Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Arrow White Mary Jane...Build Thread [COTW 6/11/12]

White Mary Jane (SW 1LT w/ RS package)…..Build Thread

Attention: All rights reserved. Any and all photos/videos found within this thread may not be copied, edited, reproduced, linked, or displayed in any form or by any means; electronic, mechanical, optical, or otherwise, without prior written permission from myself. If you wish to use any of the photos/videos found within this thread please contact me.

I started this thread exactly a year after I purchased my SW `11 1LT A6 w/ RS package in February 2011.

I wasn’t like a lot of the diehard Camaro fans. I simply bought the car because of the way it looked. I thought it looked awesome. I’d never had a history with the Camaro. I'm a Camaro junky now, though!! I’d never been into how fast or slow cars were or how they performed….other than gas mileage since I drive 130 miles round trip for work every day. But since I’ve had my Camaro I’ve learned that I would LIKE to drive a fast, great performing car (one of these days I will have one)….because it is fun. LOL. Who doesn’t think it is fun, right? But for now I will enjoy this car!

I traded in my `10 Prius III for the Camaro.

I’ve learned so much (and not even a quarter of what most people already know on this forum) about cars and what can be done with modifications (both cosmetic and performance alike) just by browsing, reading, and researching the bowels of Camaro5. I’ve learned what a cold air intake is, haha. That is a lot compared to what I used to know!

So, over the past year I’ve been like most of the other people on this forum and I’ve been trying to make my Camaro one of a kind…..

Maybe by looking at this thread some forum members can get some ideas on mods.

....and as for the name "White Mary Jane", my wife's name is Mary Jane and I really like it! I'm not big on naming my car solely after a girl's name (or naming it all, really, but it is kind of fun) so I added the "White"(also since it's my favorite color of Camaro and I'm fond of that part of my car) in front to make it sound more like a "thing", and not an actual girl.

MODS:

Cosmetic:

Exterior:
-Razzi ground effects (SW body colored)
-JDP Colorshift Halos
-6000k HID replacement bulbs
-Flashtech V2 Colorshift DRL halos
-Dual front splitter multi-mode, colorshift LED lighting
-Multi-mode grille (upper and lower) colorshift LED lighting
-Gloss black Phantom grille
-Gloss black lower billet grille
-IVS Havoc wheels (stock Pirelli Pzeros)-Black Chrome
-“Camaro” caliper covers (SW)
-GM Blade Dovetail spoiler (SW)
-Blade Dovetail spoiler "CAMARO" decal

-RS hood spears
-Black rear RS emblem (delete)
-Front RS emblem delete
-White/black painted rear bowtie
-Front bowtie delete
-Matte black trunk mid-section
-“Gill/Vent” decals
-Black fender “Camaro” script
-Tail light and side marker tint
-Reverse marker tint
-5% window tint (except front windshield)

Interior:
-Multi-mode, colorshift front AND rear footwell lighting
-“Camaro” visor decals
-Black/White "Camaro RS" interior dash plaque
-"CamaroRS" door sills
-Lloyd’s “Camaro RS” floor mats
-Custom painted gloss white:
-dash panels
-steering wheel bezel
-speed/tach bezel
-shifter/center console bezel
-center console panels

Engine Bay:
-Custom painted white engine cover
-Custom painted white fuse box cover
-Body color CAI box.

Performance/Exhaust:

-BBK long tube headers w/ HFC's
-Flowmaster American Thunder axle-back
-CAI cold air intake
-CNC Vmax ported throttle body
-Stock resonator delete
-Magnaflow res x-pipe
-Trifecta tuned

Here are some pics of when I first bought the car compared to what it looks like now...

Attached Images

Last edited by camaro_RS; 07-21-2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Update
camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
WOW!!!

All I can come up with is WOW!!! What a nice transformation from what was a REAL nice white camaro. Nicely done and presented very well..Congrats and welcome to the club......
Old 02-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
All I can come up with is WOW!!! What a nice transformation from what was a REAL nice white camaro. Nicely done and presented very well..Congrats and welcome to the club......

Thanks a lot, man!! I appreciate it!

Old 02-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

I need to get some more good pics but here are a few of the more recent ones.....
Attached Images

Last edited by camaro_RS; 04-01-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Pics of some performance mods I did myself. I'd never done anything like this before....so it was fun. I did not do the exhaust and resonator delete. Took it to a local shop for that.

I originally put in the K&N air charger intake in, but it kept throwing a CEL and I hated it. Finally I got rid of it and put in a CAI intake in. K&N gave me a full refund which was a great customer service move by them.

Also attached are some "in progress" or completed pics of mods that I've done including painting bezels, RS emblem, tail light tint, door sills, mats, etc.
Attached Images

Last edited by camaro_RS; 03-23-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

This is what you get when you live in a vacation destination....some jackwagons put red velvet cake all over the back of my car and then someone tried to wipe it off. I found it spread like this the next morning. I really wished whoever tried to wipe it off hadn't because they were just making it worse by rubbing it in the clear coat/paint. There was even some on the side of my fiance's Rogue which was parked next to mine but clearly it was all meant for my car. We weren't even next to other cars. Last year somebody poured beer all over the front of the car. It's a shame when people can't mind their own business and property and they feel they have to ruin someone else's for fun.

It's kind of hard to tell how bad it was from the pics....but it was pretty bad.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
This is what you get when you live in a vacation destination....some jackwagons put red velvet cake all over the back of my car and then someone tried to wipe it off. I found it spread like this the next morning. I really wished whoever tried to wipe it off hadn't because they were just making it worse by rubbing it in the clear coat/paint. There was even some on the side of my fiance's Rogue which was parked next to mine but clearly it was all meant for my car. We weren't even next to other cars. Last year somebody poured beer all over the front of the car. It's a shame when people can't mind their own business and property and they feel they have to ruin someone else's for fun.

It's kind of hard to tell how bad it was from the pics....but it was pretty bad.
Mary jane's transformation is looking good When i parked beside you in Destin for our photoshoot i was like thats a bada$$ V6 But i feel your pain about the vandalism... i had a douchebag open their door on my baby awhile back at a hooters But if i were you i would try claying it then break out my Adams orange pad and haze and swirl remover followed by the fine machine polish (white pad) If you ever see that jerk come back be sure to open up some on him
Old 02-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Very very Nice looking Camaro you have
Old 02-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee View Post
Mary jane's transformation is looking good When i parked beside you in Destin for our photoshoot i was like thats a bada$$ V6 But i feel your pain about the vandalism... i had a douchebag open their door on my baby awhile back at a hooters But if i were you i would try claying it then break out my Adams orange pad and haze and swirl remover followed by the fine machine polish (white pad) If you ever see that jerk come back be sure to open up some on him
Yeah man, I've been meaning to get some detailing (most likely Adam's since that's what most people are using) products and do my whole car. It's full of swirls I'd rather not have.

That sucks about the dent! Hope you were able to get that fixed. Yeah man, no matter how hard we try to keep these cars nice and clean someone can always come out of nowhere and mess them up. It's a shame.

Thanks for the compliments on my car, man!! Yours is pretty awesome, too! Love the original "Bee"!

Old 02-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Looking real good, love those Havoc wheels!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Very very Nice looking Camaro you have
Hey man, thanks a lot!!!

Old 02-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
Looking real good, love those Havoc wheels!
Thanks, man! Yeah it took me a while to find some wheels I really liked that weren't completely out of my price range! I really like the black....and the chrome...of the wheels. They are a little flashy but not too flashy IMO.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #13
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Yeah man, I've been meaning to get some detailing (most likely Adam's since that's what most people are using) products and do my whole car. It's full of swirls I'd rather not have.

That sucks about the dent! Hope you were able to get that fixed. Yeah man, no matter how hard we try to keep these cars nice and clean someone can always come out of nowhere and mess them up. It's a shame.

Thanks for the compliments on my car, man!! Yours is pretty awesome, too! Love the original "Bee"!
Thanks! I love having a true TF Bee But to point you in the right direction As you probably noticed Adams has their daily deals, weekend deals and holiday deals (which are the best imo)

Shipping was about 15 dollars a box to ship stuff to me and i thought that was a little outrageous so a dealer contacted me through Adams forums named Mike Augello and is a Great guy to work with and helped me out with all my detailing problems, and can get you the same adams stuff for cheaper shipping prices. The bright side is more time to spend with Mary Jane
Old 02-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #14
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee View Post
Thanks! I love having a true TF Bee But to point you in the right direction As you probably noticed Adams has their daily deals, weekend deals and holiday deals (which are the best imo)

Shipping was about 15 dollars a box to ship stuff to me and i thought that was a little outrageous so a dealer contacted me through Adams forums named Mike Augello and is a Great guy to work with and helped me out with all my detailing problems, and can get you the same adams stuff for cheaper shipping prices. The bright side is more time to spend with Mary Jane
Yeah man I'm definitely going to have to use one of those specials for Adams' products. Thanks for hooking me up with Mike's name. I may have to look him up. And like you said....more time with WMJ!!