Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #71
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakekiller View Post
read every review on the camaro, the same exact complains on all of them.
don't worry the camaro can be flawless in your world.

i dont see what the problem is here, he's comparing a unfinished movie propcar
to a real car you can buy right now. of course the car isn't going to feel better.
I don't have to read every review, because I've read/watched enough to know that not every one of them complains about the same thing!

Yesterday was a long day and your post rubbed me the wrong way. Sorry, I had forum rage.

Also, I've never said or implied that the Camaro is flawless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
I just had to quote this because it is so true.

As far as I can tell all he complained about was his head touching the roof with his seat all the way down (a pretty common complaint even on this board) and the steering wheel. Is that reason enough to hate the guy and accuse him of being "paid off" by Ford. He even admitted that is was an Incomplete movie car and that he had to forgive some of the flaws because of it. I think he was pretty fair on all points even tho some of his info was wrong.

Seriously if a reviewer isn't absolutely worshipping and giving anything but total praise to the Camaro some of you just have a fit. This was not a bad review at all.
It was a bad review because if he is going to make a statement that the steering wheel is the worst in the industry, he should at least tell us why. Did his steering wheel work opposite than mine or only worked occasionally?

At least that's my opinion on a good or bad review.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #72
MTMTE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Transformer Edition
Quote:

As far as I can tell all he complained about was his head touching the roof with his seat all the way down (a pretty common complaint even on this board) and the steering wheel. Is that reason enough to hate the guy and accuse him of being "paid off" by Ford. He even admitted that is was an Incomplete movie car and that he had to forgive some of the flaws because of it. I think he was pretty fair on all points even tho some of his info was wrong.

Seriously if a reviewer isn't absolutely worshipping and giving anything but total praise to the Camaro some of you just have a fit. This was not a bad review at all.
Did you even read my post? He doesn't have to worship the car, just give credit where it is rightfully due, to give numbers alone on the mustang and not the firebreather is enough to make it a bad review, I get that some reviewers are fanboys ( motor trend) but at least they give you the whole picture with real world numbers, and an explanation of what is wrong!! This was all opinion, he purposefully included things to make the mustang sound great and excluded things to make the camaro sound bad!!
MTMTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #73
subzero05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 tbd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
Actually, I do not care for the Firebreather look. If GM ever brings back the TA, I hope they use an earlier rendention found on this site back in 2009. Can't find it right now but that was bada$$ right there. The Firebreather in the video looks so cheezy. It looks like someone took a Camaro and ripped the front fascia off and slapped some aftermarket POS fascia on there. A real hack-job in my opinon. It looks hideous to the point where I think it will reflect on the Camaro/GM in a negative way. Too bad. Also, as much as I love my Camaro, I must admit that the GT500 in that video had the best sounding exhaust by a long shot. I mean it was no contest. Disappointed in the Firebreather. If I was a perspective buyer of the Camaro and saw this video, it would make me consider the Mustang without hesitation. That's how bad this was for me. Sorry. JMO.

EDIT: Think I found the earlier rendition or something close. They should have tried to stick closer to this in my opinion and put a much sicker exhaust on it with LTs or something to open it up so you can at least hear the thing. The exhaust was way too docile in the video. I would bet good money that the dubbing in the movie will be much, much more aggressive.

Attachment 149568
transamdepot.com is making that car shown above I believe
subzero05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #74
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTMTE View Post
Did you even read my post? He doesn't have to worship the car, just give credit where it is rightfully due, to give numbers alone on the mustang and not the firebreather is enough to make it a bad review, I get that some reviewers are fanboys ( motor trend) but at least they give you the whole picture with real world numbers, and an explanation of what is wrong!! This was all opinion, he purposefully included things to make the mustang sound great and excluded things to make the camaro sound bad!!
How is he gonna give track numbers on a car that hasn't been taken to the track?

Have fun crying about nothing.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #75
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
What a fugly looking Camaro.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #76
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
I am the same size as the guy in the vid and if I do not wear a ball cap I have PLENTY of lead room. With a hat, when I hit the humps and bumps I will tap my hat on the sunroof molding.

But for gods sake man, lay that seat back. You can't drive the camaro with the seat straight up like you do the stang, got to lean back and enjoy it!!!

Recline that seat a bit and relax and there would be MORE then enough room for his pumpkin in that camaro.
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #77
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
The Firebreather should definatly be put into production as the Firebird, i dont care if Pontiac is gone now they can always bring it back haha >=}
And yeah it would cut into the Camaro's sales, but thats not a problem, if the Camaro has 100% sales right now, and the Firebird was introduced, the Camaro's sales would drop to 75%, but the Firebird would also get 75% so in the end GM would make a 50% sales profit, it'd be totally worth it.
Plus that would push Ford to re-introduce the Cougar and Mopar could re-introduce the Barracuda =D
You've just gotta find ways to make the Firebird different than the Camaro other than just looks, like if the Z28 has an LSA, then make the Trans Am have an LSX454 or an LS7, which by the way is NOT going out, i saw a video on the LSX454 recently and the gM rep stated the LS7 was alive and well and still very very popular and that it will be around for a long time to come.

And a side note, i definatly think this is the best looking Firebird look-alike that ive seen yet, those retro 5th gen Firebirds the aftermarket companies have been trying look god awful, this looks amazing
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #78
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
Quote:

i agree
Old 07-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #79
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
Actually, I do not care for the Firebreather look. If GM ever brings back the TA, I hope they use an earlier rendention found on this site back in 2009. Can't find it right now but that was bada$$ right there. The Firebreather in the video looks so cheezy. It looks like someone took a Camaro and ripped the front fascia off and slapped some aftermarket POS fascia on there. A real hack-job in my opinon. It looks hideous to the point where I think it will reflect on the Camaro/GM in a negative way. Too bad. Also, as much as I love my Camaro, I must admit that the GT500 in that video had the best sounding exhaust by a long shot. I mean it was no contest. Disappointed in the Firebreather. If I was a perspective buyer of the Camaro and saw this video, it would make me consider the Mustang without hesitation. That's how bad this was for me. Sorry. JMO.

EDIT: Think I found the earlier rendition or something close. They should have tried to stick closer to this in my opinion and put a much sicker exhaust on it with LTs or something to open it up so you can at least hear the thing. The exhaust was way too docile in the video. I would bet good money that the dubbing in the movie will be much, much more aggressive.

Attachment 149568

Problem is, i like that generated image, it looks awsome, but when its brought into reality it just looks horrible, for some reason the transition from computer generation to reality kills it. And a quick note, the side vents on the fenders should be above the "Trans Am" decal.
Personally ive hated every Trans Am recreation from the aftermarket companies, they all seem awsome in computer generation but they look horrible in reality, i especially wasnt a fan of the ducktail spoiler, i love the idea of ducktail spoilers, they look awsome on the Camaro, but somehow they made it too big and goofy on the 5th gen T/As, i preffer the Firebreather.
The Firebreather is a better candidate for a T/A cause its not a completely retro design, it looks new, its fully updated and brought into this generation, BUT it has enough nastalgia to make you go "oh yeah thats definatly a Firebird design" yet it doesnt make you go "what the hell did they do to that 70s' Firebird?" LOL, i like it better, i wish they would make a 5th gen T/A from this design
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #80
BigCee66
I Design stuff ;)

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray 2SS Camaro
@5:30 he lies. I'm 6'6" with the seat lowered and my head does NOT touch anything, not even in ones with a sunroof. And i'm really tired of people shorter than me saying otherwise.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #81
snakekiller

Drives: f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaber99 View Post
I don't have to read every review, because I've read/watched enough to know that not every one of them complains about the same thing!

Yesterday was a long day and your post rubbed me the wrong way. Sorry, I had forum rage.

Also, I've never said or implied that the Camaro is flawless.

It was a bad review because if he is going to make a statement that the steering wheel is the worst in the industry, he should at least tell us why. Did his steering wheel work opposite than mine or only worked occasionally?

At least that's my opinion on a good or bad review.
good points, he dint explain why. i think its just to big, that goes for the shifter as well.
snakekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #82
LSP2010
IM A GURL

Drives: 2010/2SS
that firebreather looks mean but i keep thinking it looks like a saturn.
3100, Order available to sequence- n/a
3300, Order sch. for production--- 21may09
3400, Order broadcast------------ 28may09
3800, Order produced ------------ 2jun09(2G1FT1EW8A9114199)
4000, Available to ship
4200, Shipped--------------------9june09

ITS HERE 18JUNE09
LSP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #83
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP2010 View Post
that firebreather looks mean but i keep thinking it looks like a saturn.
the saturn sky was cool, i liked the saturn vue too. there were some good saturns. lol
Old 07-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #84
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I get the sneaking suspicion that this movie is gonna suck major ass

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote