Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
giant_g2

Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
RX is Terrible!

Is anybody else having problems getting your catch can from RX?

I ordered mine a couple months ago and it said it had a 2 week back order. I thought, ok, that's not too bad. So after a month of waiting I still had not received it and I contacted them. They told me the back order was 4-6 weeks and that I should have it in 2 weeks (bringing me to the 6 week mark). It has been about 9 weeks now. I tried contacting them last week, but still no answer. I just sent them another email telling them to ship my order tomorrow or give me a refund.

If they fail to reply within a week I think I will have to file a complaint against them for deceptive business practices and maybe even fraud. They took my money, never sent my order, and are not responding.
giant_g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Unfortunately you are not alone. I am not sure anyone has gotten their money back either. Best of luck to you.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Should have done a search of RX on here before buying. No way I'd order from them.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
CamaroJoe96

Drives: 2013 Full Bolt on LFX M6
You're beating a dead horse. They're having trouble keeping up with demand. Mine took 3 months to arrive, and am over all happy with the product. If you don't want to wait, ask for a refund, and go with an elite catch can. Filing a law suit is out of hand imo
Old 09-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Unfortunately you are not alone. If I were you I would just file a dispute with your credit card and order the Elite can from Apex Chase.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
Is anybody else having problems getting your catch can from RX?

I ordered mine a couple months ago and it said it had a 2 week back order. I thought, ok, that's not too bad. So after a month of waiting I still had not received it and I contacted them. They told me the back order was 4-6 weeks and that I should have it in 2 weeks (bringing me to the 6 week mark). It has been about 9 weeks now. I tried contacting them last week, but still no answer. I just sent them another email telling them to ship my order tomorrow or give me a refund.

If they fail to reply within a week I think I will have to file a complaint against them for deceptive business practices and maybe even fraud. They took my money, never sent my order, and are not responding.
....IMHO it's a small company that is expanding. They make a quality product, but due to all the exposure and positive feedback here they have gotten more orders than they can deliver on a timely basis. In other words, the demand exceeded the supply capacity. Be patient.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #7
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
I was hoping to get a Monster Catch Can from them for my build, don't really want to put a smaller one on such a high HP goal. BUT, I don't want to wait that long either...I want to be on the streets with my car yet before winter. It sucks!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #8
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Well, if you happen to get your money back, don't forget about the Mike Norris Can. It's great!!! I have it on my car, and usually drain 4-6 oz. at every oil change.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #9
giant_g2

Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Unfortunately you are not alone. If I were you I would just file a dispute with your credit card and order the Elite can from Apex Chase.
I would like the company to refund my money and then I will buy an Elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJoe96 View Post
You're beating a dead horse. They're having trouble keeping up with demand. Mine took 3 months to arrive, and am over all happy with the product. If you don't want to wait, ask for a refund, and go with an elite catch can. Filing a law suit is out of hand imo
I don't want to file a law suit, just file a complaint; not because of how long it is taking, but because they flat out lied to me (hell of a lot longer than 2 weeks, or 6 weeks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....IMHO it's a small company that is expanding. They make a quality product, but due to all the exposure and positive feedback here they have gotten more orders than they can deliver on a timely basis. In other words, the demand exceeded the supply capacity. Be patient.
If they could actually tell me when they will ship it, then I would be happy. I'm tired of them jerking me around for over 2 months saying that that it will ship in the next 2 weeks. I don't like being lied to.
giant_g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #10
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
This is not correct at all.

Many many people on this forum and numerous other forums are out of pocket to the tune of thousands of dollars because of the antics of this company and they should be avoided like the plague.

Many people on here are still waiting for refunds but the chances of getting those are very slim unfortunately.

The catch cans they sell used to be OK, but even those are now cheaply made and poor quality in an attempt to cut corners and save money.

There is a reason why they are banned from this forum - unfortunately it took way too long and far too many people ended up out of pocket in the meantime.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
There are at least a dozen other threads exactly like this, you are not alone
Old 09-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #12
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
This is not correct at all.

Many many people on this forum and numerous other forums are out of pocket to the tune of thousands of dollars because of the antics of this company and they should be avoided like the plague.

Many people on here are still waiting for refunds but the chances of getting those are very slim unfortunately.

The catch cans they sell used to be OK, but even those are now cheaply made and poor quality in an attempt to cut corners and save money.

There is a reason why they are banned from this forum - unfortunately it took way too long and far too many people ended up out of pocket in the meantime.
Correct. There is a reason Tracy is banned on this forum...
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #13
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Moroso makes a great one too.

Thread moved to the proper sub-forum
Old 09-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #14
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Like the others have said, you're not alone OP, unfortunately. They're a few bad reviews of RX on here and on google... and you cant fake google lol