Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
RTRO 2SS

Drives: 2010 2SSRS 6 Speed
Hotchkis Camaro Race Pack PN 80117 Feedback

If you’ve put this kit on your Camaro or know someone who has I would be grateful for any feedback you have to offer, good & bad.
RTRO 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
ericedelman

Drives: 2020 ZL1
I've had it on my car for 1 NASA season, which was around 10 track days/5 weekends. I'm an intermediate/advanced HPDE driver, basically a perpetual student.

Installation is relatively simple if a lift is available and the instructions are pretty good. If a lift is not available, the swaybars/bushings and the chassis brace seem tough to do on jackstands. A spring compressor is needed to install the springs on the struts. There were a few places where torque values were left out of the instructions, so I had to call them up twice, but they were very helpful.

A 4 wheel alignment after installation is very helpful. Hotchkis gave me alignment and camber settings that work well for track use and don't seem too hard on the tires. I think it's -2 front, -1 rear.

The adjustable rear swaybar at it's softest setting is still a little rough for street driving, but tolerable. At it's stiffest setting, it's jarring on the street, but great at the track. It is adjustable without lifting the car once you see where the fasteners are.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase, the cost is reasonable for what you get, and the performance gain is significant for a car that will see both street and track duty. It may be one of the best "bang for the buck" in Camaro suspension. I might have gone in a different direction for a track-only setup, but I probably would have also gone with a different car too.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericedelman View Post
I've had it on my car for 1 NASA season, which was around 10 track days/5 weekends. I'm an intermediate/advanced HPDE driver, basically a perpetual student.

Installation is relatively simple if a lift is available and the instructions are pretty good. If a lift is not available, the swaybars/bushings and the chassis brace seem tough to do on jackstands. A spring compressor is needed to install the springs on the struts. There were a few places where torque values were left out of the instructions, so I had to call them up twice, but they were very helpful.

A 4 wheel alignment after installation is very helpful. Hotchkis gave me alignment and camber settings that work well for track use and don't seem too hard on the tires. I think it's -2 front, -1 rear.

The adjustable rear swaybar at it's softest setting is still a little rough for street driving, but tolerable. At it's stiffest setting, it's jarring on the street, but great at the track. It is adjustable without lifting the car once you see where the fasteners are.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase, the cost is reasonable for what you get, and the performance gain is significant for a car that will see both street and track duty. It may be one of the best "bang for the buck" in Camaro suspension. I might have gone in a different direction for a track-only setup, but I probably would have also gone with a different car too.

Eric,
That’s a great detailed response to RTRO 2SS’s question. It’s great to hear that our R&D paid off for you on the street and the track. We’ve had similar experience with our test Camaro F-11, but it’s nice to hear it from our customers too.

RTRO 2SS,
Check out some of our 5th gen customers and builds on our Facebook page (LINK)
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote