thing.

And what happens in 3 years and 36,000 miles? You finally get that Smart car that everyone admires? [/QUOTE]

A guy that works at a dealer told me about the camaro. He said people keep them for 5k miles over three years, and do nothing but talk about how reliable it is. This 98 Camry can go 5k miles in three years too. Is that all of a sudden a great car now too? That's what you are doing. You have a brand new car. Strong support from someone with no experience. You gotta rack up some miles there rookie.[/QUOTE]

Lol. I'm done. Good riddance!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #93
SSinisterLS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
I Understand No 1 & 3... I drive a Z28 orange inferno as my DD under Sun, storms, Rain, Bugs and even a Mud and the paint is just Like new.....

Good luck W your new monster!
Thanks. It's nice to have a little support from someone who has actually owned an LS1 year camaro (like me) and can testify to the quality change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSe4 View Post
Lol. I'm done. Good riddance!
Nothing to say? After you get your 10k service, come back. We'll talk over some joe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
Your still here? The guys over on the Corvette forum are dieing to welcome you. They have a meet planned next week where they all drive around a parking lot waiving at each other. Sounds like fun, better hurry over there.
SWEET! Maybe we can line up our cars and hang out the top, and do a GIANT one like they do at baseball games!:happya nim:
Old 07-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #94
Saint_Shroomie

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Thanks. It's nice to have a little support from someone who has actually owned an LS1 year camaro (like me) and can testify to the quality change.

Nothing to say? After you get your 10k service, come back. We'll talk over some joe.
You are ugly when you condescend
Old 07-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #95
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Yes the paint sucks, not the ZL1 coupe doesn't cost $66,000, better try knocking off $10,000 and getting back to us...

And it sounds like you care more about what other people think than whether or not you like your own car, good luck with that.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #96
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Very true!

I didn't expect Ferrari quality. What did me in on the paint was the spoiler. Don't ever.....try to replace it....it will make you cry. I just said, "Never mind, put it back on! PUT IT BACK ON!" Like it was a band aid covering a wound. It does hurt to see a car selling for 40,000 dollars and peeling after two years of sale. That....is ridiculous. I don't see Sonics peeling. I don't see Genesis' peeling. I don't see Civics peeling! In the end you're right, it's all about what YOU want in a car. I wanted that stuff gone.
I will say this as it could be the reason for the bad condition of your camaro paint. The owner before you could have neglected the camaro paint. or washed or wax with the wrong stuff. The camaro could've been just sitting in bad weather without proper care . the owner probably used it for crazy projects. You'll never know what your camaro have been through. So, all of the camaro problems could have been because of the previous owner. As ppl has stated they have not had the paint problems that you have stated. good luck with the Vette and congrats
Old 07-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #97
SSinisterLS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Yes the paint sucks, not the ZL1 coupe doesn't cost $66,000, better try knocking off $10,000 and getting back to us...

And it sounds like you care more about what other people think than whether or not you like your own car, good luck with that.
YOU were right! The MSRP of a new ZL1 is 67,005. So I guess the 66,000 is a good deal. Found one in upper 65 range. Thats the only one around here. So, I'm back with you! LINKS!

http://www.wiesnerhuntsville.com/new...9D9807051.aspx

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...49674352&Log=0

I love my car now. It's got miles, not serviced at a GM dealer for anything other than the oil changes and balance. Guy gave me all the receipts for service in the glove box. So, sounds like YOU are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about. You are a camaro specialty shop? Ehhh, wouldn't buy one from you if you don't even know the MSRP. I personally stood next to the black coupe at Buckalew for 66,000. It has a sticker on it for dealer markup. Yes, they mark them up around here STILL. So, yes, they are out there. The vert at Wiesner isn't that bad a deal since THOSE are in the 70s down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
Your right I've never seen the paint peel off a corvette, then again I've never seen the roof fly off a Camaro either. The Corvette out prices an equally equipped Camaro by 6 to10 grand. Plus buying used, you can't be sure your paint problems are GMs fault. The owner could have had it repainted. Though there have been paint issues. I got my car off the dealer lot in December 2009 and have had no issues. My mother has certain requirements for her daily drivers. They must be sporty, RWD and V8. The last few times they bought cars for her, she was stuck with either a Mustang or a Vette. Being a Chevy family, they went with the Vette. She currently has a 2004 Z06. It's their 3rd Vette in a row. This one and the 2001 she had before it both have had serious electrical issues. Every model has issues. Even Ferrari and Porshe has occasional issues.

It's called column lock on the C5 and 2005 LS2. It's fixed with a 20 dollar part from any vette service shop. Also, the roof is only on hard tops. Doesn't apply to mine. The corvette didn't blow up from battery issues. What's your point? It was not repainted since TSBs exist for paint problems. That tells anyone there is an issue with black.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #98
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Goodbye thread is a doozy. Good luck.

Closed Thread