Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
baranowski

Drives: 1968 Bronco,2001 Fatboy,2010 SS
Pfadt sway bars and adjustable links set up?

Good morning all and happy Sunday to ya,

So, I recieved my drop springs, sport sway bars and adjustable sway bar links in the mail. I put my sway bar end links together in prep for instalation of these parts for my maro.

I have worked on many many cars BUT, Iam looking at the ADJUSTABLE sway end links and wondering, Where does one Adjust them to? I was figuring on starting them out at the same distance as the stock ones. BUT, where do I go from there???? What does the advustment up do? what does the adjustment down do? Are these adjustments only to be made using some sort of suspention machine that shows....something?

Now the second series of questions, The ADJUSTABLE sway bar, What do each one of the setting do? What is the most performance based one?

The Pfadt parts look great but the instructions are very vague....Like the sway bar instructions are .....they install like the stock sways so use the manufacturer instuctions...... I was hoping for more than that. And I have to look up the manufacturer instuctions.

Thanks for the help,
Bill Baranowski
baranowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
baranowski

anyone anyone?
Old 08-29-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
baranowski

Hope someone has some information on this.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
The endinks dont come with any directions? Contact Pfadt here through the forum for the proper length! I bet APEX CHASE will know for sure!

Putting the endlink in the different hole on the sway bar changes how much force is being transferred to the rest of the suspension. The holes closest to the bar are the "stiffest" setting.

Jason
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
baranowski

Nope no instructions about adjustment/s. they show how to put the rod ends in and where the end links go and that is all.

the stiffest set up with the closest hole to the bar. Thank you, that is one questions answered.

Bill Baranowski
Old 08-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
baranowski

bump??
Old 08-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
It's Sunday, rest assured someone will jump in and I am sure the Pfadt guys will as well since their products are involved.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #8
baranowski

Guess I am a little impatient, I only get to a computer every 3 days and kinda wanted to get this done before the next 3 days.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #9
Berean

Drives: Truck
Set your end links up by determining which hole on the sway bar you're going to use, then adjust your end links by turning the end into the shaft and tighten the jam nut.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #10
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
If no one from Pfadt will help today, you can give me a call and i'll see if i can point you in the right direction,

keep in mind that i am just back from vacation, and if i don't answer leave a voice mail, i'll call you back asap.

Last edited by Rob@WretchedMS; 08-29-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #11
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by baranowski View Post
Guess I am a little impatient, I only get to a computer every 3 days and kinda wanted to get this done before the next 3 days.
I hear ya, did you try and PM the Pfadt folks, member name "PfadtRacing" or give them a call (888-972-2464) you just might catch someone there. I don't have their adjustable end links so I have little to offer in that respect.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
TCao

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, 2007 FJC
Pfadt instruction recommends a starting length of 390mm for the front endlinks and 100mm for the rear endlinks. To accommodate slight variation in tolerance from one side to the other (or if you're corner balancing using coilovers), the endlinks can be adjusted in length by turning the body (turnbuckle) as the rod ends are left and right-hand threaded. The easiest way would be to have the car on a lift and install one endlink at the recommended length and adjust the one on the opposite side if needed so it would allow the rod end stud to slide in without having to twist the swaybar (don't forget to tighten the jam nuts). Pay close attention to the orientation of the rear endlinks. The rod ends with the socket head bolts attach to the rear swaybar. Torque the nylok nuts to 33 ft-lb. Otherwise, if they're not tightened down properly, you can expect some clunking noise.

http://www.pfadtracing.com/blog/wp-c...ndlink-kit.pdf

For the rear sports swaybar, the forward most set of holes are the least stiff and the rearmost set of holes are the stiffest setting. I'd recommend using the middle one or medium setting as a starting point. Since you'll also be swapping springs, don't forget to do a four-wheel alignment afterwards. Performance Street alignment settings are what I'm currently using. HTH.

http://www.pfadtracing.com/blog/wp-c...-alignment.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranowski View Post
Good morning all and happy Sunday to ya,

So, I recieved my drop springs, sport sway bars and adjustable sway bar links in the mail. I put my sway bar end links together in prep for instalation of these parts for my maro.

I have worked on many many cars BUT, Iam looking at the ADJUSTABLE sway end links and wondering, Where does one Adjust them to? I was figuring on starting them out at the same distance as the stock ones. BUT, where do I go from there???? What does the advustment up do? what does the adjustment down do? Are these adjustments only to be made using some sort of suspention machine that shows....something?

Now the second series of questions, The ADJUSTABLE sway bar, What do each one of the setting do? What is the most performance based one?

The Pfadt parts look great but the instructions are very vague....Like the sway bar instructions are .....they install like the stock sways so use the manufacturer instuctions...... I was hoping for more than that. And I have to look up the manufacturer instuctions.

Thanks for the help,
Bill Baranowski
TCao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #13
baranowski

thanks you bunches.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:47 PM   #14
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Bill, did you leave a message here at Pfadt on Sunday? Just want to make sure it was you, the customer did not leave his name, only his number. He was also in florida.

What TCao has outlined is exactly true. The only thing I will add is that the adjustability comes in handy if you are really fine tuning your rear sway bar, and you want to use a "half-step" in adjustment on your rear bar, which means you will put it in hole 1 for instance on the drivers side, and hole 2 on the passenger side. This would require different endlink lengths. Please give a call over if you need any more help. Sorry we are typically at our Miller Motorsports facility on weekends, not at our engineering offices.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote