Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 12-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #71
Paint It Black

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
so have we come to a consensus yet? I'm on 1/4 tank and need to figure this out pretty soon.
Park it 'til spring - we may have something by then.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #72
Wileycoyote

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
so have we come to a consensus yet? I'm on 1/4 tank and need to figure this out pretty soon.
You might want to ship your car to New Jersey so you can have some professional fuel island attendant fill it up for you.
Wileycoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #73
Stecky

Drives: 0000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuf Cruz View Post
Well, i did not attend Columbia or any college for that matter and no one showed me how to pump gas! Sort of figured it out on my very own!
I cant believe I came back to this thread and worse, actually replied! I really need a life.
I honestly would feel better if this was a troll!

I honestly would feel better if this was a troll!

Thaaat was she said
Stecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #74
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
LOL had too.... Back in the day we would get these little rectangular boxes called C rations. They came with food in them, some had things like a little chocolate called a John Wayne bar,,, tasted like exlax, other stuff was gross, meatballs and pork and beans together, some lima beans mixed with other stuff called slimy green MF and ham etc they all had a bad nickname usually. Any way experimenting over the years we found out that tuna fish, peanut butter, and pork and beans together could solve the gas crisis................. No one would listen to us though they just ran away screaming....... Then we won the war.......... Game Over.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #75
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacmdc View Post
Make sure you shake it before you put it away.
and drain the hose
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #76
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Are we that big of wimps that it has gotten to the point where squeezing the trigger is way too much effort?
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #77
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
stick the gas cap in between the trigger and the guard. Works every time.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #78
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Call Click 'n Clack... the Tappet Brothers. They'll have an answer for you.(Don't drive like my brother...)
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #79
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Notice24 View Post
I appreciate a petty insult as much as the next guy, but why? However, if you want to take a shot at me, I will defend myself. My test scores place me in the top 98% of my class, I attended a summer course at Columbia university this past summer and receive multiple college recruitment letters each month. No one has showed me how to get gas without holding the pump. That doesn't make me an idiot.
You started this thread, and by your own admission "I am an IDIOT", you asked for it. I was told once when tempted to start a thread to type it out in WORD, save it, and read it the next day to make sure I really want to start a thread and am prepared to deal with the consequences.

As an aside, I had a chuckle at your expense yesterday as I filled up my truck, and watched some woman try to pump gas into her car as her boyfriend sat in it....the tank was on the opposite side, and she drove around the island to fix it but it was still away from the pump....she was puzzled as to what to do. I realized at this moment that you aren't alone my friend.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #80
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
College can teach you alot of things, but it cant teach you common sense :p
Old 12-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #81
Airport

Drives: it was really good
Hello,
To remove the smell of gas from your car, clean out the car completely of anything that could have soaked up the smell.If you have a gas can in the trunk,carefully wash the outside of it,to remove any lingering gas.

Customer Service and Client Safety and are our TOP priority The Limo Company serves Sacramento and surrounding cities for airport shuttle service and transportation
Airport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #82
Jcm

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airport View Post
Hello,
To remove the smell of gas from your car, clean out the car completely of anything that could have soaked up the smell.If you have a gas can in the trunk,carefully wash the outside of it,to remove any lingering gas.
I don't know what to say to that!
Airport hurry, Hit edit.. I'll change the subject..and try and draw them off ..
How do I put gas in my car and not have to hold the nozzle ??

But welcome to the ZOO!!
If you go into a cage full of hungry lions... Better bring more than one Krystal !!

Last edited by Jcm; 12-16-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Jcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:19 AM   #83
Stecky

Drives: 0000
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
and drain the hose

and drain the hose <---Thats What She Said
Stecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #84
Jcm

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Notice24 View Post
I'll start by saying that I am an idiot How do you fill up the tank without having to stand there holding the nozzle?
That's simple--
After you get out of your car and light your cigarette simply push the lighter between the lever and handle..it'll only flow about 1/2 open but this might? give you enough time to use the restroom? And get another 6 pack? But remember to mash the cigarette out before getting back in the car, or you're car will stink!

Don't do the wallet or tennis ball thing..most places they'll steal your wallet and some places your tennis ball..
PS I think using the gas cap will void your warranty..

Last edited by Jcm; 12-16-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Jcm is offline   Reply With Quote