Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
WONSS

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS M6 SUMMITT WHITE
Smile NEED HELP PLEASE.....

Ok first of all, I am new to the camaro world and new to C5... I have a 2012 1SS/RS manual with 1500 miles... with the following bolt ons....K&N CAI, VMAX PORTED TB, AIRRAID TB SPACER, CAT BACK 3" MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST WITH X PIPE no tune and stock otherwise.

Where I need help is this...lately the car is very sluggish on peformance. I feel as if it lost power somehow... I did the fuse pull after reading the forum and still feels sluggish. When I say sluggish basically the car does nothing until about 5000k RPMS which then you have to shift at 6k. I do live in miami and it is very very humid and sticky here but could it be that?

If anyone here has any KIND clues on what it could be. please help me as as I am new.... I feel like taking everything off and bringing it to the dealer but before I do that, maybe its a part that I put on.... Thanks for any help C5 fam....
WONSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Bunch of questions: Did you do all the mods at once or one by one? If all at once start returning to stock one at a time to see if it helps! The only mod you have that may be a negative is the throttle body spacer. I'd start with that! The humid and hot weather definatly will affect the power. Did you notice the slugishness after it got hot? Try to think of when it started to get sluggish and figure out what you did at that time!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
WONSS

Hey SSMIKE... the mods were actually done one by one..... I will remove the TB spacer as this is the second time hearing this is worthless.... I do notice that as the engine gets hotter it runs slower, yes..... or at least it feels sluggish rather than powerfull.

I had the the TB spacer before the vmax... but will remove it...Its wierd because the car ran pretty good after the vmax was installed thank you for the reply
Old 07-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
NDC123
The Machinist

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 IBM silver rally
Bad or weak MAF?
American Racing Headers w/high-flow cats and x-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-back mufflers, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI intake, ADM race scoop, RX Catch Can, PEDDERS Street Z package-ZL1 sways-XA Coilovers, PFADT trailing arms-toe rods, RPM 3:91 gears, RPM Stage V Trans, ADM diff bushings, tune by ADM, and still bustin' knuckles!
NDC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Are you on 93 or 87 octane?

Are you tuned?
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONSS View Post
Ok first of all, I am new to the camaro world and new to C5... I have a 2012 1SS/RS manual with 1500 miles... with the following bolt ons....K&N CAI, VMAX PORTED TB, AIRRAID TB SPACER, CAT BACK 3" MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST WITH X PIPE no tune and stock otherwise.

Where I need help is this...lately the car is very sluggish on peformance. I feel as if it lost power somehow... I did the fuse pull after reading the forum and still feels sluggish. When I say sluggish basically the car does nothing until about 5000k RPMS which then you have to shift at 6k. I do live in miami and it is very very humid and sticky here but could it be that?

If anyone here has any KIND clues on what it could be. please help me as as I am new.... I feel like taking everything off and bringing it to the dealer but before I do that, maybe its a part that I put on.... Thanks for any help C5 fam....
My thoughts on possibilities:

1) You live in Miami, its the summer..performance is going to GREATLY suffer in the heat. I am in Tampa, and my car is 1000x's more sluggish then January-April.
2) Weak MAF
3) Bad Gas
4) 3" exhaust without the additional incoming air could have caused a loss in back pressure leaving the car sluggish feeling.....

Just my thoughts.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
WONSS

Hey guys thanks for the feedback...I checked my maf and its a K15... I am REPLACING IT ANYWAY... i always run 93 from BP and i did the fuse pul twice overnight waits..... I removed the TB spacer and didnt feel a damn thing so that will used as a cup holder now.... im going to get kooks lt's and a tune soon....
Old 07-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #8
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONSS View Post

It is more than likely the heat. When the IAT's (Inlet Air Temps) climb the PCM starts to pull timing. You'll see 130+ degree IAT's when sitting in traffic or at a stop light when it's warm out. I would also suggest running Chevron fuel if possible. I wouldn't spend the money on a MAF; you already have a strong sensor. The TB spacer isn't recommend to be used with a VMAX as well so removing that was a good decision.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote