Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2008, 03:21 AM   #155
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
STOP!!!!!

What exactly did Cheryl say???

She said, She did NOT say there will be no Z28 model for next years production run. UGH!!!

Guys, like Scott uses words, you have to put your own play on words too. He's not the only one, you know! Have faith. Have faith. Have faith.

There might not be a Z28 this year. BUT....it's not like they could EVER make one again! TRUST ME!!!!!

THE SKY IS NOT FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Now....everyone take a deep breath.
Let's imagine you're right ... how many peoople will buy a GT500 instead of the Z28?

A lot, they have taken so much time to make the camaro to production ... how long are we gonna wait for a supercharged? 1 or 2 years? I'm not that patient, and again, the GT500 looks good.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:28 AM   #156
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
for 70k, you can buy a GT-R...dealer markups are a bitch.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:38 AM   #157
Punk_rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen View Post
People, look at her title: Product Manager. It does not say Vice President. It does not say President. It does not say Chief Executive Officer. Things can CHANGE people! Just because there isn't a plan RIGHT NOW doesn't mean there won't be one LATER.
Yes, sure. And moreover, maybe this statement is meant to mislead ford.

However, I feel like we all have the same concern ... WHEN?

Things can change but WHEN? WHEN? WHEN?

We need to know. You don't make decisions when you don't know what's gonna happen. If the Z28 comes within a year, I'll wait. If it's 2 or 3, maybe I will take a look at other manufacturers ...
Old 07-22-2008, 03:48 AM   #158
Punk_rider

Anyway ...

What strange is that this weird unveiling, these weird declaration seem to have completely killed the event ...

Almost everybody here seems somehow more or less disappointed ...

Some (like me) regarding the supercharged,
Some regarding colors
some regarding production dates
Some regarding the poor yesterday's show ...

I feel like GM has completely missed this unveil ...

We will always have reasons to complain, but I really feel the excitement felling of esterday's afternoon just left all of us tired ... you know ... like a boxer who won only by points ... he won, but not that big, and have taken quite a number of punches though ...
Old 07-22-2008, 04:03 AM   #159
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Anyway ...

What strange is that this weird unveiling, these weird declaration seem to have completely killed the event ...

Almost everybody here seems somehow more or less disappointed ...

Some (like me) regarding the supercharged,
Some regarding colors
some regarding production dates
Some regarding the poor yesterday's show ...

I feel like GM has completely missed this unveil ...

We will always have reasons to complain, but I really feel the excitement felling of esterday's afternoon just left all of us tired ... you know ... like a boxer who won only by points ... he won, but not that big, and have taken quite a number of punches though ...
In my opinion, this unveiling could have been coordinated/directed in a better manner. The original Concepts unveiling had a lot more excitement in the crowd as you could hear the cheering. I was expecting the V8 SS to be shown and I guess was disappointed when it wasn't. The color chosen wasn't the best the car can look in my opinion. Silver perhaps should have been shown since that was the concepts color during its unveiling and more people would have liked it. Yellow with stripes looking like Bumblebee would have been the second best choice as there was an older camaro in the garage with the same colors as bumblebee. Having both side by side would have been even better as they could have compared styling cues found on both and even compared both interiors. Revealing both the SS and RS and pointing out the differences in appearance would have made this a whole lot more exciting and gotten more people on the side of liking the changes to the front. Overall, a peelout or a revving of the engine would have been very cool as well. The car was silently driven afterward when Wyburn drove it around the parking lot. it was in slow motion and the camera crew still had trouble following it... Ultimately I know this wasn't supposed to be some Top Gear Hollywood style cinema filming event. However for what its worth, it could have been a whole lot better with a few minor changes.. Let's hope to see an SS unveiling within the next couple days and all will be forgiven

On a side note, after going back and reading the last few pages that I missed, I have to say that I am very happy with the way the car has turned out so far. We all know GM is in troubled times and are having to make drastic changes to lineups and future plans which may have been greenlighted months ago are being put on hold and so forth.. The gas mileage sounds worse than it is for the Camaro because AVG MPG rating has changed for the worse. 23MPG means 27MPG from last year and so forth. If people don't know this, then the Camaro V6 and V8 look like a gas hogs when compared to its competitors current MPG numbers and even previous camaro's. In order for GM to survive, the V6 needs to be the top seller and they need to capitalize on the Transformers fame for the Camaro by aggressively marketing and sending yellow bumblebee's to many car dealer's which will generate lots of buzz and get people to go look at the car in the showroom. By word of mouth, people will know they have arrived and pre-order's will be made..

On another side note, dealer markups have the potential to kill this whole ride before it starts. I have spoken to a few dealers here in Miami and they are expecting to markup the price of the V6 by $10,000 or more when it comes out for the first orders. This will definitely hurt sales and drive those people away that want to pay nothing more than MSRP, me included. If someone could point me to a South Florida dealer willing to sell at MSRP, someone let me know.. I wish GM would sell these direct to customers and allow for customized pre-orders so we wouldn't have to deal with snake-like car dealers..

I know this is long-winded, however it has been a lot of fun participating in this forum and reading so many posts. It is great to have Scott come on here and let us in on some leaked info here and there and keep us in the loop.. We are all interested in the car and have been the most vocal about any differences from the concept. 422HP is a great number, even though the weight is a bit high.. However it is just as fast as an SRT8 Challenger for $10,000 less MSRP.. However if I can't get it MSRP, then the price will be the same for both and out of most of our reach. Even if I could afford $40,000, I wouldn't pay $10,000 over the MSRP. I'd rather go buy a corvette without markup at that price range even though the camaro looks a lot nicer..

It has been tough reading all these posts considering the excitement from the buildup the last few weeks.. I feel bad the unveiling was a letdown to most on this forum because the expectations were so high.. I will however say that I will be one of the first to go see the cars when they reach the showrooms and take pictures of it at the very least. Things will get back to normal in this forum in a week or so and hopefully those questions about the Manual and Auto 0-60 times differing will be answered by then.

And I do love the way the front turned out on the V6.. Halo's look amazing and it is literally identical to the concept.. I do want to see the V8 SS side by side the V6 soon so I can make the final judgment as to which front I will like the best..

Thank you GM, Scott, Camero.. and all the disciples for helping to make this Camaro something special..Peace.. ohh and thank you Admin of this site and moderators as well for keeping this site updated with the latest news...Peace..

Last edited by Supermans; 07-22-2008 at 04:44 AM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:12 AM   #160
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Let's imagine you're right ... how many peoople will buy a GT500 instead of the Z28?

A lot, they have taken so much time to make the camaro to production ... how long are we gonna wait for a supercharged? 1 or 2 years? I'm not that patient, and again, the GT500 looks good.

Dude! Relax! Get the GT500 now, and in a few years, you can get a killer trade on the "Top Dawg!" Camaro. Yes, they will build it, and we will buy. So, if you have to "lease" a placeholder car for awhile to keep you happy, then do it! No worries!!

You think my 2000 Z28 was my ultimate choice for a car?? NO!!! But I've been patient, and I will have what I really want when I'm ready for it. It's kept me VERY satisfied so far.

So -- chill. JMHO.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:39 AM   #161
Punk_rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
Dude! Relax! Get the GT500 now, and in a few years, you can get a killer trade on the "Top Dawg!" Camaro. Yes, they will build it, and we will buy. So, if you have to "lease" a placeholder car for awhile to keep you happy, then do it! No worries!!

You think my 2000 Z28 was my ultimate choice for a car?? NO!!! But I've been patient, and I will have what I really want when I'm ready for it. It's kept me VERY satisfied so far.

So -- chill. JMHO.
Yes ... would be good solution BUT I live in France and that importing, riding, selling, importing will increase dramatically the price ...

I guess my disappointment is too big right now. I should wait a little before thinking about all that stuff ...
Old 07-22-2008, 04:44 AM   #162
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Yes ... would be good solution BUT I live in France and that importing, riding, selling, importing will increase dramatically the price ...

I guess my disappointment is too big right now. I should wait a little before thinking about all that stuff ...
Good point, my friend. Very good point. I had not thought about the import ramifications. I hope you find an acceptable solution.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:24 AM   #163
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OK -- everybody --

CALM DOWN!!!!!

Has ANYONE noted the articles about GM and Ford and Chrysler in the past couple of weeks? Has anyone noticed what's happened to the retail automobile business?

The bottom line is that the auto world is changing -- in fact, you COULD say we just had an earthquake.

NOw -- I've said this several times -- on several forums -- so please -- pay attention..........

Every product program is being looked at. We (the big three) MUST look at every program - because if we don't - (well.......I don't even want to think of what the future might be if we didn't ........)

The Z28 is not dead. We have not announced when this nameplate may be back. I'll say -- as I have continued to say -- HAVE FAITH.

On an interesting sidenote: you'd be surprised as to the number of people who have called me wanting to do some 'high performance' Camaros. (go look at some of the stuff that was created in 2000 to 2002.......)

Now -- some of you say "well.......I don't want to buy an SS and then have the Z28 come out....." -- and to you I say "do you REALLY believe that we'll suddenly 'plateau' -- and that what you buy will be the 'end all?'......

Keep the faith, my friends - keep the faith.
Once again, the voice of reason in the whirlwind of this storm.

Geeze. I'm just happy to have GM make a two door, RWD sports car with a manual transmission that I can afford.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:23 AM   #164
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowkillers View Post
My buddy works at the Chevy dealership here in my town and he told me a loaded SS is probably going to cost the same as a fully loaded Challenger R/T

Around 37,500
Dealerships do not have any clue what the costs will be, nor what models MAY come out. We can all speculate (by reading forums & talking to customers....) but it is a gamble being accurate by speculating. The next response the dealership hears is...."I thought you said.....?"

I read the forums and tell people just that, there has been rumor to...but the only time I say anything regarding the car for certain is when I have facts in front of me. I don't like my bubble burst either, and yes, I am hoping for a Z28. Trust me, the demand is there! I've heard it from several people I've talked to over the last few weeks. I just wish I was that guy at GM that says YES or NO....Because YES would be really easy for me to say. Even if it's a two or three year run.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #165
XtremeBowtie

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE Camaro / 1963 C-10
I think there will be a Z28. If my memory serves me correctly, the Z28 was not offered right off the bat in 67 either.
XtremeBowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:01 AM   #166
BergerSSno81

Drives: 2002 Berger SS Phase 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OK -- everybody --

CALM DOWN!!!!!

Has ANYONE noted the articles about GM and Ford and Chrysler in the past couple of weeks? Has anyone noticed what's happened to the retail automobile business?

The bottom line is that the auto world is changing -- in fact, you COULD say we just had an earthquake.

NOw -- I've said this several times -- on several forums -- so please -- pay attention..........

Every product program is being looked at. We (the big three) MUST look at every program - because if we don't - (well.......I don't even want to think of what the future might be if we didn't ........)

The Z28 is not dead. We have not announced when this nameplate may be back. I'll say -- as I have continued to say -- HAVE FAITH.

On an interesting sidenote: you'd be surprised as to the number of people who have called me wanting to do some 'high performance' Camaros. (go look at some of the stuff that was created in 2000 to 2002.......)

Now -- some of you say "well.......I don't want to buy an SS and then have the Z28 come out....." -- and to you I say "do you REALLY believe that we'll suddenly 'plateau' -- and that what you buy will be the 'end all?'......

Keep the faith, my friends - keep the faith.
LOL, Scott I'm sure being a Berger SS owner myself that you are getting "love calls" from GMMG and they WOULD love to make a HP camaro. On that note, I know I am a bit disappointed at the L99 and not the Ls3 with the auto trans, can you clarify this from a business perspective. Its like getting an auto punishes us :( BTW GREAT work on the car for a whole unit, I have a shelby mustang with 540 hp so I wasnt as concerned with a 550 hp camaro(tho it would be nice
BergerSSno81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:03 AM   #167
BergerSSno81

Drives: 2002 Berger SS Phase 2
Quote:

I have one, the GT500 IS good!
there is nothing like seeing that hood lurch skyward when you nail the pedal!
BergerSSno81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:20 AM   #168
D-Unit

Drives: Camaro SS, Acura RSX
actually I dont think the GT500 is in production anymore. I think the last year of production was 2008. That is the normal $42,000 version called the GT500, it's last year was 2008.
Now the GT500 SuperSnake and GT500 KR may still be in production? I don't know but those cars are $75K+ and up!

Also , I mean c'mon, did you guys really think that GM was making a Camaro Z28 that would outpower a more expensive Vette base vette!?
I never for one bit thought GM would make a 500Hp+ Z28....................
The best you will get is a SS model with almost as much HP as a Base Vette!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote