Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 07-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #15
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
We'll be there rain or shine......

The Fest was always a social gathering first.....car show and track day second. I know the track is a lot of the reason many people come. But at the same time - I think what brings people from all corners of the country is to see friends from online and have a good time. We can do that wet just as well as dry.

I had my car rained IN during that 30 minute storm last year...so you don't need to worry about whether or not we're aware of this....

The bad news (maybe?) is that there is no backup, or rain-date. We can't control the weather, and can't afford to make any promises regarding its cooperation.

That all said.....noaa is calling for a little sprinkle maybe saturday morning, and a possible T-storm on Sunday....but they're also calling for sunny skies the rest of the day, and sheer sunlight on either end of that little shower pocket.

So.....it can move either way....I watched this month-forecast for a few different events this year, and based on the trends, I'm hedging my bets that the T-storm will move into Monday, and we'll have a GREAT weekend for the Fest!
Thank you for answering. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Here's to no major rain!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #16
SparkyDL75
SparkyDL75

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/Grey
With all due respect... lets stop talking about the potential for rain.
Suspension Pedders Pace Car Pkg w/ZL1 Upgrade; Pedders Upper & Lower Control Arm, Steering, & Differential Mount Bushings; Pedders SS Brake Lines; Pedders Dual Bearing Camber Plates; ZL1 Toe Link; Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads
Drivetrain Maggie2300(8psi-3.4pulley); CompCam; 85lb injectors; ZL1 fuel pump; ZR1 MAP; Centerforce DYAD Twin Disc clutch; Stainless Works LT headers; QTP Cutouts; Rotofab intake; RX catch can; Mike Norris tune 643rwhp 598 rwtq

SparkyDL75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyDL75 View Post
With all due respect... lets stop talking about the potential for rain.
If you were spending $1500 in fuel and towing 16k lbs 1000 miles you'd be worried about all aspects of the fest.

It's not as simple as jumping in the car and driving out.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote