Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2016, 10:11 PM   #29
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
what an ass
havelegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:45 PM   #30
mustang50lx

Drives: 2015 SS
That same has played out many times. I will never understand why these guys don't straighten the car out before jumping on it. It is like asking for that to happen. Do you think he tried to tell law enforcement those weren't his tire marks?
mustang50lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:05 AM   #31
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
Consider this your monthly reminder to not be a dumbass leaving any car show. Not only is it not safe, and not only are the exits for these events overwhelmingly monitored by law enforcement who aims to meet their monthly quota in one afternoon, but also puts future events in jeopardy. Thanks to behavior like this, over the past 5 years we've had 2 separate Cars & Coffee events here in Raleigh flat out canceled because of pressure from surrounding businesses who got fed up with this behavior (and whose insurance providers threatened to jack up their rates through the roof due to how out of control the events themselves became).

Many fools have ruined events like this for others and the behavior of stupid drivers is what has gotten the attention of law enforcement not monthly quotas. It's a shame that these things happen but it's hard to control.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:14 AM   #32
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Why would you help someone clean up their mess after they did this? I wouldn't. He was the a$$ that did it, he can clean it up. Let the firemen stand there and laugh at him while they flood his car with water to avoid an explosion, and then let the tow truck pull his car out and take it away..

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:24 AM   #33
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Like said above gunning a large tire tire when not straight is a , well, you see the result.

Jackhole.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:15 AM   #34
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Geez!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 07:25 AM   #35
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
Not all dickheads drive Mustangs?
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:53 AM   #36
Mels RS

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS Vert
And all this time I thought those handicap placards meant "physically handicapped"!
<n168tx(at)flytx.net>
Mels RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:06 AM   #37
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
Got to be careful, I am glad no one got hurt nor did he. It is fun to sometimes show off your badass ride but there is a place and time for that, AT THE TRACK! I just can't stress how lucky he is that he didn't hurt anyone...

I HOPE he is more careful next time.
Fixed.

That's not the kind of long shot I'd ever bet on. Not even because it wasn't a Mustang.

Norm
Old 05-21-2016, 08:19 AM   #38
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Yup tried to make turn.... was looking for donuts and dumbasses......
Old 05-21-2016, 08:55 AM   #39
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
After watching the vid imo he didn't crash because he was not straight.....he held that way to long. Plenty of time to let up before crashing. He did gun it while turning but seemed to be in control. And this is on a public street he wasn't in the parking lot so the clubs insurance rates are not impacted. It's when these clowns act up while still on private property that leads to problems.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:58 AM   #40
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Agree, he's also lucky one of those fence poles didn't come through his windshield & pierce his skull or chest.
Ah-hah, exactly, agree 100%. Seen this a few times. It's f*cking horrible! For those trying to put together a mental image of how this looks, and it's not working, it's because the real life picture is about a thousand times worse than what you are capable of imagining. I'd suggest you stop trying now. Your nightmares will thank you.

I'd like to give the guy a (very) small benefit of the doubt. Maybe his accelerator stuck (or he thought it did). Maybe something else went wrong and by the time he could get it under control, he had eaten 1/4 mile of fencing. Who, among us video watchers, can honestly say?

No way to Monday morning QB this yet 100%. If you were in the R/F passenger seat, you might have some useful insight. Otherwise, we're just a bunch of QB, play-calling guys, with no hard facts. But yes, there are a couple of obviously bad moves. I.e. The hard right turn with way too heavy throttle application for way too long. Mechanical issues??? The video seems to show him fighting the car while moving from #2 lane to #1 lane and then to no lane (hits center divider). I Would love to see it all as one of those dramatized "scientific" mini camera views that the Speed channel, History channel, Military channel etc. use to show historical mechanical failures in real time and / or slow motion.

Mostly though, I'd really prefer to NEVER see another beautiful Camaro (or any car), be destroyed on film, due to some doofus' need for speed.

Here's to a bit of hope and prayer that nothing like that happens to anyone on here. Drive safely!

Last edited by jimlem; 05-21-2016 at 09:52 AM.
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:46 AM   #41
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
This a prime example of showing off can be a waste of money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:33 AM   #42
RACERJOE1

Drives: 2014 2SS
I'd say it's a case of more money than brains and common sense, sorry to see such a nice ride destroyed by an idiot.
RACERJOE1 is offline   Reply With Quote