Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 08-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
Bumlbee

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS TF Ed.
Pickering Canadian Tire

Hey Guys ,
The Canadian Tire Cruise that move to pickering is a scam .
I went there with my 2010 Camaro 2SS and My buddy took a 2010 SRT8 Challenger and not one of us got in because of the "new rules" .
And it was a joke , he had only 30 percent of the lot closed off and only half of his " Reserved Parking " was full .
He even was going on coutless times about how the show is for 20 years and older .
And its because he has limited parking the whole side of Canadian Tire where you could put newer cars in there own section .
I swear these guys running the show are killing the car hobby .
And for the record off by the gas station my Camaro and my buddys Challenger got more attention then 80 percent of the cars that were there .

So if you guys want to do what I did email Canadian Tire about how you feel you are not able to be a part of the show and point out how all other Canadian Tire shows are open to all cars .
I am sure if we band together we can show off with all the old boys again .

Thanks for your time
Ryan
Bumlbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumlbee View Post
Hey Guys ,
The Canadian Tire Cruise that move to pickering is a scam .
I went there with my 2010 Camaro 2SS and My buddy took a 2010 SRT8 Challenger and not one of us got in because of the "new rules" .
And it was a joke , he had only 30 percent of the lot closed off and only half of his " Reserved Parking " was full .
He even was going on coutless times about how the show is for 20 years and older .
And its because he has limited parking the whole side of Canadian Tire where you could put newer cars in there own section .
I swear these guys running the show are killing the car hobby .
And for the record off by the gas station my Camaro and my buddys Challenger got more attention then 80 percent of the cars that were there .

So if you guys want to do what I did email Canadian Tire about how you feel you are not able to be a part of the show and point out how all other Canadian Tire shows are open to all cars .
I am sure if we band together we can show off with all the old boys again .

Thanks for your time
Ryan
Don't lose sleep over it, there's a Monday Cruise in Thornhill, that I used to go to. It also has restrictions from 15yrs or older, when I had my '80 vette I used to get in, but no new cars. After a while, even with my vette, I stopped going...you can only look at so many, and the same, hot rods, every week.

You have every right to express your opinion to CT, but don't expect miracles, they'll just look at, as making some extra coin to rent out the property. Start your own mini show & shine off on the side, and see how long the restriction lasts. You see the attention you & your friend are getting already.

There's a lot of other cruises to choose from throughout Ontario.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Same for us hear in Montreal at the Big Orange (Decarie) 95 an older...& like you said I too get alot of lookers when I go....
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote