Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #85
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
I was asked on occasion when I had mine about the 6 and when I told how much HP some would say they'd have done the same if it were their DD.

Now that I've got my 5.0 V8 I've had a few ask why I didn't get the EcoBoost :| I always tell them that I'm not gonna pay MORE for a V6 when I have the nice rumble and sound of this bad boy.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #86
gangulo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro LT RS
On my way home today I stopped at a liquor store to pick up a Rockstar. I walk over to my car and see a woman sitting on my trunk spread eagle while her friend is taking pictures with a cell phone. I remote start the car to hopefully get her off my car but no she just jumps excited to the engine starting up. I know I should have been mad but I just laughed and said hi to the women. They told me what a sexy car and said it was a car they always wanted. Lol my first compliment and its from someone sitting on my trunk.
gangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #87
65TIMM

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangulo View Post
On my way home today I stopped at a liquor store to pick up a Rockstar. I walk over to my car and see a woman sitting on my trunk spread eagle while her friend is taking pictures with a cell phone. I remote start the car to hopefully get her off my car but no she just jumps excited to the engine starting up. I know I should have been mad but I just laughed and said hi to the women. They told me what a sexy car and said it was a car they always wanted. Lol my first compliment and its from someone sitting on my trunk.
65TIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #88
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Did you get a phone number or offer one of them a ride?
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #89
gangulo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro LT RS
My brother got both their numbers. My wife would kick my ass if she even thought I picked up another woman's number lol
gangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #90
tbis

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
I say i have to many speeding tickets couldn't afford the insurance on a v8. About the auto question the answer is I don't have a v8 pointless to get a manual v6. It has paddle shifters its all good.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

[SIZE="100"]
tbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #91
kennyw
Intelligent Redneck

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS-2013 Mustang V6
If anyone asks why I didn't get a V8 I just have to tell them I have three of them at home... Most don't get past the colors combination before I take off in the Mustang though.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #92
IncrediblyX

Drives: Red
Stick shift? Please. That was so 10 years ago.... I have paddle shifters, so sit down before you pee yourself.
IncrediblyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #93
xrayman

Drives: 2012 RS/LT
Quote:
For all you V6 owners please help me here. I have a 2013 V6 RS with all the features available automatic. Every time I have went to fill it up I get asked by some random guy "hey why the he'll aren't you putting premium gas in you're car?", "Why the he'll would you buy a V6?" and "Nice car how does it handle? Oh never mind its an auto." It is starting to get on my nerves what does it matter that I bought an automatic and V6? I got an automatic so my wife could drive my car and didn't buy a SS because I purchased a new Cruz LTZ fully loaded just a year ago. Anyone else get the wtf auto and V6 treatment and how do you handle it?
I could care less, I am 41 yrs old and have wanted a Camaro since I was a teenager. I finally pulled it off and I am quite happy with my car V-6, paddle shifts and all.

Last edited by xrayman; 07-24-2013 at 10:19 PM.
xrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #94
WndWarrior

Drives: 2013 1LT/RS
After a week or two I thought I should have gotten the v8, but 3 weeks later I couldn't be happier! Used to drive an 02 SS, when I miss that car I crank up the twin Magnaflows! Loving my new ride, gas mileage and all...
WndWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #95
CH3VYRULZ

Drives: Camaro Red Hot 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
I just got mine 2LT/RS 3 weeks ago.. same thing.. automatic V6....

Now couple of things, it really depends what are you going to use the car for! When i got my Camaro I was thinking between 1SS standard or 2LT/RS (almost the same budget..), so i asked my self what will i be using my car for/... Daily drive... i want it loaded and i like the MPG on the V6 better then the V8 plus I can use 87 for gas and that basically answered my dilemma...
I loved to get the SS but for daily commute on that MPG and i had to fork out another 10K to get 2SS the same interior and accessories as the 2LT so for my limited budget it was perfect fit to go with the V6!
Now if you have another car and use this as second car use it on weekends go on tracks and so on... then SS is a way to go... you can not compare the V6 with the V8 engine thats how big difference is when comes down to power... i test drove the SS and you can tell there is a big difference... but the V6 for me made more sense at this time So I'm very happy with what i got!

AMEN BROTHER! My same situation.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #96
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
When they ask me why I didn't "get the 8", I tell them "What the f%*# does it matter to you what I buy?"
Usually they just turn and walk away.
That's NY style Q and A.

I have no patience for d-bags.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoying, automatic, camaro v6, owners, question