Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-18-2019, 02:10 PM   #57
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGiovando View Post
1 more thing protovack. I am pleased to see that out of nearly 60 replies and almost 2,000 views you are unique in your opinion and that my friend brings a smile to my face..
In this thread, you've called me a troll, punk, thoughtless, ignorant, and told me to "move on bud" and "best of luck to ya pal", as if you have the right to tell me to get lost, for expressing an alternative viewpoint on a sticky situation. The spirit of my post, was obviously to raise a different point of view and soften the rage a little bit, so that nobody did anything haphazard or stupid. Retaliation happens, and going out of your way to get someone fired from a job can backfire on you in an instant. That's a viewpoint developed from a lifetime of experience dealing with people and how to get things done. You misinterpreted what I wrote as condoning the techs behavior, which I corrected you on. If you get a group of people together to discuss the poor actions of one individual, you may get different interpretations. It's the basis of the entire legal system and the reason there are juries, not just judges. I'm the dissenting opinion here. And that's okay!
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:11 PM   #58
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Irony of ironies.... a lady in Mississippi caught a dealer employee out in her vehicle.... and actually took it back home with her..

https://www.facebook.com/penny.i.tho...EMBEvU&fref=nf

So yeah, I think you absolutely have a right to be livid. Contacting the police is definitely something I agree with. I also think something more than a few free oil changes is required here too..

Last edited by DevilsReject97; 04-18-2019 at 02:41 PM.
DevilsReject97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:20 PM   #59
Grimfrost769

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I feel like something needs to be done about these situations. And there isn't a great solution that makes dealers maintain professionalism.

We have onstar and technology. However, there is almost nothing to stop someone from disrespecting your property or you as a customer when the keys are out of your hands.
Grimfrost769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:36 PM   #60
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
A friend of mine is a county prosecuting attorney. We talked about this and she said file charges against the dealership and person that took the car. You have the evidence is was taken without your permission. That is stealing. You could also have try and get a reckless charge against the driver with the Onstar data. I'd throw everything at them and see what sticks.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:49 PM   #61
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
In this thread, you've called me a troll, punk, thoughtless, ignorant, and told me to "move on bud" and "best of luck to ya pal", as if you have the right to tell me to get lost, for expressing an alternative viewpoint on a sticky situation. The spirit of my post, was obviously to raise a different point of view and soften the rage a little bit, so that nobody did anything haphazard or stupid. Retaliation happens, and going out of your way to get someone fired from a job can backfire on you in an instant. That's a viewpoint developed from a lifetime of experience dealing with people and how to get things done. You misinterpreted what I wrote as condoning the techs behavior, which I corrected you on. If you get a group of people together to discuss the poor actions of one individual, you may get different interpretations. It's the basis of the entire legal system and the reason there are juries, not just judges. I'm the dissenting opinion here. And that's okay!

dont pretend like your "dissenting opinion" was to do anything but inflame ...rather than de-escalate.

If this was the first time anyone had heard of this kind of thing in this type of business going on, then your opinion would be justified. But it's not. So your opinion is not. This is not an isolated incident, which is the only way your opinion on how to respond to this situation would make any sense.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:26 PM   #62
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Irony of ironies.... a lady in Mississippi caught a dealer employee out in her vehicle.... and actually took it back home with her..

https://www.facebook.com/penny.i.tho...EMBEvU&fref=nf

So yeah, I think you absolutely have a right to be livid. Contacting the police is definitely something I agree with. I also think something more than a few free oil changes is required here too..
gotta sign in to facebook to view. :/
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:00 PM   #63
Fatty1707

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
Owner of the Dealership is held accountable for all employees and this is something I would want to know as a Owner of a business. This crap is why I don’t take my vehicles to anyone until I trade them in. These story’s are becoming more and more frequent by the day. It’s a shame that you can’t trust anyone with your property. I also have a feeling that the advisor never told the tech that he was not to drive the car. If he did, they would have mentioned it. Lots of incompetence going on here.
Fatty1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:12 PM   #64
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
gotta sign in to facebook to view. :/
added as a pic
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2019, 05:45 PM   #65
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
dont pretend like your "dissenting opinion" was to do anything but inflame ...rather than de-escalate.

If this was the first time anyone had heard of this kind of thing in this type of business going on, then your opinion would be justified. But it's not. So your opinion is not. This is not an isolated incident, which is the only way your opinion on how to respond to this situation would make any sense.
Do we know if this is a pattern of behavior at this dealership? By this tech? It may in fact be an isolated incident, for that facility. My only point was A, initial rage may need to be tempered somewhat, it could be a lot worse. B, don't publicly smear a business for the actions of one individual. Sorry if that seemed inflammatory to some. Was not trying to be inflammatory.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:24 PM   #66
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Same thing to my nephew and his wrx. It became a huge dramatic event that he escalated all the way the corporate customer service. In the end they forced the local dealership to make amends with my nephew, but also told my nephew never come back again. It was in a small town with the next closest Subaru dealership being 120 miles away.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:34 PM   #67
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Gold medal to anyone who reads that wall of text.
It has been edited.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:24 PM   #68
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
Do we know if this is a pattern of behavior at this dealership? By this tech? It may in fact be an isolated incident, for that facility. My only point was A, initial rage may need to be tempered somewhat, it could be a lot worse. B, don't publicly smear a business for the actions of one individual. Sorry if that seemed inflammatory to some. Was not trying to be inflammatory.
It is an industry wide problem that will not be fixed until the industry respects the public they serve. This means throwing the book at every example of this occurring until they are all too afraid to continue behaving this way.

Your solution just hides the problem and allows it to continue since the penalty is essentially zero.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:37 PM   #69
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Man, the service department I was a part of would never ever ever ever do this shit.

What I don't understand is this....dealership employees see these cars EVERY day, probably drive them on a weekly basis...they lose their appeal and wow factor working at a dealership since you see them every day. That's certainly not a shot these cars nor the OP's car...it just boggles my mind that any service guy would be like "OMG I get to go beat on a Camaro" when they drive them all of the time.

It's just stupidity to the max, especially since it's easy to get caught.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:41 PM   #70
Fatty1707

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
added as a pic
Another reason why not to leave my vehicles with anyone. Lately this seems like normal behavior. Nice story.
Fatty1707 is offline   Reply With Quote