Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Single turbo setup question

Ok so im wondering on a single turbo set up what has to be done to the other bank of the car to equal the back pressure that the turbo is causing on its side. and another question. how much boost can you run on a stock motor with stock fuel system?

this is for the 2010 v6
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
the psi so far seems to be 6 for being safe, and up to 9 with the use of a meth kit, i have no clue about the other stuff but hopefully someone chimes in
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I know on the STS system they have a BOV on the opposite sides exhaust which forces the exhaust on that side through the H-pipe to the turbo. The turbo is mounted to the rear of the H-pipe in that system, but I'm sure that even on the mid or front mount turbos, you would have to combine the exhaust with a crossover pipe of some kind before the turbo.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:52 AM   #4
Shadow Camaro

Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
^ I was thinking the same thing. Some kind of cross pipe. unless you want to go twin

Rotofab CAI, SW LT Headers and High Flow Cats, SW Cat-Back, Eibach Pro rear wheel spacers, SS Grill Insert, Street Scene Front Splitter, Blacked out rear emblem, blacked out bezels, plasti-dipped lower bumper, plasti-dipped rims with yellow pinstriping, dyed interior stitching yellow, 2x Kicker CVR 12's w/ 1200 watt kicker amp. MORE TO COME!
Shadow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)

Drives: Turbo'd 6er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
I know on the STS system they have a BOV on the opposite sides exhaust which forces the exhaust on that side through the H-pipe to the turbo. The turbo is mounted to the rear of the H-pipe in that system, but I'm sure that even on the mid or front mount turbos, you would have to combine the exhaust with a crossover pipe of some kind before the turbo.
The sts system has a blow off under the hood to release the pressure on the intake manifold when you let off the gas. in the rear of the car is a waste gate which is what regulates your boost pressure, by the size spring inside it. it releases air when your boost reaches its peak. and keeps back pressure.

the sts tune that the system comes with is junk. its very resticted and no where near the kit limits. I highly suggest to get a dyno tune after the install. the flash tune only goes so far. the base sts kit comes on the automatice for the v6 a 5psi contant boost with 7 psi peak inbetween gears.

mine is on 8psi with a 9 psi peak inbetween gears. with the meth kicking in at 5 psi. they tryed it up to 12psi and the kit did not like the boost amount and pnce we turned it back down to 8psi trying everything inbetween we got max power.
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote