Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 12-28-2014, 08:15 PM   #15
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS RS 1LE
Quick Jacks BL-5000

Hello all,

I was looking for a way to work on my 1LE with the ground effects kit on it and found nothing I felt good about. Then I found these Quick Jacks.

No, there is not a stop system as they go up. There is a drop bar which has two positions which you can lock the lift into place, but there's nothing like a normal post lift you might be thinking of. The drop bar is only on one side of each lifting unit. If you look in the next picture you'll see it on an angle toward the middle.

Since I plan on using these almost exclusively at home I'm planning to build a couple blocks of cribbing to place between the top and bottom of the scissor part of the lift. If I need to work under the car I'll be able to lower the car onto these cribbing blocks which will make this basically into a solid unit. No squished melon. The drop bar on there now has two pockets made for you to lock the unit into place. One is half way up and the other is about an inch lower than the fully extended position.

So far, I've only lifted my car the one time shown in these pictures. My number one complaint about these is the quick disconnects on the hoses at all ends are cheap garbage and leak all over the place every time they're connected/disconnected. I understand things cost money and the cheaper it is to build the cheaper you can sell it for but this is one place I wouldn't have cut corners on. So on top of $1,300. bucks I've got to go to Grainger and drop more money on couplings. BS if you ask me.

Second complaint which almost didn't make this entire thing happen. I ordered these through Summit Racing in early September, I just got them December 15th! They kept pushing the ship date back further and further and the only way I would find out is by calling Summit and seeing if they shipped yet. More BS. If it hadn't been for the fact I gutted my garage and I'm not really ready for them, they would've been in the way before now, I probably would've canceled the order and found another way to lift the car up.

Overall I'm really happy so far with them other than the above mentioned items. Oh ya, the instructions that came with the jacks were deplorable. I ended up searching for better instructions online. The ones which came with them was only a couple pages, mostly CAD type drawings and no real help.

There are rollers on one end of each unit so you can lift one end and roll them around. Don't know how much they weight but they're not light. The picture of the guy holding them like they don't weigh much must be the 3500 set. I'm 6'4" and not a small guy and you're not going to find me hauling them around one handed, EVER.

Lift time seems longer than advertised buy I've not timed it nor does it really matter to me. I'm not in a race when it comes time to work on my car. Tomorrow I'm installing all new SS brake lines and R1 Concepts brakes on my baby. We'll see how well they work then.

It sure is nice being able to lift the entire car up at once. Those wheels are a pain in the but to clean on the car. I did shake the car pretty good when I first put it up and I was impressed with how solid it was. Once I have my cribbing made I'll have full confidence going under it and working to my heart's content.

If anybody has any questions I'll be happy to answer them. Mine is the 120V unit by the way.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #16
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
That's Bs that the fittings are garbage. Especially for something that expensive that is potentially holding something much more expensive.

As far as those race ramps where the whole car is up, how crap I want those LOL but not for the 2k price tag. My 12,000lb rhino ramps and my 4 ton harbor freight jack and 3 ton jack stands (not habor freight) work great for what I do. Eventually if I get a house I would love to get a lift if I could.

I know many will knock the HF jacks, or anything HF for that matter but if you look at the majority of the jacks, they are all mass produced, painted different colors and branded different companies. I bought a craftsman motorcycle/atv jack that I used maybe 8 times in say 6 yard and I think before the 2nd year the bottle started to leak. Trying to get a replacement was pulling teeth. I just bought the same jack and swapped the bottle. I got my 4 ton HF jack for $100 with a coupon and It works great. I would suggest getting a 3 ton or low profile for the Camaro tho, mine hits the deflector underneath, so I roll it onto planks before jacking up the car.

But those race ramps are pretty sweet.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:34 AM   #17
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Well, I'm happy to say I did my brakes yesterday and the jacks worked very well. Even had to leave the car up in the air over night and they didn't drop at all. I left them with the drop bar a hair above the highest stop which left just enough room for the bar to wiggle. Came out this morning and checked it and there is still just enough room for the drop bar to wiggle. I'm impressed.

Still plan on replacing the quick disconnects with better ones.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:46 PM   #18
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehovarter View Post
so I ahve been looking at this as well, as Race Ramps are nice if your just doing oil changes - but those can be had for $200 as noted above, the link provided for full drive up is nice, - but to do what - drop your tranny? swap out your exhaust? i need something that will allow easy oil changes AND easy tire rotation - the quickjack seems like a good solution. here is an independent review on the BL3500 - the BL5000 is the next version for heavier cars - like our Camaros!! (ouch - but true!!) I am 80% ready to skip the race ramps ($230) and get this setup. sure - getting under without jackstands probably not recommended - but this makes getting stands under the car pretty easy - one push of the button, not jacking 4 corners one at a time!!

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...7318&showall=1
Yep, read a few threads over on GJ. These look to be pretty convenient/time saving. I'm tired of the car teetering on edge while jacking each end for the jack stands.

I was looking hard at the Max Jack but am not too comfortable with the concrete anchor concept etc.

This will be easy to get the car off the ground up to 22 inches then going a few inches higher using the jack/jack stands if needed. I think the 22" would be good. I never measured how high i had my car using the jack stands. Its almost time to clean the turbo filters again and change out the oil. I will take a measurement then.

These do look promising though.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #19
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
That's a pretty cool lift.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:32 AM   #20
chimazo

Drives: 2016 Ram
Where did you place the QuickJack to lift the car? Did you just use the rubber blocks under the subframe or did you use some pinch weld adapters or???
'15 Challenger Hellcat M6 *SOLD*
'16 Charger 392 Scat Pack - daily driver *SOLD*
'14 Z/28 #309, White, no A/C *traded in*
'11 GS Corvette w/Si V3, 606rwhp/521rwtq *traded in*
'07 GT500 w/TVS, 685rwhp/664rwtq*traded in*
'02 Z06 w/P1SC, 562rwhp/467rwtq*SOLD*
chimazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #21
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Rubber blocks against the pinch weld. I thought it would have cut into them like butter, but nope.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #22
chimazo

Drives: 2016 Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyk01 View Post
Rubber blocks against the pinch weld. I thought it would have cut into them like butter, but nope.
Cool! Thanks for the info and pics. Just ordered mine!
'15 Challenger Hellcat M6 *SOLD*
'16 Charger 392 Scat Pack - daily driver *SOLD*
'14 Z/28 #309, White, no A/C *traded in*
'11 GS Corvette w/Si V3, 606rwhp/521rwtq *traded in*
'07 GT500 w/TVS, 685rwhp/664rwtq*traded in*
'02 Z06 w/P1SC, 562rwhp/467rwtq*SOLD*
chimazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:47 PM   #23
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimazo View Post
Cool! Thanks for the info and pics. Just ordered mine!

Enjoy. Hope you get yours faster than I did.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:12 AM   #24
08G8V8

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyk01 View Post
Hello all,

I was looking for a way to work on my 1LE with the ground effects kit on it and found nothing I felt good about. Then I found these Quick Jacks.

No, there is not a stop system as they go up. There is a drop bar which has two positions which you can lock the lift into place, but there's nothing like a normal post lift you might be thinking of. The drop bar is only on one side of each lifting unit. If you look in the next picture you'll see it on an angle toward the middle.

Since I plan on using these almost exclusively at home I'm planning to build a couple blocks of cribbing to place between the top and bottom of the scissor part of the lift. If I need to work under the car I'll be able to lower the car onto these cribbing blocks which will make this basically into a solid unit. No squished melon. The drop bar on there now has two pockets made for you to lock the unit into place. One is half way up and the other is about an inch lower than the fully extended position.

So far, I've only lifted my car the one time shown in these pictures. My number one complaint about these is the quick disconnects on the hoses at all ends are cheap garbage and leak all over the place every time they're connected/disconnected. I understand things cost money and the cheaper it is to build the cheaper you can sell it for but this is one place I wouldn't have cut corners on. So on top of $1,300. bucks I've got to go to Grainger and drop more money on couplings. BS if you ask me.

Second complaint which almost didn't make this entire thing happen. I ordered these through Summit Racing in early September, I just got them December 15th! They kept pushing the ship date back further and further and the only way I would find out is by calling Summit and seeing if they shipped yet. More BS. If it hadn't been for the fact I gutted my garage and I'm not really ready for them, they would've been in the way before now, I probably would've canceled the order and found another way to lift the car up.

Overall I'm really happy so far with them other than the above mentioned items. Oh ya, the instructions that came with the jacks were deplorable. I ended up searching for better instructions online. The ones which came with them was only a couple pages, mostly CAD type drawings and no real help.

There are rollers on one end of each unit so you can lift one end and roll them around. Don't know how much they weight but they're not light. The picture of the guy holding them like they don't weigh much must be the 3500 set. I'm 6'4" and not a small guy and you're not going to find me hauling them around one handed, EVER.

Lift time seems longer than advertised buy I've not timed it nor does it really matter to me. I'm not in a race when it comes time to work on my car. Tomorrow I'm installing all new SS brake lines and R1 Concepts brakes on my baby. We'll see how well they work then.

It sure is nice being able to lift the entire car up at once. Those wheels are a pain in the but to clean on the car. I did shake the car pretty good when I first put it up and I was impressed with how solid it was. Once I have my cribbing made I'll have full confidence going under it and working to my heart's content.

If anybody has any questions I'll be happy to answer them. Mine is the 120V unit by the way.

I just placed my order for the new 7000SLX, but is back-ordered and expected to ship early June......so I'm told.....and I hope is true. I will be using this for my C7, G8 and Sierra(reason I want the 7000). Looks like I may have to modify my rocker panels on the G8 to lift along the pinchwelds, since the factory cutout areas along the rockers are at 64" spacing end to end, and the quickjack is limited to 60". May have to trim some material away to access the pinchweld.

Anyway, I am searching around for info on these units, and came across this thread. I'm curious if you ever followed through with some sort of cribbing?

Now that you've had the unit for quite some time, any issues/complaints?

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:04 AM   #25
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
im thinking of getting a MaxJax. is a 2 post lift that works with a 10' ceiling. lifts 3.75'. you can sit under it and wheels will be at chest level. http://www.maxjaxusa.com/index.html
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:10 AM   #26
91 zeee

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
im thinking of getting a MaxJax. is a 2 post lift that works with a 10' ceiling. lifts 3.75'. you can sit under it and wheels will be at chest level. http://www.maxjaxusa.com/index.html
Old thread...but thought it might help someone...I have a MaxJax. Had it for a couple years now. Couldn't be happier with it. Its like a normal shop lift but, if you don't have the head room for a shop lift, this is perfect; goes up about 48". I've used it for everything from oil changes to transmissions to full suspension rebuilds.
91 zeee is offline   Reply With Quote