Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
Jyrine

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Unhappy Stero Crackle, Sorry if creating a spam thread, brand new here.

Alright, so for one...I'm new here...So hello to all of you....lets be friends....(just friends).

Anywho, so if I'm in the wrong place...or I'm making the 101th thread about this, please go easy on me.

Now on to my reason for this.

I have a 2011 SS2. And I've loved the car to death. Recently I've noticed a "crackle" while playing music through my iPod via the usb jack.
I've also had it disconnect randomly while browsing...I've had it disconnect while searching for a specific artist/playlist/album/etc.

So I did some digging, and of course Camaro5 popped up with a thread all about it...
"great" I thought, now I can tell my dealer exactly what is wrong...

Well I took it in today....got it back few hours later....they said they couldn't hear/find a thing wrong....
They DID however notice an overheating message my iPod was throwing out stopped when they updated everything...

Now my system stands at
HW: DB
SW: DB

Now...nothing physically has been changed...only software wise....and I STILL hear the crackle....it is so inbetween on some songs and so constant on other I feel like I'm going crazy...

Any suggests or incite would be GREATLY appreciated.
Jyrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
SugeKnight

Drives: 2012 1LT BLACK ON BLACK
I dont hear any crackles when i connect my iphone with the USB, but however i do have the disconnect problem while browsing threw the library. :/
Old 05-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Hi Jyrine! I wish I could help, but I can say I've had similar issues when I try to stream Pandora through my phone/bluetooth.... disconnects all the time.
I will keep an eye on this thread to see if you get any answers...

BTW, where in WA are you?? Don't forget to check out the PNW thread, we almost always have plans for some sort of get together going on in there.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Usual questions.

Have you used several different cords to be sure it's not that?

Are you sure it's not movement of the cord in the usb port?

New phone?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
Matmobl88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
I am very interested in this as well. I have noticed that sometimes my stereo does the same. I assumed that it was the cord, perhaps because it was too long and stuffing everything back into that tiny compartment might have caused a short. I haven't gone any further than that though. So I look forward to hear if there might be a different reason for this situation.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
Jyrine

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Usual questions.

Have you used several different cords to be sure it's not that?

Are you sure it's not movement of the cord in the usb port?

New phone?

Several different cords tested...nothing changes....different ipod even.

It could be the movement in the actual port...but when I wiggle it it doesn't get better or worse.

iPod not iPhone..so I've replaced it one already thinking it could be that.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrine View Post
Several different cords tested...nothing changes....different ipod even.

It could be the movement in the actual port...but when I wiggle it it doesn't get better or worse.

iPod not iPhone..so I've replaced it one already thinking it could be that.
Damn.

Well you've done your due diligence.

Before I used BlueTooth I had a similar problem with an older model iPhone.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #8
usafboy

Drives: 2010 Silver SS/RS LS3
my passenger door speaker crackles during songs. most times my music is loud enough to cover it up but whenever i turn it down and certain songs you can really hear it. ruins the escence of being in a camaro. i've searched on here before about the crappy speakers that are in these cars and many people have had them replaced bcus they crapped out
Mods...so far: resonator/muffler delete, tinted everything, '13 shift knob/boot, bowtie delete, PFADT sway bars, CAI intake, Hurst short shifter, JBA cat deletes, BMR trailing arms/outer bushings/steering rack bushing, Bo White ported TB.
Rhino79 Dyno tuned...405 HP/399 TQ
usafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #9
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I've noticed a distinct crackle sound when listening to Sirius on my 2012. I think mine is stemming from a reception issue though not wiring.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #10
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
I had that problem with my USB port and iPod. The dealer found a TSB and fixed it. It wouldn't happen when I first started the iPod, but eventually if I played it long enough it would. No crackle with the radio in any band or CDs, just iPod. I'll look tomorrow to see what the service receipt says. Did you check the forum for Camaro issues near the bottom of the sections? Can't remember if this subject has been discussed.

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #11
Blakk11SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey Jyrine, I know exactly what your describing as i get the exact same 'crackling' from the ipod i use in the USB jack. It usually occurs after a few long album plays but has happened on short play runs (2-3 songs). I have found the only way to make it clear up is to power off the radio, then shut the ipod completely off the cable, then re-attach it to the white ipod USB cable. I'm using a 4thG 32GB ipod. I have not bothered going to the dealer as the reset seems to help. I'm guessing there is static building in the connection because the audio deteriorates pretty quickly when it does happen. It happens with all the music, i have a mix of itunes downloads and burns from cd.
Blakk11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
FresnoStateDogs

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakk11SS View Post
Hey Jyrine, I know exactly what your describing as i get the exact same 'crackling' from the ipod i use in the USB jack. It usually occurs after a few long album plays but has happened on short play runs (2-3 songs). I have found the only way to make it clear up is to power off the radio, then shut the ipod completely off the cable, then re-attach it to the white ipod USB cable. I'm using a 4thG 32GB ipod. I have not bothered going to the dealer as the reset seems to help. I'm guessing there is static building in the connection because the audio deteriorates pretty quickly when it does happen. It happens with all the music, i have a mix of itunes downloads and burns from cd.
Same here. It happens after a while. I just disconnect, blow on the cord (like the old NES) then connect it back. Solves the problem.

Spiral Ported TB, K&N Typhoon, JBA Performance Cat-back, RX catch can and Oil Breather.
FresnoStateDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #13
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
DO NOT be afraid to ask questions here on C5! lol here was my very first question probably the worst of them all!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101617

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
Dylan88
UCF Knights

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
when it starts i just unplug the usb and plug it back in.

Tags
2011, camaro, crackle, ss2, stero